Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Self Defense Without Guns, Doable? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Self Defense Without Guns, Doable? (168 Views)

I Stabbed My Husband In Self Defense - Policewoman (Photos) / Police Tie Robber Released From Prison & His Gang Caught With Guns / Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Self Defense Without Guns, Doable? by YoungNoble01: 5:45pm On Sep 24, 2023
Given the level of insecurity and the law which prohibits individuals from the possession of firearms in Nigeria, how can law abiding citizens protect themselves when under attack?

An ordinary person is no match using a knife against a criminal with a gun.

Considering a situation where such criminal is already on scene, you can see that the response time of security personnels would not even be in the picture.

Does the law want us to sit still and die or submit to the mercies of these criminals?

In the meantime, we may need to start learning Karate, Kung fu, or Taekwando cheesy
Re: Self Defense Without Guns, Doable? by Bliss24: 5:52pm On Sep 24, 2023
I have said it times and times again

No law prevent a private citizen from owning a single barrel, double barrel semi automatic rifle

All you have to do is get permission from the commissioner of police, do mental test, do eye test and pay less than 20k for lisence

All Vigilantee and OPC guiding my Residential area carry their riffle, Landlords in the area own riffles
Re: Self Defense Without Guns, Doable? by fa4dmike(m): 5:55pm On Sep 24, 2023
If u say you be karate master, you come go fight area boy with stick and cutlass, he must to scatter your head
Re: Self Defense Without Guns, Doable? by Wawelexy(m): 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2023
An angry 6years old boy with a gun is 100 times more powerful than a harmless adult black belter...

Don't try to show stunts in front of someone threatening to kill you with a gun undecided

(1) (Reply)

Types Of Business Strategies For Your Business / Wike Move To Review Abuja Land Swap Initiative And Investigate Sales Of FG House / Dss Arrests Miyetti Allah Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.