Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,092 members, 7,821,776 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC (3811 Views)

Aisha Yesufu And David Hundeyin Fight Dirty Over Peter Obi / What Ndigbo and ANAMBRA Must Do To End The Killing. / Opinion: Ndigbo And Hypocrasy, The Case Of Dr Ngozi Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by pandax: 9:51pm On Sep 25, 2023
Christistruth00:

If you don't know History ask

The British fought Balogun Inakoju Alanamu in 1900 to take Over Ilorin

The Emir had already been deposed by him

Balogun Alanamu was the Yoruba Ruler of ilorin

The rest is Tribal Politics

There are some Historians who even claim the real reason the British reinstated the Emir in Ilorin was because he was the one that gave Lord Lugard the information that was used to Track down and kill the fleeing Sultan of Sokoto Caliphate Attahiru and his Jihadist Army at Gombe
So the British reinstated hin as Emir of Ilorin as a reward

Many Fulani even see the Emir of Ilorin as a Traitor who sold out the Sultan of Sokoto Attahiru and his Sokoto Caliphate to the British

The Yorubas also deposed the Emir of Ilorin in 1934 he fled to Kaduna and was again reinstated by the British after 2 years

The British are far gone now. Please depose the Emir of Ilorin again
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by Wutinky: 10:00pm On Sep 25, 2023
Hotfreezing:

Brain may be tiny but I'm not tiny down there.
Ask your mother, she can explain better.

How can I ask your mother? why should I waste my precious time on a useless woman? the she goat you called mother can never be satisfied by thousand men? Right now your mother is under MAGUN JUJU on her waist right now ....... after few days, I hope you know where she might end up?... the people who sleep with married women with JUJU MAGUN in their waist ...... always die crying like chicken, pig, dog, cow, cat and etc ... it's very difficult to trust the women from that region.... your people are promiscuous in nature both men and women with small stick in between their leg .... Spit grin grin
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by Bendeco2020: 10:04pm On Sep 25, 2023
NotMagicBishop:

Shut it again.

Do Arewa hold their annual Durbar in your yeast ?

Do Yorubas celebrate Oro festival in Owerri ?

Why can't you people stay your lane ?

Besides, your interpretation of one Nigeria is from the Zikist view which none of us subscribe to.

We are a federation of several nationalities.

Respect your boundaries .

One Nijeriya does not give you the right to stroll into another man's land and begin to rewrite and dictate their history while claiming their lands as yours.

Face your lane!

It is this foolishness that led you to slaughter in the last civil war.

They don't want you . They have said they are their own people. Why is it that it is only you Ibos that are not respecting their independence ? Tomorrow , a big fool like you will be crying that Nigeria is caging you while you refuse to respect the independence of others.

Bloody hypocrites.

This one just wrote long epistle full of rubbish.

Yoruba have traditional organization and also celebrate their festival in anambra. Stop preaching and spreading hate.

You guys from west preach one Nigeria most but are full of hate and deceit. Why are you guys so insecure about Igbos?

Check out below link and stop spreading false informations.

Yoruba community in Awka coronates new Oba, gets Soludo’s assurance℅

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/yoruba-community-in-awka-coronates-new-oba-gets-soludos-assurance/amp

Igbos don't have to feel insecure for any tribe's traditional celebration in the east.

You are afraid of Igbos because you have weak spirit.
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by achymmania: 10:06pm On Sep 25, 2023
Maybe we should also call him Yoruba because he bears Rotimi.
kingsways:
A few Ikwerres are just misguided...I appeal to Igbos to forgive the misguided ones

No one can say that someone whose name is Chibuike and whose father's name Amaechi is not Igbo, except the person is mad

In fact anyone that goes about saying that Ikwerres are not Igbos should be taken to the nearest psychiatric hospital for help
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by NotMagicBishop: 10:12pm On Sep 25, 2023
Bendeco2020:

This one just wrote long epistle full of rubbish.

Yoruba have traditional organization and also celebrate their festival in anambra. Stop preaching and spreading hate.

