Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide (14361 Views)

Tinubu Approves New Management Team For Customs / Tinubu Appointed Betrayers As His Ministers, So "Help Him God" - Shehu Sani / Real Reasons Tinubu Appointed New Service Chiefs, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:54am On Sep 28, 2023
They should begin work immediately.....our economy need serious revamp to save the nation from an economic disaster!
Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by AfonjaScud: 6:24am On Sep 28, 2023
ArcFresky:
This is why education is very important.

It was clear Nigeria was borrowing to pay subsidy.
Nigeria borrowed within and without.. Nigeria was borrowing from CBN.

The Twin duo, Buhari and Emefiele were terrible things that happened to Nigeria.

TUC were asking for the Billions saved on subsidy, friends, Nigeria was borrowing to pay subsidy. Nigeria borrowed such that, it had to borrow to pay its debtors.

Its not sustainable, and removing susbsidy didn’t free up more money, it only made sure we were able to pay debts without borrowing.

If you ask me, thats a good step.

The next step is reduce the cost of governance, impose heavy duty on imports and send corrupt people to the gallows.

Reasonable analysis. Very objective

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by michlins(m): 6:33am On Sep 28, 2023
ArcFresky:

The Twin duo, Buhari and Emefiele were terrible things that happened to Nigeria.

TUC were asking for the Billions saved on subsidy, friends, Nigeria was borrowing to pay subsidy. Nigeria borrowed such that, it had to borrow to pay its debtors.

Its not sustainable, and removing susbsidy didn’t free up more money, it only made sure we were able to pay debts without borrowing.

The next step is reduce the cost of governance, impose heavy duty on imports and send corrupt people to the gallows.
we're still paying subsidy on petroleum sir. If you use your common sense to check the factors responsible for petroleum importation, you will realise that we're still paying subsidy

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by Kukutente23: 6:40am On Sep 28, 2023
ArcFresky:

All this your sermon
Tinubu came out to say they saved 1 trillion in June. You're hear parroting your own imagination

2 Likes

Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by BreconHills(m): 6:45am On Sep 28, 2023
ArcFresky:

An unemotional, factual and incisive statement. Everytime I am about to give up on public forums a gem like this pops up. Well said. 👏👏👏

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by Kukutente23: 6:53am On Sep 28, 2023
BreconHills:

An unemotional, factual and incisive statement. Everytime I am about to give up on public forums a gem like this pops up. Well said. 👏👏👏
Really? A gem?
He just contradicted the president and his spokesman who claimed they saved 1trn in June.
I guess the long rant and big grammar got you hinged like drugs

Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by Prince111111: 6:59am On Sep 28, 2023
Zico5:
Emefiele is such a terrible being. Thank God he is paying for his sins. He single handedly ran this country aground. CBN truly need new management team just to correct some of the Ill conceived policy of this man. I don't think Nigeria can recover from the maladministration of Buhari.
ogbeni stop shifting the post jor..
Tinubu is the worst president ever🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by Prince111111: 7:00am On Sep 28, 2023
Kukutente23:

All this your sermon
Tinubu came out to say they saved 1 trillion in June. You're hear parroting your own imagination
Those people mumu na first class
Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by Oblongata: 7:04am On Sep 28, 2023
ArcFresky:

what you have stated here sir is bullsheet to many people here...

But nonetheless it's the plain truth!

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by chiself: 7:07am On Sep 28, 2023
meum:

Your first comment on education being important drew my attention to the educational qualifications of the new man in charge of the Apex bank 👀

There is nothing wrong with the educational qualifications of the new CBN governor. When I studied Economics back in the days, the first topic studied was "why do economists disagree" They disagree due to the differences in values and judgment. The different schools of economic thoughts. If you have an economist in charge then he might bias, not necessary going for the best option but going with his values. This might not be good for Nigeria. The CBN will have lots of capable economists from the different schools of economic thoughts discussing the various options at the CBN.

Yemi Cardoso from what I saw on TV is called headmaster by Tinubu, to me that implies he have some leadership qualities.
He has a degree in Bsc in Managerial and Administrative studies. The current programme at Aston University is Bsc in Business and Management.

Develop a breadth and subsequent depth of business knowledge including the functions of management and science of decision-making. Whether you want a career at the forefront of a global operation, start-up or not-for-profit organisation, this degree could be for you.

Some of the modules include
Introduction to Business Economics
International Businesses and Emerging Market Economies
International Business Economics
International Business Economics
Intermediate Macroeconomics
Sports Economics & Finance
Further Topics in Macroeconomics
Further Topics in Microeconomics
Environmental Economics
International Trade
Economics of Entrepreneurship

So I think Cardoso will have more than average knowledge of Economics to perform his duty. This is the perfect candidate for the job! This Tinubu guy must be a genius!

