Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos (695 Views)

Adejoke Lasisi Makes A Portrait Of Ooni Of Ife With Pure Water Sachets / Ben Enwonwu's Portrait Of Tutu Sold At Auction For £1,205,000 / 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos by IbileIfe: 7:48pm On Sep 27, 2023
NFT of the portrait of A Nomadic Fulani Woman in Lagos

This is an itinerant nomadic Fulani woman who is a native herbalist hawking on the streets of Lagos in Nigeria. I met with her in front of my office on Thursday April 28, 2011. She allowed me to photograph her and she is just one of the numerous nomadic Hausa Fulani women who have been hawking medicinal herbs for decades. She was articulate and bold as we discussed in Pidgin English.

View the NFT Photograph on
https://nftmyimage.com/@nigeriadaily

NFTs last longer than photos, videos and films that are not on the blockchain.

The NFTs will be in the decentralized InterPlanetary File System.

Re: NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos by madone: 8:25pm On Sep 27, 2023
This is to be sold right. Please how much do u know about sales of NFT
Re: NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos by IbileIfe: 9:01pm On Sep 27, 2023
madone:
This is to be sold right. Please how much do u know about sales of NFT

NFTs are the new gold mine of the blockchain .
The highest selling NFT, The Merge sold for US$91.8 million in December 2021.

TECH/CREATORS/FEATURED STORIES
Beeple sold an NFT for $69 million / Through a first-of-its-kind auction at Christie’s
By Jacob Kastrenakes, a deputy editor who oversees tech and news coverage. Since joining The Verge in 2012, he’s published 5,000+ stories and is the founding editor of the creators desk.

A square collage of 5,000 works from Beeple, start with the oldest in the top left corner and continuing to recent works in the bottom right corner.
Beeple’s collage, Everydays: The First 5000 Days, sold at Christie’s. Image: Beeple
Until October, the most Mike Winkelmann — the digital artist known as Beeple — had ever sold a print for was $100.

Today, an NFT of his work sold for $69 million at Christie’s. The sale positions him “among the top three most valuable living artists,” according to the auction house.

The record-smashing NFT sale comes after months of increasingly valuable auctions. In October, Winkelmann sold his first series of NFTs, with a pair going for $66,666.66 each. In December, he sold a series of works for $3.5 million total. And last month, one of the NFTs that originally sold for $66,666.66 was resold for $6.6 million.
“I do view this as the next chapter of art history.”

NFTs, or non-fungible tokens, are unique files that live on a blockchain and are able to verify ownership of a work of digital art. Buyers typically get limited rights to display the digital artwork they represent, but in many ways, they’re just buying bragging rights and an asset they may be able to resell later. The technology has absolutely exploded over the past few weeks — and Winkelmann, more than anyone else, has been at the forefront of its rapid rise.[/s]

The highest selling NFT by a Nigerian sold for US$75, 000.

Opensea is the #1 market for NFT.

1 Like

Re: NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos by madone: 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2023
IbileIfe:

NFTs are the new gold mine of the blockchain .
The highest selling NFT, The Merge sold for US$91.8 million in December 2021.

TECH/CREATORS/FEATURED STORIES
Beeple sold an NFT for $69 million / Through a first-of-its-kind auction at Christie’s
By Jacob Kastrenakes, a deputy editor who oversees tech and news coverage. Since joining The Verge in 2012, he’s published 5,000+ stories and is the founding editor of the creators desk.

A square collage of 5,000 works from Beeple, start with the oldest in the top left corner and continuing to recent works in the bottom right corner.
Beeple’s collage, Everydays: The First 5000 Days, sold at Christie’s. Image: Beeple
Until October, the most Mike Winkelmann — the digital artist known as Beeple — had ever sold a print for was $100.

Today, an NFT of his work sold for $69 million at Christie’s. The sale positions him “among the top three most valuable living artists,” according to the auction house.

The record-smashing NFT sale comes after months of increasingly valuable auctions. In October, Winkelmann sold his first series of NFTs, with a pair going for $66,666.66 each. In December, he sold a series of works for $3.5 million total. And last month, one of the NFTs that originally sold for $66,666.66 was resold for $6.6 million.
“I do view this as the next chapter of art history.”

NFTs, or non-fungible tokens, are unique files that live on a blockchain and are able to verify ownership of a work of digital art. Buyers typically get limited rights to display the digital artwork they represent, but in many ways, they’re just buying bragging rights and an asset they may be able to resell later. The technology has absolutely exploded over the past few weeks — and Winkelmann, more than anyone else, has been at the forefront of its rapid rise.[/s]

The highest selling NFT by a Nigerian sold for US$75, 000.

Opensea is the #1 market for NFT.
this is great
Re: NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos by IbileIfe: 11:06am On Oct 01, 2023
I have been offered 25 ETH for five of my NFTs.
Re: NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos by alterego17: 11:33am On Oct 02, 2023
IbileIfe:
I have been offered 25 ETH for five of my NFTs.

How do u convert an artwork to an nft n are all ur nft on d open sea platform?
Re: NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos by IbileIfe: 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2023
alterego17:

How do u convert an artwork to an nft n are all ur nft on d open sea platform?

Opensea, Algorand and other NFT marketplaces will guide you and within minutes you can mint an NFT once you have the accepted blockchain wallet.
I have MetaMask and Pera.Algo.
Opensea is best

A buyer offered me 5ETH for each of my five NFTs she chose.
I have made over 100 so far
My most highly priced NFT is "The Signature of God".
I am not in a hurry to sell it, because to me it is priceless and timeless.
Re: NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos by alterego17: 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2023
IbileIfe:

Opensea, Algorand and other NFT marketplaces will guide you and within minutes you can mint an NFT once you have the accepted blockchain wallet.
I have MetaMask and Pera.Algo.
Opensea is best

A buyer offered me 5ETH for each of my five NFTs she chose.
I have made over 100 so far
My most highly priced NFT is "The Signature of God".
I am not in a hurry to sell it, because to me it is priceless and timeless.