Yoruba community in Awka coronates new Oba, gets Soludo’s assurance℅

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guardian.ng/news/yoruba-community-in-awka-coronates-new-oba-gets-soludos-assurance/amp

Fool, this is not merely an Ibo day celebration by Ibo residents in PH.

This is Ohaneze deciding to hold Ibo day celebration using Rivers as a venue.

Ohaneze is planning on converging all Ibos in PH to celebrate Ibo day.

Why do you people not respect your boundaries ?

At least gidgiddy tried to spin it as usual that it was merely Ibo residents in PH wanting to celebrate Ibo day when this is not the case. Ohaneze Ndigbo worldwide intends to converge on PH to celebrate Ibo day .

What happened to Enugu , Nnsuka or Awka?

Bloody land thieves.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by Bendeco2020: 10:15pm On Sep 25, 2023
NotMagicBishop:

At least gidgiddy tried to spin it as usual that it was merely Ibo residents in PH wanting to celebrate Ibo day when this is not the case. Ohaneze Ndigbo worldwide intends to converge on PH to celebrate Ibo day .

Bloody land thieves.
Keep crying

Igbos don't have time for low life like you.

Yoruba always colonate Oba and hold their festival in Awka, Anambra state but you don't see Igbos crying foul.

But common to vote in your region, you cowards will start raising alarm.

Always tribalising everything yet claims to be accomodating.
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by MyopicMods: 10:18pm On Sep 25, 2023
Melezenawii:

Meles Zenawi was the Prime Minister of Ethiopia from 1995 until his passing in 2012. He was a significant political figure known for his leadership and policies that shaped modern Ethiopia. Is there something specific you'd like to know or discuss about Meles Zenawi?

I don't mean the real person.

Someone once had a moniker Meleszenawi. Very visible on this forum back then.
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by NotMagicBishop: 10:20pm On Sep 25, 2023
Bendeco2020:

Keep crying

Igbos don't have time for low life like you.

Yoruba always colonate Oba and hold their festival in Awka, Anambra state but you don't see Igbos crying foul.

But common to vote in your region, you cowards will start raising alarm.

Fool, keep deflecting to Yoruba .

Is it Yorubas that reading the riot act on you to steer very clear from Rivers?

Is it not the same PH you cry so much about abandoned properties ?

You fools will never stop until the most drastic actions are taken on you.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by Bendeco2020: 10:25pm On Sep 25, 2023
NotMagicBishop:

Fool, keep deflecting to Yoruba .

Is it Yorubas that reading the riot act on you to steer very clear from Rivers?

Is it not the same PH you cry so much about abandoned properties ?

You fools will never stop until the most drastic actions are taken on you.

The poster is Yoruba, the commenters spreading hate and false information are also Yoruba.

Show me upto five comments here that was made by Rivers indigene.

Yoruba tribe's men are chameleon. They're good in spreading propaganda.

They are now showing fake support for Ikwerre because of Igbo hate. But during election they will call all South South people residing in Lagos OMO IBO. They even see calabar/Akwa Ibom as OMO IBO talkless of Ikwerre that bears Igbos names.

If some few ignorant Ikwerre people like they should keep listening to unstable people.
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by gidgiddy: 10:42pm On Sep 25, 2023
NotMagicBishop:

Bloody land thieves.

Chapter 4 of the Nigerian constitution gives every Nigerian the right to go to any part of Nigeria, for whatever reason, unhindered. It gives every Nigerian freedom of association and movement

Now if someone tells me that I cannot go to PH, Sokoto, Lagos, Borno or any part of Nigeria to celebrate whatever I wish to celebrate, not only is that person violating the constitution and my constitutional rights, that person is invariably saying there is no Nigeria.

