Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,355 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) (2649 Views)

Obi Of Onitsha Trending On Twitter For Meeting Atiku In Awka (Video, Pics) / Official Commissioning Of International Conference Centre Awka(video&photos) / Level Of Work At capacity International Conference Center Awka(video&photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by Bestmanfornow: 12:23pm On Sep 28, 2023
Awka the capital of Anambra state is a fast developing city, from squalid town it was in the early 21st century it has become a fast paced growing location with estates and vital parts of a modern city. Kindly watch through the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4kf--oSwwM?si=SYQO5pkS2K5hRf1O

3 Likes

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by BrodaBenad: 12:41pm On Sep 28, 2023
Absolutely correct

I was driving through the new secretariat side

I was really shocked by the changes there less than a year after visiting there before

It's a welcome development

14 Likes

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by Bestmanfornow: 12:54pm On Sep 28, 2023
BrodaBenad:
Absolutely correct

I was driving through the new secretariat side

I was really shocked by the changes there less than a year after visiting there before

It's a welcome development
The development is massive

8 Likes

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by AustineE1: 1:06pm On Sep 28, 2023
Is not just Awka alone but the entire Anambra and by extension other Eastern states are a massive construction site....i pity who no get land for Awka because there is a quiet infrastructural revolution going on there! if you blink your eyes,you miss out.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by Bestmanfornow: 1:07pm On Sep 28, 2023
AustineE1:
Is not just Akwa alone but the entire Anambra and by extension other Eastern states are a massive construction site....i pity who no get land for Akwa because there is a quiet infrastructural revolution going on there! if you blink your eyes,you miss out.
Exactly

9 Likes

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by franchasofficia: 1:07pm On Sep 28, 2023
Beautiful.

More Igbos need to start investing back home. We need to, we have to.

15 Likes

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by Frizz001: 1:09pm On Sep 28, 2023
@op: bumming or booming?
Please check your title
Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by Bestmanfornow: 1:14pm On Sep 28, 2023
Frizz001:
@op: bumming or booming?
Please check your title
Taken note
Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by DrGoodman: 1:14pm On Sep 28, 2023
AustineE1:
Is not just Akwa alone but the entire Anambra and by extension other Eastern states are a massive construction site....i pity who no get land for Akwa because there is a quiet infrastructural revolution going on there! if you blink your eyes,you miss out.

Thr whole of the east is on construction steroids now,

12 Likes

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by DrGoodman: 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2023
franchasofficia:
Beautiful.

More Igbos need to start investing back home. We need to, we have to.

It's a lively idea, you can never lose with property in the Eastern region.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by redsquare(m): 1:16pm On Sep 28, 2023
Bestmanfornow:
Awka the capital of Anambra state is a fast developing city, from squalid town it was in the early 21st century it has become a fast paced growing location with estates and vital parts of a modern city. Kindly watch through the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4kf--oSwwM?si=SYQO5pkS2K5hRf1O

Nice one. Onitsha environs especially Oba is one of the fastest growing cities in Anambra. I was in Oba 2 weeks ago and couldn't believe my eyes. Everywhere is a construction yard with hundreds of estates springing up per second.

10 Likes

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by Frizz001: 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2023
This is good! I hope the government and construction experts are putting adequate precautions in place to avoid flooding though.
DrGoodman:

Thr whole of the east is on construction steroids now,

3 Likes

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by Bestmanfornow: 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2023
Onitsha the Commercial and Industrial City

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XibK3ydOdPI?si=X5ebYg1HO0Uvlw_u
Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by mrvitalis(m): 2:38pm On Sep 28, 2023
State government should introduce a housing tax for me 15% of rental value of the house or 2.5% the value of the property empty land slots should pay 20% of average land value

Citizens can also argue that this comes to effect if and only if the street or road the house is on meet certain agreed conditions

Say paved road with standard drainage system and also refuse collection system and only in approved urban areas

This gives government incentive to fix roads and give government revenue

Anambra has over 800k houses minimum in urban areas... Value of an average of 50 million each

That's 1 trillion naira in revenue just like that
Just like that

Imagine how developed Anambra would be with 1.2 trillion budget fully funded every year for 20 years

2 Likes

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by IamAtikulate: 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2023
Walai real estate industry in Anambra is something else. Remove Lagos, no state comes close again.

8 Likes

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by IamAtikulate: 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2023
mrvitalis:
State government should introduce a housing tax for me 15% of rental value of the house or 2.5% the value of the property empty land slots should pay 20% of average land value

Citizens can also argue that this comes to effect if and only if the street or road the house is on meet certain agreed conditions

Say paved road with standard drainage system and also refuse collection system and only in approved urban areas

This gives government incentive to fix roads and give government revenue

Anambra has over 800k houses minimum in urban areas... Value of an average of 50 million each

That's 1 trillion naira in revenue just like that
Just like that

Imagine how developed Anambra would be with 1.2 trillion budget fully funded every year for 20 years
Nice idea

But you don't tax people to provide a service but you tax them after providing the service. Government should source the money themselves. That's the essence of loans.

Peter Obi 101

6 Likes

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by Resees: 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2023
The same infrastructures Simon ekwensu ekpan will destroy?

1 Like

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by mrvitalis(m): 2:59pm On Sep 28, 2023
IamAtikulate:

Nice idea

But you don't tax people to provide a service but you tax them after providing the service. Government should source the money themselves. That's the essence of loans.

