Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,504 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Banditry: Online Publisher Decries Incessant Abduction Of Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Banditry: Online Publisher Decries Incessant Abduction Of Students (132 Views)

Kagara Students' Abduction: FG Delegation, IGP Adamu, Others In Niger State / Abduction Of Katsina Students: Katsina Orders Indefinite Closure Of Schools / Different Types Of Students You Will Meet In An Exam Hall - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Banditry: Online Publisher Decries Incessant Abduction Of Students by lawalsodiq915: 3:16pm On Sep 26, 2023
Banditry: Online Publisher Decries Incessant Abduction Of Students

The publisher of The Nation Reporters (www.thenationreporters.com), Mr. Sodiq Lawal popularly known as Dtruth has described as “horrific” news reports about the incessant abduction of students and the disruption of academic activities by bandits in parts of Nigeria.

Sodiq Lawal stated this in a statement personally signed by him on Monday afternoon while reacting to the news report on the latest abduction of a student of Isa Mustapha Agwai Polytechnic in Lafia, Nasarawa State.

According to the statement, “My attention has been drawn to the incessant abduction of students in the Northern part of Nigeria. While the security agencies in the country are still trying to rescue students of Federal University Gusau in Zamfara state who were abducted and taken hosted by bandits on Friday, another sad event occurred when the same bandits abducted a student of Is Mustapha Agwai Polytechnic in Lafia, Nassarawa state.

“This is indeed a sad occurrence for the four. I vehemently condemn the recent surge in student abductions plaguing our beloved nation. The relentless attacks on our educational institutions and the abduction of innocent students are not just a threat to their lives but also to the future of our nation.

“Over the past months, we have witnessed a distressing increase in incidents where armed groups have targeted schools, taking students hostage, and instilling fear within our communities. These heinous acts not only undermine the fundamental right to education but also jeopardize the prospects of our nation's future leaders.

“I firmly believe that education is the cornerstone of progress and development. Every child deserves a safe and nurturing environment to learn, grow, and thrive. I call upon the authorities, both at the national and local levels, to take immediate and decisive action to end this cycle of violence and ensure the safety of our students.

“In solidarity with the affected families and communities, I pledge unwavering support to efforts aimed at bringing an end to these abductions. I urge the government to prioritize the security of schools and implement comprehensive measures to protect our educational institutions.

“It is time for all stakeholders, including civil society organizations, community leaders, and concerned citizens, to come together and work towards a lasting solution. We must unite to safeguard our children's right to education and secure a brighter future for our Country.

“I call on the international community to join us in condemning these abductions and supporting initiatives to ensure that every child can pursue their education without fear.”

(1) (Reply)

Astrazeneca, Advocates Strong Healthcare System To Fight Hypertension In Africa / Essaywriter.pro Review Good Essay Writing Service For Students / Study Of MBBS In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.