This is why Igbos like me have always said that it is time for us all to admit there is no Nigeria and all go our seperate ways. All of this is happening because we are in one country where people have been lied to for many years that it is "one Nigeria" while in reality, no such thing exists

If someone does not want Igbos to exercise their constitutional right to freely go to any part of Nigeria,whether to settle, visit or celebrate whatever they want to celebrate, that person should support Igbos getting their independence and going their way

But if you dont want Igbos to their way, and you want to deny them their constitutional right of freedom of movement and association within the Nigerian territory, that person should urgently visit a psychiatrist because something is not right upstairs
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by Bendeco2020: 10:55pm On Sep 25, 2023
gidgiddy:

Chapter 4 of the Nigerian constitution gives every Nigerian the right to go to any part of Nigeria, for whatever reason, unhindered. It gives every Nigerian freedom of association and movement

Now if someone tells me that I cannot go to PH, Sokoto, Lagos, Borno or any part of Nigeria to celebrate whatever I wish to celebrate, not only is that person violating the constitution and my constitutional rights, that person is invariably saying there is no Nigeria.

This is why Igbos like me have always said that it is time for us all to admit there is no Nigeria and all go our seperate ways. All of this is happening because we are in one country where people have been lied to for many years that it is "one Nigeria" while in reality, no such thing exists

If someone does not want Igbos to exercise their constitutional right to freely go to any part of Nigeria,whether to settle, visit or celebrate whatever they want to celebrate, that person should support Igbos getting their independence and going their way

But if you dont want Igbos to their way, and you want to deny them their constitutional right of freedom of movement and association within the Nigerian territory, that person should urgently visit a psychiatrist because something is not right upstairs

Is like you're yet to understand these people?

Fake one Nigeria chanters

Most tribalistic people in Nigeria
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by Christistruth00: 11:05pm On Sep 25, 2023
gidgiddy:

Bendeco2020:

Is like you're yet to understand these people?

Fake one Nigeria chanters

Most tribalistic people in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by Bendeco2020: 11:12pm On Sep 25, 2023
[quote author=Christistruth00 post=126021109][/quote]
Your username is opposite of what you represent.

You supposed to be using HATE as ur moniker
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by Bendeco2020: 11:13pm On Sep 25, 2023
Christistruth00:

Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by Christistruth00: 11:16pm On Sep 25, 2023
onuman:

Go and reclaim Ilorin.
Portharcourt is Igbo land.

Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by Christistruth00: 11:21pm On Sep 25, 2023
Bendeco2020:

Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by Godofwar247(m): 11:31pm On Sep 25, 2023
Bendeco2020:
I don't blame them I blame Igbos that are forming liberal for those people.

If am the president or chairman of Ohaneze Ndigbo, I will go ahead and fix the Igbo day celebration let them do their worse. The fight they are looking for, they will get it.

Being gentle don't pay in Nigeria, Igbos should learn when to fight back brutally to those that hates them so that next time they will know that Igbos are not their match and choose their fight wisely.

They're are lucky that they have boundry with calm Imo state, assume they have boundry with Anambra, anytime they want fight they will receive it.

Be CALMING down... Thank God you are not the chairman... You don't fight fire with fire...
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by aswani(m): 11:33pm On Sep 25, 2023
kingsways:

No one can say that someone whose name is Chibuike and whose father's name Amaechi is not Igbo, except the person is mad

I admit I am not an expert on the names of Port Harcourt indigines.

However, if you go to Edo state, which I don't believe has any Indigenous Yorùbá's, a lot of people bear Yoruba names.

So your assertion might not necessarily be true.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by Igboid: 11:45pm On Sep 25, 2023
aswani:

I admit I am not an expert on the names of Port Harcourt indigines.

However, if you go to Edo state, which I don't believe has any Indigenous Yorùbá's, a lot of people bear Yoruba names.

So your assertion might not necessarily be true.

You are not an expert, yet you went ahead to give your ignorant opinion.
Edo don't speak Yoruba language.
Ikwerre speak a dialect of Igbo language, have same gods as Igbos, same market days, same Amadioha.
It's not same situation between Edo and Yoruba.
A better comparison will be Yoruba and Okun in Kogi State.

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by PaellaPaella: 11:46pm On Sep 25, 2023
We love Yorubas so much and we will always love them with all our heart grin
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by PaellaPaella: 11:48pm On Sep 25, 2023
Igboid:

Ikwerre speak a dialect of Igbo language, have same gods as Igbos, same market days, same Amadioha.