Also remember not all Central Bank Governors are economist
Jerome Powell (USA) - Politics and Law
Shaktikanta Das (India) - History
Andrew Bailey (UK) - History
Christine Lagarde (EU) - Law

In the UK we saw what happened with Liz Truss (PM for 49 days) and Kwasi Kwarteng. They are what I call ideology zombies, can't see past their nose but we all saw how it ended.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by Zico5(m): 7:11am On Sep 28, 2023
Prince111111:
ogbeni stop shifting the post jor..
Tinubu is the worst president ever🤣🤣🤣🤣
You guys are just something else. Someone that just started his government is the worst. Peter Obi achieved nothing when he was Anambra governor for eight year rather the governor is sending committee to go and study and copy the metro dynamism from Lagos state. Just wait and see soon

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by gotnel: 7:22am On Sep 28, 2023
ArcFresky:

I agree with you totally

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by article1: 7:41am On Sep 28, 2023
Rescue team indeed
Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by Nicoddemus(m): 7:51am On Sep 28, 2023
ArcFresky:

Impose heavy duty on imports? Oga ur wicked
Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by henrimoto(m): 8:15am On Sep 28, 2023
Zico5:
Emefiele is such a terrible being. Thank God he is paying for his sins. He single handedly ran this country aground. CBN truly need new management team just to correct some of the Ill conceived policy of this man. I don't think Nigeria can recover from the maladministration of Buhari.
...And someone is saying Buhari is the best thing that happened to Nigeria. Tufiakwa!!
Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by Obviouslyblunt: 8:27am On Sep 28, 2023
ArcFresky:

with all you have seen, is this present government reducing the cost of governance?
Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by BreconHills(m): 8:33am On Sep 28, 2023
Kukutente23:

Really? A gem?
He just contradicted the president and his spokesman who claimed they saved 1trn in June.
I guess the long rant and big grammar got you hinged like drugs

The problem your arguments have is sterility and polarity.

Let me explain even if I know you can't see the carbuncles and definitely I will not engage in a dk measurement contest with you.

On sterility you do not understand that these pain are inevitable and expected. You are staying moored to text book economics prejudiced by politics. The reality is that subsidy cannot be defended and neither can the fx rate because there simply a) not enough money to do it b) the bottomless fx demand hole is fuelled by stolen funds being. There was no way of providing for these subsidies because they were not even provided for in the last budget. The same people criticising Tinubu for removing subsidies and allowing market forces into fx regime are the same people who were abusing buhari for not taking these steps and instead resorting to borrowing. There is a lot of insincerity in the public space fuelled by politics. The reality is that there will be pain and there will only be slight easing in Q1 of 2024. The man himself said this on his campaigns.

On polarity, you want to herd me into a spot knowing fully well that all LT strategies are underpinned by short term tactics. Yes I know as a fact that equity based asset sales are the only way out and i KNOW that this is BATs strategy. However you dont take a kwashiokor patient out to look for marriage suitors in his condition.

Ratger, You need time and short term tactics to make him look handsome enough for the right suitors. Otherwise his suitors terms will be onerous and damaging. The new management team is just getting to work. They are creating a $1.3-1.5m monthly runway and it will take time. I have known at least 2 of them for over 47 years and i know they are whip smart street level strategists.

BAT has no choices other than the one he has made and the sooner online and arm chair experts start telling the truth to the people the better their chances of staying alive to see what I believe to be a bolted on recovery by Q24. We all know that Nigerians are impatient and that crowd noise aided by dodgy policies is what got us here. Crowd noise will not get us out. It is only pitiful when knowledgeable people begin to shout with the crowd when they should know better.
Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by saysoo: 8:47am On Sep 28, 2023
Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by ivolt: 8:54am On Sep 28, 2023
ArcFresky:

You are lying just like your master.
Nigeria does not borrow to pay subsidy, in fact, NNPC has been the sole importer for years now.
Every loan has its intended use and none of Nigeria's loan internal or external was used for subsidy.

1 Like

Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by Prince111111: 8:57am On Sep 28, 2023
Zico5:

You guys are just something else. Someone that just started his government is the worst. Peter Obi achieved nothing when he was Anambra governor for eight year rather the governor is sending committee to go and study and copy the metro dynamism from Lagos state. Just wait and see soon
my elders say something that the Saturday that would be pleasant would have been felt on Friday, Tinubu has begun and you know how important the first 100 days in office is, you already know the rest. BTW, what has Obi done to you people? Let the humble man rest biko
Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by iswallker(m): 9:14am On Sep 28, 2023
ArcFresky:

You uses all your savings to pay debt while your wife and children are dying of hunger and you are in Abuja living large - and you will return home one day to bury your dead.... cry
Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by Kukutente23: 9:36am On Sep 28, 2023
BreconHills:

The problem your arguments have is sterility and polarity.

