Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,766 members, 7,813,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine (16978 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Accepts Aminu Shagari Apology, Says I Have No Enemies To Fight / Edo: Obaseki Heaps Sand In Front Of Edo Assembly Over Impeachment Scare (Photos) / Edo: Obaseki In Talks With SDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by BleedingPen: 3:13pm On Sep 28, 2023
The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has accepted the public apology made by his deputy, Rt. Hon. Comrade Philip Shaibu, noting that as a person of faith, he was under obligation to accept the apology.

In a letter titled, “Re: Public Apology By The Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu,” the governor said in good faith, he trusts that the public apology as expressed by Shaibu is genuine and followed by contrite steps to improve his conflict resolution skills.

The letter reads: “I have noted the public apology made by the Deputy Governor of Edo State, His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Comrade Philip Shaibu. This apology followed an aberrant behaviour that contradicts what the people of Edo State stand for.

“To name a few, the Deputy Governor needlessly filed unfounded petitions in the Nigerian courts restraining me, the State House of Assembly and Security agencies from a non-existent impeachment process, followed by repeated breaches of protocol; unwarranted and unprovoked attacks in the media on my person and the State Government. The media frenzy as a result of the above and more, provided an impression of crises that has been precarious and distasteful to Edo people in the State and across the world.

“Although these unwarranted provocations caused me severe personal discomfort, as a person of faith, I am under obligation to accept this apology because as they say, “to err is human, to forgive is divine.”

Obaseki further noted, “In good faith, I trust that the public apology as expressed by the Deputy Governor is genuine and followed by contrite steps to improve his conflict resolution skills. I also enjoin the Deputy Governor to guide his proxies to act in accordance with his piety.”

He added, “It is my sincere hope and that of my other colleagues in government and all well-meaning Edo people, that these rhetorics will be put to an end forthwith to enable this administration finish strong and deliver the dividends of democracy to the greatest number of Edo people over this final twelve (12) months.”

https://metrowatchonline.com/obaseki-accepts-shaibus-apology-says-to-err-is-human-to-forgive-divine-metrowatch/?amp=1

8 Likes

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by BleedingPen: 3:13pm On Sep 28, 2023
Thoughts?
Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by MrsTwrite(f): 3:16pm On Sep 28, 2023
That's great.

8 Likes

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by slivertongue: 3:18pm On Sep 28, 2023
forgiveness is Godly and divine.

10 Likes

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by illicit(m): 3:21pm On Sep 28, 2023
Nice one

U do well

1 Like

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by jumper524(m): 3:36pm On Sep 28, 2023
I so pity Shuaibu.
Hes been relegated completely.
There's no way he can become governor of edo, not after the disastrous performance of Obaseki under pdp, not when he's been rejected completely by the oshiomole camp and most importantly, not when it's the turn of the esan people.
Shuaibu is from edo North.
Nothing favours Shuaibu politically.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by ican2020: 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2023
Wicked governor

12 Likes

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by tesppidd: 4:27pm On Sep 28, 2023
He has privately agreed to drop his Governorship ambition.

Such humbling..

20 Likes

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by otokx(m): 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2023
It appears the last has not been heard on this matter.

13 Likes

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by Jostoman: 5:24pm On Sep 28, 2023
Exactly, Good one from Obaseki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by bjdon: 5:42pm On Sep 28, 2023
We are a state of norms and values if a child errs and apologises, they should be forgiven.
kudos to both of them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by EdCure: 5:52pm On Sep 28, 2023
When betrayers finish fighting their common enemies, they end up fighting each other.

Don't be deceived. Why is Shaibu's office still locked?
This fight will never end till both destroy their PDP.

15 Likes

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by Kenmatt(m): 2:38pm On Sep 29, 2023
I didn't go through down.

But what forced out of my Mouth as I saw the headline, "Oh My Gosh! This is great"

There is nothing that can be compared to peace and love.

These two are machine that will drive you to progress.
Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by kapelvej: 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2023
na wa, obaseki shaaaaaa.
Shuaibu gats no balls

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by Honsla: 2:41pm On Sep 29, 2023
Nice one from from shaibu.
All eyes 👀 on esan land for the next governor of edo state

2 Likes

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2023
The real battle has just began

Edo men worwor sha

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by Guyman01: 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2023
Obaseki wants to implement the Delta, Abia, Anambra States model of rotational governorship.
Shaibu no matter his popularity should not contest, let the area/zone that has not ruled the state for long produce their best candidates across all participating political parties to contest. This is all that the governor is asking for and he must be commended.
If he doesn't do this one zone with the largest population and influence will continue to rule the state in perpetuity

18 Likes

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by tydi(m): 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2023
grin

Edo no be Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by ecolime(m): 2:43pm On Sep 29, 2023
Clash of the Betrayers.

Has Shuaib shelved his governorship ambition?

4 Likes

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by Fira09(m): 2:45pm On Sep 29, 2023
IconicR:
The real battle has just began

Edo men worwor sha
But Yoruba still produced ugly men as President(Obasanjo & Tinubu).

So?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by Franchise21(m): 2:47pm On Sep 29, 2023
OK
Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by Helpfromabove1(m): 2:48pm On Sep 29, 2023
Does that mean he has agreed to drop his Governorship ambition and if he does how easy will it be for him to support another person for next Governor when he was forced to drop his

Simple put PDP is gone in edo it a loss loss situation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by kasim155: 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2023
tydi:
grin

Edo no be Lagos

Assuming this happen in Lagos, you will be hearing them ranting here on NL Edo no be Lagos

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by Jorussia(m): 2:52pm On Sep 29, 2023
kapelvej:
na wa, obaseki shaaaaaa.
Shuaibu gats no balls
Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by Jorussia(m): 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2023
kapelvej:
na wa, obaseki shaaaaaa.
Shuaibu gats no balls
which balls do u want him to have?Deputy governor completely rejected privately and publicly by oshiomhole and the ruling party,how do u want him to survive against the Governor?

1 Like

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by Omobude244: 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2023
jumper524:
I so pity Shuaibu.
Hes been relegated completely.
There's no way he can become governor of edo, not after the disastrous performance of Obaseki under pdp, not when he's been rejected completely by the oshiomole camp and most importantly, not when it's the turn of the esan people.
Shuaibu is from edo North.
Nothing favours Shuaibu politically.
please 4years under PDP
4yrs under APC
Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by toprealman: 3:06pm On Sep 29, 2023
How can we grow as a people when a governor is using his official letter headed paper to talk about his stupid ego!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by flexyrule(m): 3:08pm On Sep 29, 2023
Imagine...

Failed to understand that the position he currently occupy is temporary.

If life happen to him now, the deputy will sit that that same position and call the shots.

Well. What can I say?....
Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by Chibuzoripob: 3:08pm On Sep 29, 2023
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by Oscarchims: 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2023
Humbled
Re: Edo: Obaseki Accepts Shaibu’s Apology, Says To Err Is Human, To Forgive Divine by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:13pm On Sep 29, 2023
There is nothing like forgiveness here and there is nothing like err here. It's just politicians doing their things. Never mind

My own is that I support Obaseki stance on justice. If not because we blacks do not reason properly, it should be made lawful the governorship position should be rotated among all the geopolitical zone of the state. JUSTICE brings about development.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Eligible Voters In The 6 Geopolitical Zones / Okorocha Asks Court To Abort Plot To Arrest Him, Fingers APC Leaders / Osun Decides: Learn From Davido, Use Your Influence – Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.