Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others (19557 Views)

Edo Police Arrest, Detain 4 Officers For Killing Vigilante Member (Photo) / Meet Kenechukwu Okeke Who Sued Aisha Yesufu, Falz, Others Over EndSARS Protest / Police Arrest & Detain Ademola Adeleke Over "Certificate Forgery" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Chetas81(m): 5:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
Judolisco:
Dis one Don buy market.... My own be say if uno get money for dis country no go find trouble
in shithole city, money will be use to rate people
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Chibuzoripob: 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2023
Brendaniel:
After reading the whole story, I don't even know who to believe, A woman is using the police to drag another woman to court
Why did she failed yo honour simple invitation? Why 🏃‍♀️ to court? Did she SCAMMED people and try to evade? She go EXPLAIN with load of EVIDENCE
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by TUTU147: 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2023
I know we don't trust police in this country,but police cannot just start looking for the woman for arrest if there was no complain from another party.Many criminals like to play victim while they are the real criminal.Let us watch and judge without sentiment.
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by TUTU147: 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2023
Malroux:
So because she sued the IG they now want to 'deal' with her.
I don't think so, what was the petition against her for.Many nigerians are criminally minded.Let police prove her wrong or she should prove her innocent.
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by reiddecuti: 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
At the end they will yarn you say there's freedom of speech under democracy that democracy is the best thing after bread and butter.

Don't be deceived. If you're not one of them, you're not one of them. There's no freedom under democracy just like it is under autocracy, mornachy, etc.
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by KanwuliaExtra: 6:25pm On Sep 23, 2023
Welcome to anarchy!
Datti Baba Ahmed was soooooooooooo right! cheesy
GBAJUE POLICE FORCE!

AGBEROCRACY FOR US BY THEM!

What do you expect with a so-called presidiot with no primary school leaving certificate! grin

What is the Nigerian Police Force doing in a purely 'local' jurisdiction?
Nigeria is finished!
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Angelfrost(m): 6:27pm On Sep 23, 2023
Malroux:

Welcome to the Banana Republic where human rights mean nothing to those in power.

1 Like

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by saysoo: 6:27pm On Sep 23, 2023
Islie:
Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued Inspector-General, Others For Breaching Her Fundamental Rights

https://saharareporters.com/2023/09/23/nigerian-police-arrest-detain-woman-who-sued-inspector-general-others-breaching-her
she is in your net now, do as you wish. Nobody leaves here with anything.
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Angelfrost(m): 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2023
reiddecuti:
At the end they will yarn you say there's freedom of speech under democracy that democracy is the best thing after bread and butter.

Don't be deceived. If you're not one of them, you're not one of them. There's no freedom under democracy just like it is under autocracy, mornachy, etc.

Honestly... I am yet to be fully convinced that we actually practice Democracy in its true form.
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by NAC1666: 6:29pm On Sep 23, 2023
Islie:
Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued Inspector-General, Others For Breaching Her Fundamental Rights

https://saharareporters.com/2023/09/23/nigerian-police-arrest-detain-woman-who-sued-inspector-general-others-breaching-her
What's the work of EFCC then?. Hand her over to EFCC if you have anything against her
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Weathered: 6:32pm On Sep 23, 2023
Islie:

only in Nigeria do police arrest before investigation and keep you there while doing same investigation.

If the police have any integrity, they will answer to her suit and not intimidate her with arrest
So many reforms needed in the Nigeria police force. Dubai police investigated Hushpuppy unbeknownst to him and when they arrested him, he was charged to court immediately after investigation.

Nigeria police arrest on mere petition or report and keep the suspect there before even investigating the case.

I dare any Nigerian citizen to write a petition by a lawyer alleging breach of peace, threat to life etc and mobilize the police if they won't arrest the suspect without carrying out investigation.

Shame!

2 Likes

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by JuanDeDios: 6:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
Brendaniel:
After reading the whole story, I don't even know who to believe, A woman is using the police to drag another woman to court, the woman is now dragging the entire police and the other woman to court with allegations and counter allegations...

