Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo (30446 Views)

Ugandan Man Claims Pete Edochie Is His Biological Father (Video) / Sugabelly Says That Pete Edochie Is A Bad Actor. Nigerians Blast Her / Kingsley Abasili: "Pete Edochie Is My Favorite Actor" - Lookalike Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by dododawa1: 9:50am On Sep 27, 2023
Herbert ogunde
NOTED
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by davibid: 10:00am On Sep 27, 2023
ceeceeco:
Please always learn how to read and understand before you reply. When it comes to biological age, Pete is older than him, when it comes to acting drama(Things fall apart) which is not a home video, Pete is older than him, but when it comes to Nollywood business(Living in bondage) which is a home video, Kanayo is older than Pete, so I get his point.

I understood his point as well but regardless, somethings are better left unsaid no to create any form of bad blood. Pete is highly revered in Nigeria and beyond, so any move to belittle him will be perceived wrongly.

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by fredoooooo: 10:03am On Sep 27, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Sentimental Yorubas like You Should Stop this SILLY lies.😕😒

Nollywood started with LIVING IN BONDAGE by Kenneth Nnebue in 1992.🙂

It was the MOVIE that Kickstarted Proper Film Making in Nigeria!🙂

All Yoruba Actors like Olu Jacobs, Bukky Ajayi, Omotola Jalade, etc of that Early and Mid 1990's Era knows this FACT.🙂
Life exist long beofre you influx Lagos with your polybags and Night buses from ya villages.
Buncha l**unatics distorting history to their favor..

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by Bimpe29: 10:07am On Sep 27, 2023
Why taking Panadol for another person's headache?
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by fineberry(m): 10:15am On Sep 27, 2023
Home video cannot be compared to cinema/stage film o. KOK na agba in the industry,. If you watch LOST KINGDOM,. and other film like that you will know that his assertion are born out of real fact.

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by fineberry(m): 10:18am On Sep 27, 2023
Good day sir. You're an elder. I greet you sir.
Karemarealty288:

It's true...KOK and Nkem Owo have been in the entertainment industry since the 80s in the then Nta Channel8 and ABS. Pete Edochie came into act via Things Fall Apart...become then, he was OAP with Anambra Broadcasting Service ABS built by Senator Jim Nwobodo. He handle a Rock and Roll segment on Satuday and Music of the masters classic on Sundays. I was to see KOK and Nkem Owo back them was my mom was handling Tortoise Club...that before Enugu State was created oooooo. KOK also acted in Things Fall Apart, the Igbo version that first came out before the English version.
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by sageb: 10:44am On Sep 27, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
KO keep quiet!

When Pete Edochie acted in things fall apart in the 80s, where were you? Or you think he started in Nollywood with you guys? Ta! Pete senior you.

Modified
Wether Nollywood or home video, Pete senior him in acting. He should never compare himself with Pete on any level. I know what I'm saying for all of you trying to correct or help me comprehend his statement.

Pete remains the legend here.

You nailed it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by slam7000(m): 10:54am On Sep 27, 2023
Karemarealty288:

It's true...KOK and Nkem Owo have been in the entertainment industry since the 80s in the then Nta Channel8 and ABS. Pete Edochie came into act via Things Fall Apart...become then, he was OAP with Anambra Broadcasting Service ABS built by Senator Jim Nwobodo. He handle a Rock and Roll segment on Satuday and Music of the masters classic on Sundays. I was to see KOK and Nkem Owo back them was my mom was handling Tortoise Club...that before Enugu State was created oooooo. KOK also acted in Things Fall Apart, the Igbo version that first came out before the English version.

Your mum handled and presented ‘Tortoise Club’??

Nkem Oseloka Orakwue??
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by Emyogalanya: 10:54am On Sep 27, 2023
otipoju:
Na wetin dey tire me for Nigeria matter be thus. We concentrate on unimportant things and leave important things unaddressed.
over to you. Pls can you address one important thing let's begin from there
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by dbestuncle: 11:11am On Sep 27, 2023
Who was that Amaz...... The cat! The one that Pete fought with in the movie.

Jewessgratitud3:
KO keep quiet!

When Pete Edochie acted in things fall apart in the 80s, where were you? Or you think he started in Nollywood with you guys? Ta! Pete senior you.

Modified
Wether Nollywood or home video, Pete senior him in acting. He should never compare himself with Pete on any level. I know what I'm saying for all of you trying to correct or help me comprehend his statement.

Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by Jewessgratitud3: 11:18am On Sep 27, 2023
dbestuncle:
Who was that Amaz...... The cat! The one that Pete fought with in the movie.

The thing wey I take small pikin eyes watch na him you dey ask😂😂 me? I sha know say he fought with the spirits.

I tried watching the full episodes that NTA aired those days recently but all I got were short clips here and there and never got the scary scenes where he was tormented by the spirits after killing Ikemefunas plus other thrilling scenes.
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by patorial(m): 11:36am On Sep 27, 2023
erico2k2:

Nollywood started with home video ie video cassette. Cinema is going to the cinema to watch a movie in the old days, those movies where not available on VHS to private homes then. We could only watch things fall apart on NTA back the however living in bondage was amongst the 1st movies you could buy or rent on VHS, hope this helps.