Let me explain even if I know you can't see the carbuncles and definitely I will not engage in a dk measurement contest with you.

On sterility you do not understand that these pain are inevitable and expected. You are staying moored to text book economics prejudiced by politics. The reality is that subsidy cannot be defended and neither can the fx rate because there simply a) not enough money to do it b) the bottomless fx demand hole is fuelled by stolen funds being. There was no way of providing for these subsidies because they were not even provided for in the last budget. The same people criticising Tinubu for removing subsidies and allowing market forces into fx regime are the same people who were abusing buhari for not taking these steps and instead resorting to borrowing. There is a lot of insincerity in the public space fuelled by politics. The reality is that there will be pain and there will only be slight easing in Q1 of 2024. The man himself said this on his campaigns.

On polarity, you want to herd me into a spot knowing fully well that all LT strategies are underpinned by short term tactics. Yes I know as a fact that equity based asset sales are the only way out and i KNOW that this is BATs strategy. However you dont take a kwashiokor patient out to look for marriage suitors in his condition.

Ratger, You need time and short term tactics to make him look handsome enough for the right suitors. Otherwise his suitors terms will be onerous and damaging. The new management team is just getting to work. They are creating a $1.3-1.5m monthly runway and it will take time. I have known at least 2 of them for over 47 years and i know they are whip smart street level strategists.

BAT has no choices other than the one he has made and the sooner online and arm chair experts start telling the truth to the people the better their chances of staying alive to see what I believe to be a bolted on recovery by Q24. We all know that Nigerians are impatient and that crowd noise aided by dodgy policies is what got us here. Crowd noise will not get us out. It is only pitiful when knowledgeable people begin to shout with the crowd when they should know better.
All this thesis
I hope there's a PhD for it
The fact is the guy was totally wrong. The President and his spokesman said separately that they saved 1trn in two months.
Do you dispute that? That's the kernel of the argument not all this turenchi
There are a lot of holes in your argument though
Subsidy was provided for up to June in the last budget
Tinubu also criticized Jonathan for removing subsidy only to remove it upon getting to his office. So you can't blame anyone for playing his game with him. When he was on the other side, he never gave nor took such advice for his herd of supporters who are more irrational than anyone else. Nigeria's politics is now spiteful and toxic due to him and his party's intervention so you can't blame anyone else for the present atmosphere.
Tinubu had a choice when it came to floating(?) the naira. He chose his poison. You can't blame anyone for that
On decisions concerning short term equity, I don't know what you think short term is but anything after six months and you're already out of short term in political offices. Your bets are totally off
Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by Xkonzult: 9:45am On Sep 28, 2023
ArcFresky:

You must have a PhD in dillusions...mad man
Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:00am On Sep 28, 2023
ArcFresky:

[b]The next step is reduce the cost of governance

[/b]
impose heavy duty on imports and send corrupt people to the gallows.

Keep dreaming 😴
Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by Zico5(m): 10:20am On Sep 28, 2023
Prince111111:
my elders say something that the Saturday that would be pleasant would have been felt on Friday, Tinubu has begun and you know how important the first 100 days in office is, you already know the rest. BTW, what has Obi done to you people? Let the humble man rest biko
Why can't u guys allow Tinubu to rest. Is he the first person to be voted as the president of this country.
Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by Adabestseason(m): 10:40am On Sep 28, 2023
This is grossly meaninglessly reviewed speech by a poor political aide who wants to make headline in a less experienced area to service the ego of the administration,tell us the details of Emefiele's continous incarceration,the connections with the special forex window given to some indiviuals,olams farm is mentioned you cannot go there,Isa funtua dealings with former CBN governor are untouched,you wants to do bla...bla...bla bla.......
Re: Why Tinubu Appointed New Management Team For CBN – Aide by coleon(m): 12:51pm On Sep 28, 2023
ArcFresky:

I always shudder when I see people spreading falsehood online and even get likes for the lies they spread.
Just as I asked someone earlier, can you share proof that government indeed borrowed money to pay for subsidy?
Could you state specifically the exact eurobond,sukuk or imf loan that was sourced for the payment of subsidy?
Ignorant people post falsehood online and ignorant people will like the lies told.
NNPC themselves came out and said they have not paid a single subsidy to anyone since 2015 , so who were the people paid these your borrowed subsidy money if true.
The only reason the government removed subsidy is cos they want more revenue that's all and unfortunately we cannot trust the government not to loot this extra income. Tinubu himself said they saved billions to be shared from the federation account in his nationwide broadcast the first month after subsidy removal yet a nairaland Tinubu supporter is insisting his master has not saved any money and yet still got likes for same.
Wonders shall never end in this country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Orders Unfreezing Of Patience Jonathan’s Accounts / It’ll Take 22 Years To Fix Aregbesola’s Mess — Omisore / Coronavirus: INEC To Shift Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.