Reasoning with these fuuls is a waste of time, you think they don't know what they are doing? stop making sense with them .... does not worth it
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by Wutinky: 11:54pm On Sep 25, 2023
Igboid:

Edo people have nothing in common with Yorubas, In fact they are more Igbos than Yorubas in every aspect apart from sometimes names and religion.
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by aswani(m): 12:01am On Sep 26, 2023
Igboid:

The poster I responded to based their opinion solely on names.

Maybe next time you should read what someone responds to before having an ignorant opinion on what you yourself are responding to.
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by Wutinky: 12:05am On Sep 26, 2023
aswani:

The poster I responded to based their opinion solely on names.

Maybe next time you should read what someone responds to before having an ignorant opinion on what you yourself are responding to.

Dude accept you run out of idea, your excuse make no sense ... shame
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by Tranquill: 12:38am On Sep 26, 2023
Igboid:

Ikwerre don’t speak dialect of Igbo language but Ikwerre language. Maybe Igbos speak a dialect of Ikwerre language I don’t know.

Ikwerre doesn’t have the same gods as Igbo. Amadioha is in Etche and not Ikwerre. There is more that defines one’s ethnicity beyond the bull.s you have stated but importantly, YOU CAN NOT FORCE IT!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by Successdude(m): 12:42am On Sep 26, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
The likes of onuman will com and blame Yoruba for this now

U cannot not see the political hand in this ......

I pity black Nigerians
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by Kalvan: 1:17am On Sep 26, 2023
Tranquill:

Ikwerre don’t speak dialect of Igbo language but Ikwerre language. Maybe Igbos speak a dialect of Ikwerre language I don’t know.

Ikwerre doesn’t have the same gods as Igbo. Amadioha is in Etche and not Ikwerre. There is more that defines one’s ethnicity beyond the bull.s you have stated but importantly, YOU CAN NOT FORCE IT!

Exactly! These people trying to foist themselves on Ikwerres annoy me so much

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by NotMagicBishop: 1:19am On Sep 26, 2023
gidgiddy:

Where does the constitution give you the right to drag ownership over another man's land?

You are spewing trash as usual.

Same constitution that gives you right to roam freely does not give you right to drag patrimony over another man's land.

If Miyetti Allah decides to host their annual conference in Enugu with the background that all of Nigeria belongs to them by right of conquest as claimed by Uthman don Fodio will you sit down idiot and accept it?
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by Kalvan: 1:23am On Sep 26, 2023
Bendeco2020:
I don't blame them I blame Igbos that are forming liberal for those people.

If am the president or chairman of Ohaneze Ndigbo, I will go ahead and fix the Igbo day celebration let them do their worse. The fight they are looking for, they will get it.

Being gentle don't pay in Nigeria, Igbos should learn when to fight back brutally to those that hates them so that next time they will know that Igbos are not their match and choose their fight wisely.

They're are lucky that they have boundry with calm Imo state, assume they have boundry with Anambra, anytime they want fight they will receive it.

Looks like Ibos didn’t learn enough in 67-70. Don’t worry, you’ll learn this time
Re: Ndigbo And Ikwerre Fight Dirty Over Celebration Of Igbo Day In PHC by NotMagicBishop: 1:23am On Sep 26, 2023
Bendeco2020:

The poster is Yoruba, the commenters spreading hate and false information are also Yoruba.

Show me upto five comments here that was made by Rivers indigene.

Yoruba tribe's men are chameleon. They're good in spreading propaganda.

They are now showing fake support for Ikwerre because of Igbo hate. But during election they will call all South South people residing in Lagos OMO IBO. They even see calabar/Akwa Ibom as OMO IBO talkless of Ikwerre that bears Igbos names.

If some few ignorant Ikwerre people like they should keep listening to unstable people.

And the topic is about Ikwere openly rejecting your expansionism into their land.

Thief.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cecilia Ibru Regains Freedom. Relocates To London. / 100 Year Old Political Cartoon on Capitalism / Boko-haram Gives Reasons For Killing Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.