Peter Obi 101
I don't believe in that ideology... Tax is not just revenue generation

It's a way to unit the people, they would hold government accountable, report corruption, they would become more patriotic

1 Like

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by IamAtikulate: 3:22pm On Sep 28, 2023
mrvitalis:

I don't believe in that ideology... Tax is not just revenue generation

It's a way to unit the people, they would hold government accountable, report corruption, they would become more patriotic
Tax is originally developed as a fiscal policy instrument and payment for services provided by government.

Taxing people to build infrastructure so that people can hold government accountable has never been the original intent.

PO Economic idea should be studied in school. They are out of this world.

No wonder GEJ appointed him as the National Economic Adviser even as governor of Anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by Bestmanfornow: 5:47pm On Sep 28, 2023
Every corner of Anambra is witnessing massive development, today Ogboji town in Orumba north local government.

In line with Governor Chukwuma Soludo's efforts towards building an industrialised Anambra for sustainable economic growth and development.

The Anambra State Government today officially handed over to the Contractor handling the Construction of Perimeter Fencing and Entrance Gate to the Industrial City.

Performing the groundbreaking handover Ceremony, the Commissioner for Works Engr. Ifeanyi Okoma represented by the Director of Highways Department, Engr. Michael Obiekwe charged the Contractor to take ownership of the construction works by working according to specifications as stated in the BEME. He said that Gov. Soludo is in a haste to industrialize the state with a strong political will to deliver a difficult but strategic agenda that will drive the all-round development of the state.

He charged Ogboji Community to continue to render their support to the Contractor to ensure that the vision of Gov. Soludo in making Anambra a livable and prosperous state in Nigeria is achieved.

On his part, the Contractor, Mr. Chucks Ewuzie Williams of Cincinnati Const. Ltd thanked the State Government for entrusting the company with the huge task.

He appreciated the Commissioner for Works and the Community for their cooperation so far, promising to deliver the project on schedule.

The President General of Ogboji Town Union, Mr. Macellinus Emechebe who was represented by the Chief Provost, Mr. Sunday Okeke thanked the State Government for citing such huge gigantic project in the Community. He promised that the Community will cooperate with the contractor to deliver.

4 Likes

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by Ofodirinwa: 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2023
IamAtikulate:
Walai real estate industry in Anambra is something else. Remove Lagos, no state comes close again.

Where have you been? lol
Just say you like your home state

1 Like

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by Abagworo(m): 6:14pm On Sep 28, 2023
This is too tiny compared with Umuahia not to talk of Enugu and Owerri. This is basically one estate. It's a good thing that people are now building in Awka but then it's not one of the fastest growing real estate.
Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by kokoA(m): 6:15pm On Sep 28, 2023
There's a working government in place now I guess. Why were people not building when Peter Obi was governor then?
Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by Jcoleworld911: 6:21pm On Sep 28, 2023
Abagworo:
This is too tiny compared with Umuahia not to talk of Enugu and Owerri. This is basically one estate. It's a good thing that people are now building in Awka but then it's not one of the fastest growing real estate.

If it’s not then which town is
Hope you won’t mention owerri??

1 Like

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by DrGoodman: 6:24pm On Sep 28, 2023
Jcoleworld911:

If it’s not then which town is
Hope you won’t mention owerri??

It's all within the east.

2 Likes

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by Bestmanfornow: 6:30pm On Sep 28, 2023
Abagworo:
Bitter mind, not all the estates in Awka are captured in my video, mind you Udoka Estate, Gemex estate, Nwora estate, Millennium City are not included

2 Likes

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by Bestmanfornow: 6:32pm On Sep 28, 2023
Abagworo:

Bitter man this is Udoka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8mfqY1oc4I?si=WK_xfRZbtDvUUAyU

3 Likes

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by Noneroone(m): 6:34pm On Sep 28, 2023
Abagworo:
Pls, Awka is one the fastest growing in real estate development. (New) Owerri is quite planned by I doubt it can rival current real estate development in Awka in terms of pace.

3 Likes

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by Bestmanfornow: 6:35pm On Sep 28, 2023
Abagworo:
Maryland estate Amawobia is not also included in my video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnSMnKA8eGY?si=WtuONTei7taLZL2K
Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by Bestmanfornow: 6:36pm On Sep 28, 2023
Noneroone:
Pls, Awka is one the fastest growing in real estate development.
He's a jealous being anything about Anambra makes him uncomfortable

2 Likes

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by Bestmanfornow: 6:37pm On Sep 28, 2023
kokoA:
There's a working government in place now I guess. Why were people not building when Peter Obi was governor then?
Ng phase one was built during Peter Obi's administration

1 Like

Re: Real Estate Booming In Anambra Especially Awka(video) by FOXDOSSIER: 6:40pm On Sep 28, 2023
Owerri has the worst and most dilapidated houses in southeastern Nigeria. Awka has better and well organized infrastructures, planned estates more than Owerri. Awka has the largest booming real estate in SE.

I know exactly how you feel because these pictures actually broke your heart.

Awka is the fastest developing city in Nigeria aside Abuja.

Abagworo:

Pictures of Owerri filled with slums and shanties. Owerri should be demolished if that town would ever be properly developed.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBC Replies Obidient That Want Their Journalist Sacked For Tinubu CSU Report / Oil Spills Paralyse Economic, Aquatic Life In Delta State / Breaking News Live! Bomb Blast At Police Headquaters Abuja (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.