Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

The 15 YO Schoolgirl Stabbed To Death In Croydon London - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The 15 YO Schoolgirl Stabbed To Death In Croydon London (1035 Views)

23-Year-Old US Lady Posed As 14-Year-Old Schoolgirl To Have Sex With Teen Boys / Teacher Caught Having Sex With Underage Schoolgirl As Harrison Gwamnishu Reacts / Schoolgirl Pushes A Boy, Dares Him, His Reaction Got Him Hailed By Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 15 YO Schoolgirl Stabbed To Death In Croydon London by Litmus: 3:51pm On Sep 28, 2023
The 15-year-old schoolgirl, Eliyana Andam, stabbed to death in Croydon becomes the 16th teenager to be murdered in London this year - more than in the whole of 2022

More teenagers have been murdered in London this year than for the whole of 2022.

The 15-year-old schoolgirl knifed to death yesterday became the 16th teenager to be murdered in the capital and the 13th to die from stab wounds.Last year, 14 teenagers were murdered in London.

The schoolgirl is the third teenager to have died from knife injuries in the capital this month.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan said: 'I am absolutely heartbroken by the death of a 15-year-old girl in Croydon.

'My thoughts and prayers are with this young girl's family and friends, and the whole community, at this unimaginably awful time.'A post-war record of 30 teenagers were murdered in London in 2021, with 29 killed in 2008.

Donna Murray-Turner, of Another Night of Sisterhood, which supports families in the aftermath of murders, criticised Mr Khan for failing to tackle the knife crime epidemic.

She said: 'Once again, violence has had an immense effect on our community. This is going to have a massive effect across our borough.

'It's devastating that another young life has been taken.'

She called on Mr Khan to 'refocus' on the violent crime plaguing the capital. She said: 'As far as the Mayor of London is concerned, throwing funding at things isn't enough. We need to have a bigger conversation.

'This is a societal problem, it's not just a black or working class problem. [Sadiq Khan] needs to start engaging in some uncomfortable conversations.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12568877/Croydon-16th-teenager-murdered-London-year.html

Re: The 15 YO Schoolgirl Stabbed To Death In Croydon London by Litmus: 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2023
They say she is from a country in West Africa, whatever this means.

RIP
Re: The 15 YO Schoolgirl Stabbed To Death In Croydon London by Litmus: 4:04pm On Sep 28, 2023
Evening Standard Report: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-croydon-stabbing-victim-pictured-31048445

Croydon stabbing victim Elianne Andam pictured as schoolgirl's pals pay tribute
Elianne Andam was described as a 'lovely girl' who 'went to school and didn't come home' as family paid tribute to the 15-year-old stabbed to death in Croydon

A teenage girl who was stabbed to death outside a shopping centre has been pictured for the first time as her 'heartbroken' family pay tribute.

Elianne Andam, 15, died on Wednesday morning after she was allegedly attacked after getting off a bus in Croydon, South London. A 17-year-old boy was later arrested nearby and was still in custody on Thursday morning being questioned on suspicion of her murder.

The girl had been a student at the Old Palace of John Whitgift School, an independent girls' school in Croydon. Flowers and cards left at the scene since Wednesday morning paid tribute to the "much-loved" teenager, who was also described by one person who knew her as "absolutely incredible" with a "bright future" ahead of her.

Elianne's aunt spoke out on Thursday morning saying how her niece had "gone to school and not come home". The bright student and keen gymnast "wanted to be a lawyer", the aunt told The Mirror.

Social media tributes have also been pouring in for the teen. One person wrote: "Can't begin to even imagine what the parents are going through right now, their whole world changed forever". Another wrote: "Rest in peace my dear - have a good time in heaven".

Anthony King, chairman of My Ends - a project helping combat youth violence in Croydon, was with Elianne's family after the incident and said they were "heartbroken". "She had a bright future ahead of her," Mr King said. "She was in her GCSE year."

Mr King described the girl as an "absolutely incredible young lady" and told of how others said she was "jovial, very comedic". One of the cards left near to where the attack took place read: "Sorry we live in this crazy world this makes no sense. One read: "Fly high up there my mummy will look after you. RIP beautiful, forever young, taken too soon. Thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends, God bless."

Another said: "Rest in peace little princess. So sad your life is taken away at your prime you have touched my soul." A police scene remained in place at Wellesley Road on Thursday as the investigation into the stabbing continued. A red double decker bus on route 60, three police vehicles and about a dozen officers, as well as a forensics tent, could be seen in the taped off area outside the Whitgift Centre.

A Met forensics team were seen bagging a handwritten note as evidence at the scene. The note, which had been scrawled on an envelope, read: "I love you so so much and I [have] never met someone with a better smile and better eyes than what you have. Your [sic] special girl... princess." It's not been confirmed who wrote the note.
Re: The 15 YO Schoolgirl Stabbed To Death In Croydon London by VaginaAcademic: 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2023
America gun UK knife

1 Like

Re: The 15 YO Schoolgirl Stabbed To Death In Croydon London by UselessBuharist: 5:57pm On Sep 28, 2023
The animal should be locked up forever

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Who Saya Americans Are Not Currupt / Drive-by Shooting At Falomo. / I See War Coming In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.