The Problem:
1. Some women have 1st class degree in lies

2. Nigeria police force sometimes lie better than the former.

The story looks like a liar using a liar to fight another liar and the liar is returning the favour back, the story just smells of deal gone wrong between 2 women who have planned to deal with each other using the police and the judiciary, looks like a case of connection fighting connection....
This is a decent summary of the story.
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Theunbothered: 6:38pm On Sep 23, 2023
Malroux:

They said she didn't cooperate
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Faposky95: 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
Brendaniel:
After reading the whole story, I don't even know who to believe, A woman is using the police to drag another woman to court, the woman is now dragging the entire police and the other woman to court with allegations and counter allegations...

The Problem:
1. Some women have 1st class degree in lies

2. Nigeria police force sometimes lie better than the former.

The story looks like a liar using a liar to fight another liar and the liar is returning the favour back, the story just smells of deal gone wrong between 2 women who have planned to deal with each other using the police and the judiciary, looks like a case of connection fighting connection....

Allor Tori Tales by sunlight....
As long as na NAIJA...woman...police
Same ni
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Judolisco(m): 6:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
Chetas81:
in shithole city, money will be use to rate people
man u knw d type of country you're in... Hence behave yourself...
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by VinnyBaba: 7:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
Blitzerz:
Apc is building a military regime

Very TRUE.👍👍

They are Building an Autocratic Government Designed to Favour NORTHERNERS and Yoruba Muslims.😕

When I see some SS Pple and Yoruba Christians supporting APC,
I normally SMH. 😒🤦

1 Like

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by VinnyBaba: 7:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
Angelfrost:

Honestly... I am yet to be fully convinced that we actually practice Democracy in its true form.

We were Practicing Democracy under PDP.😏

It was the Demonic APC party of Buhari and Tinubu that KILLED Democracy
When they created a Rubber Stamp Senate and Hijacked the Judiciary! 😕😒
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by clockwisereport: 7:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
Inibehe Effiong, the Gani Fawehinmi of our time, will come to her rescue
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by fashrola(m): 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
nairalanda1:

In this case, I advice that we wait and see what is going on.

The Police have said that she is being investigated for serial fraudulent activites. On the basis of petitions that are there. At the risk of sounding like a police lackey, the fact is, if she has been engaging in illicit acitivies, then the Police have every right to look at her.

She also is not the only one that has sued police. Others sue police, and nothing happens. Also, she does not appear to be involved in politics, or is she a human rights activist, otherwise my suspicion would be heightened

So for now make we dey wait. For all we know, this could be a criminal pulling wool over our eyes, or a genuine case of police brutality. And God knows our police force is a big time rights abuser, and get room for improvement,(see ENDSARS), but at the same time, criminals should not take us for a ride either.

Modifed

Looks like the cops have been looking for her for a long time. She has been wanted since at least July...alongside someone else who was cleared.

There is more to this case than police persecution.

this is a case of side chick transaction gone wrong, remember she was wanted along with former SSA to the previous governor and was called to come clear any wrong doings but she refuses and only the guy went there and cleared his name (We all know how people with affluence in the country behaves and seals the truth with powerful connections and money)

So whatever that happened, that dude gave her some lead and other information to carry out any illegal activities.

But we await the outcome

1 Like

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by LONEWOLFJOHN: 8:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
AntiChristian:
Till I die I will never be arrested or detained by any forces on earth!
are you sure you want to be successful more than you currently are? Think twice.
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by CJStarz: 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2023
🤣🤣😂

Malroux:
I have a job for you ok. Check my signature.
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by Melagros(m): 9:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
Malroux:
I have a job for you ok. Check my signature.
My brother get a job for this motherfvcker please

1 Like

Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by AntiChristian: 6:29am On Sep 24, 2023
LONEWOLFJOHN:
are you sure you want to be successful more than you currently are? Think twice.

Of course but without that!
Re: Peace Ekom Robert: Police Arrest, Detain Woman Who Sued IG, Others by SamOchuko: 6:29am On Sep 24, 2023
Islie:

Why Nigeria police nor day investigate before effecting arrest? Why them day detain person b4 investigation? What if the arrested persons turns out to be innocent? Will they compensate him/her? This act of theirs is very unprofessional.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sheikh Gumi To Boko-Haram - You Cannot Break-Up Nigeria / Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos, Litre Goes For 120 / Japheth Omojuwa Sues Twitter User For N450 Million Over Death Threat.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.