Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,436 members, 7,853,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:00 AM

Legal Advice Urgently Needed ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Legal Advice Urgently Needed ! (463 Views)

Mr President Should Humble Himself And Seek Legal Advice Before Giving Orders. / Jonathan gets legal advice on SWF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Legal Advice Urgently Needed ! by Aro007: 8:17am On Oct 20, 2011
I have a friend in one of the South American Countries whom we met about 8 yrs back online. We occasional exchange calls via Skype, Yahoo calls and even a times on the phone. About to 2 years ago she called me with excitement in her voice that her husband just got a job in Nigeria. That even made her closer as we even chatted more because of her new tie with Nigeria. She was meant to come down to Nigeria last year August, but couldn’t make it because of the logistics involve.

I got a call from her yesterday 20th of October, where I inquire to know how she was doing because of the tone of her voice. I was really shocked to hear that her Husband died in an accident on Thursday 13th of October, while returning from Ondo State on an official assignment.

Why I need the advice is
1) The company her husband worked for only called her on Friday to inform her about the incident after of cause she could not finish the conversation due to the bad news and have since then not heard anything from the company
2) I am the only person she knows in Nigeria and she is really counting on me to fight for her right, at least in ensuring that the company seeks after her desires either to burry the Man in Nigeria or send the man’s corpse back to her Country. When I asked her what she would have preferred in this respect, she said she would actually desire the body to be sent back to her country.
3) Effort to get through to all the lines she had has proven abortive as the line are either not going through or is giving a switch off response.
4) I was able to drill further via the company’s website to get the companies physical address.
5) I probably would have reported the case to my friend’s country embassy but they do not have a point of presence in Nigeria.
I need your legal advice on what to do and how to go about it. I have limited time on my side based on the nature of my job but would be willing to hire a lawyer should the need arise. The widow is with two kids which I honestly believe they should be compensated and with the looks of things I wouldn’t be surprised if the company is trying to play smart, knowing fully well that the guy do not have any family/friends in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Non-indigenes Policy / Revenue Formula: Governors Propose Bill To Amend Constitution / Nigeria Tarnishes Anything Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.