Thank you very much
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by Harmless1b(m): 11:50am On Sep 27, 2023
Kok trying to tell me that Pete just arrived and was giving a big role to play in things fall apart... U go explain tire. This things is a process.
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by Badb0y4lyf(m): 12:05pm On Sep 27, 2023
AImiron:

SOURCE

I’m

Sorry to deviate but who started nollywood first is it the Yoruba movie industry or the English/ Igbo industry please just facts no tribalism
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by Thomasankara(m): 12:13pm On Sep 27, 2023
[/color]so Mount Zion films made before 1992 were not professionally made, GBAJUE and AJUMOBI films that we grew up watching on VHS were not professionally made too? If he said when he got exposed to making films were in those years,then it's acceptable[color=#770077]
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by zedegit: 12:25pm On Sep 27, 2023
SAMBARRY:
it's kanayo who started the comparison when there's no basis or need for it

Pete Edochie made a statement which he needed to correct.

What if they are no more? Don't you want to know the truth?
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by Christistruth00: 12:31pm On Sep 27, 2023
slam7000:

Kanayo O Kanayo was actually in Things Fall Apart.
He was one of the villagers in the crowd clapping and cheering during one of the wrestling matches.

Peter Edochie was the Star Actor
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by yomi531(m): 12:38pm On Sep 27, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Is it in this movie Kate Henshaw was a Housemaid and Suffered TERRIBLY?🤔😕

I remember a Movie in 1994, 1995.

She SUFFER no be Small. embarassed

It's like Franca Brown was her Madam.🤨
U might be right though. Her parents died early or something. She later met Bob Manuel who helped her . The film don tey shaa. Can't really remember again

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by AImiron: 12:46pm On Sep 27, 2023
Badb0y4lyf:

Sorry to deviate but who started nollywood first is it the Yoruba movie industry or the English/ Igbo industry please just facts no tribalism
Yoruba ofcourse
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by engrchykae(m): 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2023
Zupay:
I recently watched K.O.K acting in the early 90s Checkmate, alongside Ego Boyo, RMD and the rest....man has come a long way.
even Bob Manuel udokwu
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by Honestfrend: 12:48pm On Sep 27, 2023
3seriez:
No need for all this KOK. We get your point. Both of you are Goated in the industry. No need for Ego to enter matter.

If he hadn't say it... You don't know that..
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by yomi531(m): 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2023
Karemarealty288:

Nkem Owoh na tey tey man too. He was in Ahanna( Rattle Snake part 1). He acted as young Ahannas wicked uncle. It might surprise u to know that it was Francis Duru that acted as the young Ahanna. Nkem Owoh was also in Pam Pam alongside Okey Bakassi. Good old days mehn... Our house back then na Cinema on em own for naija movies cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by uzomalahot: 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2023
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by HitRun(m): 2:31pm On Sep 27, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
KO keep quiet!

Modified

That is how people fail exams. You manufactured information and made your comment based on the information you created. KOK made a very direct factual statement that is true. Deal with it. If a renowned Hollywood actor comes and act in Nollywood today, he/she will be junior to every Nollywood actor. Has notin to do with pedigree.
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by Truthshotcrazy: 2:34pm On Sep 27, 2023
slam7000:

Kanayo O Kanayo was actually in Things Fall Apart.
He was one of the villagers in the crowd clapping and cheering during one of the wrestling matches.

[ b] Didnt even know Dude had a minor role in things fall apart.--Cinema/Nollywood business. [/b] Biko Na okonkwo most people remember.
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by Regie2bless: 3:02pm On Sep 27, 2023
AImiron:

SOURCE

as u come talk am, hw much enter ur account like dat. U see y younger ones will never respect KOK. Pete is never ur mate, he has been in the entertainment before u.
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by 3seriez(m): 3:15pm On Sep 27, 2023
Honestfrend:

If he hadn't say it... You don't know that..

And now that I know , 1 million naira has been deposited in my account.
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by zedegit: 3:39pm On Sep 27, 2023
SAMBARRY:
ogbeni it's not necessary, period!

Not necessary to you but allow others to decide.
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by Probz(m): 6:48pm On Sep 27, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
KO keep quiet!

Modified

Exactly. I like Kanayo but he gets in well over his head sometimes. Like some of the characters he plays.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by Sleekfingers: 7:44pm On Sep 27, 2023
SAMBARRY:
Kanayo is beginning to sound envious of Pete

Pete wey start in the 80s Na who you dey do comparison with?

But Kanayo made a valid point. Or you just don't understand what he wrote.
Re: Pete Edochie Is My Junior In Nollywood – Veteran Actor, Kanayo O Kanayo by Semaj77(m): 9:49pm On Sep 27, 2023
otipoju:
Na wetin dey tire me for Nigeria matter be this. We concentrate on unimportant things and leave important things unaddressed.

Wkat are these important things

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Matthew Rodriguez: Uche Jombo Shares Photos Of Her Son / Uche Nwaezeapu And Lauren Agokei White Wedding Photos / Nosa Rex And His Wife Welcome Their 3rd Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.