Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,711 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. (48891 Views)

National Stadium Lagos' Flood Light Pole Collapses After Downpour (Video) / Rehabilitation Works Begin At The National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos / The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by DrMuzungu(m): 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2023
All hail President Tinubu! Oga is working hard for all of us!
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by owbabs: 3:49pm On Sep 25, 2023
If we had covered seats the concrete and plastic would last longer
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by beejay85: 4:01pm On Sep 25, 2023
Praxis758:
Is it possible to add another deca at the top of this stadium without demolishing the present one?
Yes it is possible ...
But it's okay as it is...45000 capacity is modest any where worldwide..
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by SmartPolician: 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2023
Ayomide119:
Kudos to everyone who did their job well..
It's better to commend this project than making things worse

They should cover up the stadium.

Lagos of all places should have a state-of-the-art stadium.

The world has grown beyond this level of sporting infrastructure.

Unless we live in isolation in this country.

1 Like

Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by Svoboda(m): 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2023
Offpoint1:

I'm not talking QUANTITY, i'm talking about QUALITY.

What do you mean by quality?
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by Svoboda(m): 4:35pm On Sep 25, 2023
PinkNature:

Why are they unusable? Don't those countries have football leagues which can be played in those stadiums?

They're big stadiums. Most clubs have their municipal medium sized stadiums already.
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by Life2ways: 5:31pm On Sep 25, 2023
Wow. This is nice
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by BreconHills(m): 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2023
naptu2:

No. It wasn't IBB.

The stadium was being used until the early 2000s. It was abandoned and left to decay after the Abuja National Stadium was built in 2003.

The stadium hosted the world cup in 1999, 6 years after IBB left office.

True. Dates quite twisted.

In fact now i think about it did it not host the final of the ACN between Cameroon and Nigeria in 2002? In an effort to explain to the commentator why that stadium is worthy of being called a national stadium I over reached. undecided

I am so happy to see it being restored and I hope that we will see the SE play there again. I only remember a 2-3 loss to Ghana in the early 70's after the AA games victory. To Algeria ( the Godwin Odiye OG) pre the 1978 world cup and to Cameroon in that dubious loss on penalties. It was a fortress and I would love to see the grand old stadium ( main bowl at least) returned to its former glory.
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by baralatie(m): 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2023
naptu2:
By the way, about stadium roofs, this is the Camp Nou.
😂😂😂😂
Sometimes some people just choose to be unthankful for the one they have!
As for me o
If they don't like it.they can relocate the whole sport complex to my village if possible🤔
We go manage am like that💪💪
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by otipoju(m): 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2023
fredoooooo:
The useless commissioner that took the generator to go and do his mother's burial in the south east is the first to blame... omo ale

Jim Nwobodo. Sports Minister.

Very useless entity.
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by phidipe(m): 6:33pm On Sep 25, 2023
Who are the we, Dindinrin. Do they know in Brazil. Oponun Ayirada
KpukpuyekePikin:
Nonsense!!! See what we have in Rio de Janeiro. Gbola Tilumbu is a mad man.
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by Praxis758: 6:52pm On Sep 25, 2023
baralatie:

It is going to create some funny problems.that you will not like

You mean additional pillars for reinforcement?
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by albert2512: 8:01pm On Sep 25, 2023
KpukpuyekePikin:

Your native state, right? If not, show us your state's own for comparison.
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:04pm On Sep 25, 2023
Very cool kiss
More can be done but we are happy for right now..better than last year
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by TVTM2023: 8:15pm On Sep 25, 2023
They should have just removed the tracks entirely and then it to something like manchester united stadium.
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by Pennnywise(m): 8:49pm On Sep 25, 2023
shocked thumbs up[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by AfonjaConehead: 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2023
Waste of time..is it the coneheaded structured ronu youths who are more interested in agberoes that will go to that stadium?! grin

They will rather run on the express chasing danfos and okada for owomida than run on those tracks grin
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by tachia406: 10:12pm On Sep 25, 2023
Honestly, I don't know how much it cost to roof a stadium that Nigeria governments find it too expensive. Beautiful scenery to be left in the hot sun and torrential Lagos rain
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by judedwriter(m): 10:26pm On Sep 25, 2023
Great work, maintenence is usually the big issue.

The seats are an eyesore though.
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by texas1990(m): 10:32pm On Sep 25, 2023
KpukpuyekePikin:
Hey E-goat how much are you getting paid for all this ur fo0lishness you always displayed here? What a confused ipob tribe.
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by Konquest: 2:58am On Sep 26, 2023
naptu2:
Biodun Owoborode is a special assistant to chief Sunday Dare.

Biodun Owoborode, FNIA. @OwoborodeBiodun

https://twitter.com/OwoborodeBiodun/status/1706006750485196804

Impressive
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by naptu2: 3:56am On Sep 26, 2023
TVTM2023:
They should have just removed the tracks entirely and then it to something like manchester united stadium.

It is not owned by a football club.
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by achimendy(m): 8:39am On Sep 26, 2023
naptu2:
Biodun Owoborode is a special assistant to chief Sunday Dare.

Biodun Owoborode, FNIA. @OwoborodeBiodun

https://twitter.com/OwoborodeBiodun/status/1706006750485196804

Nice work. But the seats look old and dirty , it needs to be changed.
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by naptu2: 5:40am On Sep 27, 2023
Right, let's go back in time.

General Yakubu Gowon Opens the First Nigeria-Ghana Sports Festival at the National Stadium, Lagos in August 1974.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWf3yy24N7c?si=wsodUP8rHN7Jb2bt
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by aremubabs: 6:56am On Sep 27, 2023
Rossikk:

That’s NOT your national stadium.

YOUR national stadium is in Abuja.

Forum of ignoramuses.

Loud mouths with empty heads.

Nigeria has three nationals stadiums.

Lagos, Abuja, Uyo.
Re: Latest Pictures Of The National Stadium, Lagos. by aremubabs: 6:57am On Sep 27, 2023
TVTM2023:

It is a multipurpose stadium.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Tunisia (1 - 1) On 22nd January 2016 / Between Alex Iwobi And A Semi Unclad Fan In The Field (photos) / Lionel Messi Has Chosen PSG As His Next Club - Bleacher Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.