Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,920 members, 7,821,222 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Nigerian Hereos Of The War In Burma . Touching Documentary. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Hereos Of The War In Burma . Touching Documentary. (7066 Views)

Fani-kayode Writes Open Letter To Buhari On The War Against Boko Haram / The Forgotten Army Of WWII: West Africa’s Soldiers In Burma / Rohingya Muslims Of Burma Helped By Turkish Government An Example Of Muslims Liv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Hereos Of The War In Burma . Touching Documentary. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2011
so does that mean "they (THE BRITISH) Used our grand and great grandfathers as mercenaries?? what difference does it make if compared to what Gaddafi is currently doing, they speak from both Sides of their Mouth for real, !!!!

I'VE GOT NO RESPECT FOR THEM, !!!
Re: Nigerian Hereos Of The War In Burma . Touching Documentary. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2011
My own heroes of mankind includes Muyama and his family. The urhobo man that saved my maternal uncle, Jesus Christ who also confronted evil. Abraham Lincoln, Ghandi, Mandela, Col. Fajuyi who died defending his visitor. Martin Luther King, Steve Jobs to mention but a few. Who are your heroes of mankind?
Re: Nigerian Hereos Of The War In Burma . Touching Documentary. by emmatok(m): 10:57pm On Oct 20, 2011
Please were is the Memorial in Lagos.
Re: Nigerian Hereos Of The War In Burma . Touching Documentary. by kq(m): 10:59pm On Oct 20, 2011
@omonuan that was an interesting story  and am glad you shared it with us. I keep telling warmongers if war breaks out tommorrow, to think of every atrocity committed in war it will happen it doesnt matter whether you are Igbo hausa or Yoruba like it was said in the documentary "…white or black, we are all capable of acts of intelligence, cowardice, courage and stupidity." You can imagine people who were neighbors in your story turning on each other. No one is safe in war, if you are Ibo and you think Hausa and Yorubas are your enemies think again, same goes for Hausa and Yorubas. It is during war that your neighbor who might probably be from your tribe will remember that he had an agelong vendetta against you. This has happened in every war in history remember who gave away Anne Franks family secret hideout? War turns even the ordinary man into monsters.

The most moving part to this story for me was when the journalist met Shuyimans family and he gave them Isaacs photo. I cried with them. but then i asked myself why were they crying? Probably because they felt they were not forgotten, someone somewhere still remembered the good their parents did and that was some hope for them. Or maybe they felt the stories they heard from their parents come to life in their lifetime. I cried when i saw how they reacted when they got Isaacs' photo. They truly felt something, the bond that binds all humans together whether black white yellow green or blue we all share a common heritage being members of the same human race and our hopes successes and sufferings are often intertwined whether we know it or not.
Re: Nigerian Hereos Of The War In Burma . Touching Documentary. by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 20, 2011
Thanks Kg. We can all get along and make this world a better place. It does not matter your tribe, race or creed, we all bleed in the same color-red. When you inflict mortal wound on your fellow human being, you'll feel the pain some how. The symphony of war is a cacophony of destruction. Simply an ill wind that blows both the victor and the vanquished no good!
Re: Nigerian Hereos Of The War In Burma . Touching Documentary. by delpee(f): 12:02am On Oct 21, 2011
WHAAAT!!! This happens to be a friends dad and never knew this about him. Always known him to be a strong willed man anyway so i am not surprised that he survived albeit with gods assistance. May God grant him many more years living in good health and may the souls of the departed rest in peace.
Re: Nigerian Hereos Of The War In Burma . Touching Documentary. by ebere1712: 3:48am On Oct 21, 2011
Why did those foolish Nigerian men fight for the smelly English men. They have got no respect for themselves; that is why they never even got a simple thank you. You have to value yourself first before another values you. Look at it this way; a criminal comes to your house and murders your sons, rapes your wives, and steals your stuff. You have been defeated, but he doesn't go away. He stays put and make you pay him a percentage of your income as tax. You are perpetually reminded that you have been defeated. Then suddenly they are faced with a war threatening to destroy them, and they ask for your help. Instead of you to use that avenue to liberate yourself, you go and fight and die for them. Aren't you stupid. You should at least have bargained your freedom in the process. So people those boys are cowards and not heroes. They fought for their own oppressors. The real heroes fought to their death to protect their civilization. They are groups like the aro warriors of igboland, the mau mau of Kenya and many other factions. If this groups ever had the chance to come together they would have finished the silly criminal invaders. Don't wanna annoy anyone but I just gotta say this.
Re: Nigerian Hereos Of The War In Burma . Touching Documentary. by omobadan(m): 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2011
ebere1712:

Why did those foolish Nigerian men fight for the smelly English men. They have got no respect for themselves; that is why they never even got a simple thank you. You have to value yourself first before another values you. Look at it this way; a criminal comes to your house and murders your sons, Desecrates your wives, and steals your stuff. You have been defeated, but he doesn't go away. He stays put and make you pay him a percentage of your income as tax. You are perpetually reminded that you have been defeated. Then suddenly they are faced with a war threatening to destroy them, and they ask for your help. Instead of you to use that avenue to liberate yourself, you go and fight and die for them. Aren't you silly. You should at least have bargained your freedom in the process. So people those boys are cowards and not heroes. They fought for their own oppressors. The real heroes fought to their death to protect their civilization. They are groups like the aro warriors of igboland, the mau mau of Kenya and many other factions. If this groups ever had the chance to come together they would have finished the silly criminal invaders. Don't wanna annoy anyone but I just gotta say this.

Ebere1712, I don't think you understand the mentality of that time. You think it was easier for them to just turn against the British? What happened to those that fought against them? Almost got wiped out! And besides, who said those people hadn't fought against the British before? It's 1944! The British have been in Nigeria since the end of the 19th centrury! That's like 60-70 years before the outbreak of WWII. You can't call them cowards. Ebere, I bet you have an English or 'Christian' name. Have you tried to change it? I think it's easier for people to condemn those great men because it seem illogical for someone under colonial rule, waking up and fighting for the same colonial oppressors. But we must not be so quick to judge them. They did what they had to do under an enormously strange circumstance.
Re: Nigerian Hereos Of The War In Burma . Touching Documentary. by Gbenge77(m): 5:16pm On Oct 21, 2011
Really touching.
Re: Nigerian Hereos Of The War In Burma . Touching Documentary. by rabzy: 8:18am On Jan 06, 2012
ebere1712:

Why did those foolish Nigerian men fight for the smelly English men. They have got no respect for themselves; that is why they never even got a simple thank you. You have to value yourself first before another values you. Look at it this way; a criminal comes to your house and murders your sons, Desecrates your wives, and steals your stuff. You have been defeated, but he doesn't go away. He stays put and make you pay him a percentage of your income as tax. You are perpetually reminded that you have been defeated. Then suddenly they are faced with a war threatening to destroy them, and they ask for your help. Instead of you to use that avenue to liberate yourself, you go and fight and die for them. Aren't you silly. You should at least have bargained your freedom in the process. So people those boys are cowards and not heroes. They fought for their own oppressors. The real heroes fought to their death to protect their civilization. They are groups like the aro warriors of igboland, the mau mau of Kenya and many other factions. If this groups ever had the chance to come together they would have finished the silly criminal invaders. Don't wanna annoy anyone but I just gotta say this.

You are very annoying and you need to cut of the raving foolishness in you that made you write the above nonsense.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Power-Injection Stations Commissioned In Ibadan / What Does Lalasticlala Mean? / Government Doesnt Want Igbo Traders In Lagos - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.