Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Mastering The Art Of Debugging Complex Codes - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mastering The Art Of Debugging Complex Codes (190 Views)

POC Of Bypassing Anti Debugging With Some Dirty Code I Wrote / React Native Debugging Methods / Differences Between Testing And Debugging In Programming Of Software Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mastering The Art Of Debugging Complex Codes by lastgenious(m): 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2023
Hello guys, it's beautiful day over here in our coding club.
I just want to share with you a few tips regarding debugging that will make your programming journey easier. because as a programmer, whether you like it or not, fixing bugs is part of your life. So, let me drop a few tips that will reduce the amount of time you spend on locating and fixing a bug.

For the record, below are the few I found helpful to me but the author has more tips you can check them out at https://codefixzy.com/

1. Use Logging
2. Leverage Debugging Tools
3. Reproduce the Issue
4. Test with Simplified Data
5. Check for Typos
6. Rubber Duck Debugging
7. Read Documentation
8. Test Incrementally
9. Version Control

These tips has been of great help to me. Understanding each of them has turned me into a debugging guru.
for a better understanding of each of them, you can visit https://codefixzy.com/?p=231

Re: Mastering The Art Of Debugging Complex Codes by fixzycode: 8:37pm On Sep 24, 2023
Coders in the house, feel free to add some techniques you have been using to make debugging easy for others to also learn.
Re: Mastering The Art Of Debugging Complex Codes by atesunate16(m): 6:34pm On Sep 26, 2023
Cool

Using linter will also help point out some errors

1 Like

Re: Mastering The Art Of Debugging Complex Codes by Omnigospel: 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2023
Logging can help you detect NullpointerExceptions.

Debugging tools can also help to detect NullpointerExceptions and also help you to understand the work flow of your code and where the code is breaking
Re: Mastering The Art Of Debugging Complex Codes by lastgenious(m): 10:45pm On Sep 26, 2023
Omnigospel:
Logging can help you detect NullpointerExceptions.

Debugging tools can also help to detect NullpointerExceptions and also help you to understand the work flow of your code and where the code is breaking

Thank you for this man. we learn everyday

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Use Matlab And Simulink To Solve Process Control Problems? / Akwa Ibom Tech Week 2023 /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.