Plz drop ur whatsapp so we can discuss off nairaland OK bro?
Re: NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos by IbileIfe: 8:38pm On Oct 06, 2023
alterego17:

Plz drop ur whatsapp so we can discuss off nairaland OK bro?
Message me on https://twitter.com/nigeriadaily
Re: NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos by alterego17: 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2023
IbileIfe:

Message me on https://twitter.com/nigeriadaily

I'm not on Twitter... U hv telegram?
Re: NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos by IbileIfe: 12:47pm On Oct 07, 2023
alterego17:

I'm not on Twitter... U hv telegram?

Email me : kingofkingsbooks@hotmail.com
Re: NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos by alterego17: 12:58pm On Oct 07, 2023
IbileIfe:

Email me : kingofkingsbooks@hotmail.com

Ok nice
Re: NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos by livenija: 12:23am On Oct 08, 2023
Una still dey hawk this nonsense nft lol rubbish

1 Like

Re: NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos by IbileIfe: 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2023
livenija:
Una still dey hawk this nonsense nft lol rubbish
Ignorance is still a terrible thing.
What is NFT?
What is the blockchain without digital assets?
You don't even know what is Algorithm?

If you are not literate enough, it is not by force to comment as you do on other topics on Nairaland.
The NFT artwork on the Fulani woman was created on the Algorand blockchain.

I hope you can read?

Examples of NFT use cases:
Tokenizing the rights to a song to facilitate royalty payments, in-game collectibles, or special edition brand merchandise.
If Alice wants to use blockchain to help her scale and grow her art business, because it provides important properties that she cannot achieve otherwise (trust, transparency, efficiency, low costs). The first step for her is to represent her unique art pieces on-chain as NFTs. Let's go ahead and learn how to create an NFT on Algorand."

https://developer.algorand.org/docs/get-started/tokenization/nft/#:~:text=Examples%20of%20NFT,NFT%20on%20Algorand.

"In September 2021, the owner of a meme Doge NFT who paid 4 million dollars for it, fractionalized it and then auctioned off a portion of those fractional shares at a price that revalued their asset at 225 million USD1."

By the way my mobile social media app was a finalist for the – FIRE Africa Awards 
 for tech innovation
https://vimeo.com/862719934

I am currently developing mobile fintech app for decentralization of financial transactions between all the users for borrowing and lending; buying and selling and funding their Small Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) for the retail industry in Nigeria with over 39 million MSMEs.
The MSMEs industry in Nigeria is estimated to be worth $100 billion.
The fintech app will be integrated into the iPost app and will include a NFTs e-commerce feature.

The MVP pitch of the fintech app was among those selected by the Techpoint Africa x OneLiquidity hackathon in 2022.

Re: NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos by livenija: 3:44pm On Oct 08, 2023
IbileIfe:

Ignorance is still a terrible thing.
What is NFT?
What is the blockchain without digital assets?
You don't even know what is Algorithm?

If you are not literate enough, it is not by force to comment as you do on other topics on Nairaland.
The NFT artwork on the Fulani woman was created on the Algorand blockchain.

I hope you can read?

Examples of NFT use cases:
Tokenizing the rights to a song to facilitate royalty payments, in-game collectibles, or special edition brand merchandise.
If Alice wants to use blockchain to help her scale and grow her art business, because it provides important properties that she cannot achieve otherwise (trust, transparency, efficiency, low costs). The first step for her is to represent her unique art pieces on-chain as NFTs. Let's go ahead and learn how to create an NFT on Algorand."

https://developer.algorand.org/docs/get-started/tokenization/nft/#:~:text=Examples%20of%20NFT,NFT%20on%20Algorand.

"In September 2021, the owner of a meme Doge NFT who paid 4 million dollars for it, fractionalized it and then auctioned off a portion of those fractional shares at a price that revalued their asset at 225 million USD1."

By the way my mobile social media app was a finalist for the – FIRE Africa Awards 
 for tech innovation
https://vimeo.com/862719934

I am currently developing mobile fintech app for decentralization of financial transactions between all the users for borrowing and lending; buying and selling and funding their Small Medium Scale Enterprises (SMEs) for the retail industry in Nigeria with over 39 million MSMEs.
The MSMEs industry in Nigeria is estimated to be worth $100 billion.
The fintech app will be integrated into the iPost app and will include a NFTs e-commerce feature.

The MVP pitch of the fintech app was among those selected by the Techpoint Africa x OneLiquidity hackathon in 2022.

Abeg shut up there, lazy thing

1 Like

Re: NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos by IbileIfe: 11:39am On Oct 09, 2023
livenija:
Abeg shut up there, lazy thing

Re: NFT Of The Portrait Of A Nomadic Fulani Woman In Lagos by IbileIfe: 2:59pm On Oct 11, 2023
FIFA president Gianni Infantino and Algorand founder Silvio Micali

The Algorand NFT market is flourishing, especially since Algorand partnered up with FIFA, launching FIFA+ Collect - a soccer world cup related Algorand NFT collection."

https://www.algodaddy.org/2022/01/top-5-most-popular-algorand-nft.html

(1) (Reply)

Youtube Subscribe For Subscribe / ‘release’ By Adanma Nwankwo / Come In For Your Graphics Work At Affordable Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.