Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Should I Take This Sales Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Take This Sales Job? (10782 Views)

Graduate Trainee: Should I Take This Employment Offer? / Opay Bike Rider And Sales Job / Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Take This Sales Job? by oceanblazer: 3:56pm On Sep 24, 2023
I currently work as an a bank reconciliation officer with a monthly pay of #50k and I have an offer for a Guinness depot sales reps job.

I would love to know how financially rewarding the sales rep job for Guinness products is.

I'll really appreciate your inputs.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by uzomanny(m): 4:48pm On Sep 24, 2023
If the offer is directly from Guinness, please take it.

Should in case their offer falls below your expectation (but most likely, higher than what you currently earn), still take it.

You'll be building your portfolio for a better tomorrow either at Guinness or some other Multinational.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Slickbishop(m): 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
U better take d Guinness job o.if u don't want it.leave it for me

18 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by grandstar(m): 12:49pm On Oct 30, 2023
oceanblazer:
I currently work as an a bank reconciliation officer with a monthly pay of #50k and I have an offer for a Guinness depot sales reps job.

I would love to know how financially rewarding the sales rep job for Guinness products is.

Take it, that is if they are taking you on as a full time staff.

Grab it with both jands.

Such multinationals pay their staff well

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by MuslimIgbo: 12:49pm On Oct 30, 2023
slavery

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Reportbutton: 12:49pm On Oct 30, 2023
If I were you, salary will be the determinant.
Take it and learn the trade.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 30, 2023
Don't you know the salary for the sales rep job? Also you need to be sure it's from Gunness directly, not an outsourcing company or distributor.

13 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Wujio: 12:50pm On Oct 30, 2023
oceanblazer:

Guiness
Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by freemandela4(m): 12:50pm On Oct 30, 2023
uzomanny:
If the offer is directly from Guinness, please take it.

Should in case their offer falls below your expectation (but most likely, higher than what you currently earn), still take it.

You'll be building your portfolio for a better tomorrow either at Guinness or some other Multinational.
I agree with you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Lalabz: 12:51pm On Oct 30, 2023
omo reason guinness matter o

no go looseguard

4 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by westlius(m): 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2023
For the sales rep, its stressful but if you respect ur staffs you will be upgraded to main guiness staff where u earn about 350k for a start.
Take the guiness job
Future dey dere

27 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Tokskob2008: 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2023
Hmmm.... Sales job no be easy work atal atal.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by BigYash: 12:53pm On Oct 30, 2023
Guy leave reconciliation matter o. Hold Guinness Stout tirt grin

5 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by arofemites(m): 12:53pm On Oct 30, 2023
Take it without looking back. So many hidden money making avenue as a Sales Rep. You still have chance to be staffed as a Direct staff of Guinness if you're not direct for now.

Sales job is the best.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Otulented: 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2023
oceanblazer:

Go for Guinness sales rep. It is more profitable, than banking 50k job.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by adesegun121(m): 12:55pm On Oct 30, 2023
Yes
Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by emmyluizzz: 12:55pm On Oct 30, 2023
anything Guinness na prayer point getting answer.....use your brain

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Hermanie(m): 12:55pm On Oct 30, 2023
Am I wrong, but that Guinness job looks like you'll just be a sales boy in a drinks depot.

Your job might just be to sell crates for Guinness beer and to take stock when a new batch of drinks come in. If this is the job, it's not different from a normal sales boy or sales girl job.

I don't see how it would help your career progression.

If I am wrong and it's a more bigger role, then you can consider it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Skillsnigeria: 12:55pm On Oct 30, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by November24(f): 12:59pm On Oct 30, 2023
oceanblazer:

Dare not, anything less than 100k , don't accept for sales job

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by samigben(m): 1:00pm On Oct 30, 2023
Guy hold on this opportunity,
9ja is moving in a pass phase....
Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by tompat86(m): 1:04pm On Oct 30, 2023
If it is a Direct staff,i"ll advice u take it,but if it is a contract job...run oooo

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by dominique(f): 1:07pm On Oct 30, 2023
Hope it's not one of those jobs where you're given unrealistic sales target? I know of someone that also got a sales job in same Guinness, I'm not sure of his specific job description. hlHe had to start using his money to buy drinks meet up with the target. Apart from that, a lot of those wholesalers he supplied to bought on credit and he had to use his money to cover up the deficit when making reconcilation to the company. He had to resign when he realized that he was losing more than he was gaining from the job. By then over a million naira of his money was still with the company. He couldn't recover up to half from the people he sold to on credit. That's why it's very important to make findings before accepting certain jobs.

17 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Wujio: 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2023
November24:

Dare not, anything less than 100k , don't accept for sales job

Na so. Criticizers, how many Over 100k jons have you created. While he declines both, can you please cater for his needs till he finds job over 100k. Nonsense

Depit job that he will see opportunity to make even 70-120k on the side.is what you are telling him to drop. Smh

It also goes to you Hermaine. You guys should stop discouraging people

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by lilvicky68(m): 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2023
take the guiness job, at least if not for anything for the free beer
Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by November24(f): 1:09pm On Oct 30, 2023
Wujio:

Na so. Criticizers, how many Over 100k jons have you created. While he declines both, can you please cater for his needs till he finds job over 100k. Nonsense

Foolish 🐐

That's mine suggestion
Fo. Ol

Nor be every body dey suffer
Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Wujio: 1:10pm On Oct 30, 2023
November24:

Foolish 🐐

That's mine suggestion
Fo. Ol

Nor be every body dey suffer

I wont call you a full. However, criticize with critical reasoning. My friend did depot job and was earning more.on the side. This is first hand experience. Money apart, isnt it on a paid job, peopoe meet better offers or is it st home better offers would get to him? Smh. Indeed common sense isnt common

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Nice2023(m): 1:12pm On Oct 30, 2023
oceanblazer:

If u take up the sales offer job...expect ur life to change for the better.

Let me tell u what happened to me after I got a sales work at the bank in 2012 in Abuja. At first I never liked it because of how tough it could get to meet up with monthly or quarterly target but as I took up the job,I started showing a burning interest in it as mine involved getting clients to buy mortgage properties.

I could remember my pay then was 48k and everything was going on well,I was getting client I was also learning on the job as a fresh graduate from school then and after about five years,I exited the system and started money lending and that has earned me more than my salary in 50years. As thus was part of the things I learnt while working in the bank.

If u want to do well for yourself fast,pick up a sales man job,don't also forget that it is tedious,tiring,interesting and funny enough it will certainly lead u to meet people of all kinds and connect u to a whole alot.

In Robert Kiyosakis book,he mentioned that being a sales man helps u create solution, and also help u over come timidity and as well as help u to find solutions to problems e.g peoples problem

Pick up the the new job if only u are u sure and good luck to u.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by wittywriter: 1:14pm On Oct 30, 2023
#50k embarassed ($50) monthly bank job...just wow...Nigerian regular 9-5 workers earning below naira equivalent of $300 monthly are strong.
OP try to learn how to create multiple income as you go forward with your choice/decision.

Wittyness.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / N-Power Programme: FG Recruits 1,350 Youths As Extension Workers In Cross River / MTN Nigeria Latest Job Recruitment (11 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.