Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

My MTN Data Does Not Last! How Can I Stop My Data From Finishing Fast? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My MTN Data Does Not Last! How Can I Stop My Data From Finishing Fast? (846 Views)

How Does Someone Remove His/her Data From An Online Loan Platform? / How Can I Fund My Mtn Momo Account In Nigeria / How can I stop being broke in 2020? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My MTN Data Does Not Last! How Can I Stop My Data From Finishing Fast? by Knetpro(m): 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2023
My MTN Data Does Not Last! How can I stop my data from finishing fast?

How To Prevent Your Mobile Data From Finishing Very Fast In 7 Quick & Easy Steps

The general complaint among Glo, Airtel, MTN or even 9mobile users is: "My data doesn't last!"

For instance, Gideon, a mobile data reseller, recently received a WhatsApp message from one of his customers by name John.

In the message, John complained bitterly about the 4gb Glo Data he bought from Gideon for 1,600 naira.

Below is their conversation below.

John wrote to Gideon: "Bros! Na so the data dey quick finish? I have  less than 100 remaining in just how many days  🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🙆🏽‍♂️🙆🏽‍♂️🙆🏽‍♂️"

Gideon replied: "I nor understand o. Na de same Glo I dey use o. And na 2gb I put since last week Friday. See de balance wen remain."

John replied: "Well I don't understand how 4GB go finish in less than a week. Anyway, I don do normal recharge."

If you have been experiencing similar problem as John in the story above, then this post is for you.

This post will answer the following questions:

"Why my data doesn't last long?"

"Why is my data being used so quickly?" and

"How can I stop my data from finishing fast?"

Consequently, this post will show you why your data finishes very fast and, more importantly, what you can do to make your mobile data last longer.

How To Prevent Your Data From Finishing Very Fast

Some reasons why your data finishes very fast and what you can do to correct the problem are as follows:

1. Data tariff has gone up. This means that even though you may still buy data at the same price - for instance 1,000 naira for 1.5gb for 30 days - you spend more per kb of data usage.

There is absolutely nothing you can do about this problem because all the telecom companies have increased their data, though it is the common opinion that Glo mobile data tariff is cheaper than the others.

2. Lots of heavy data draining applications working incessantly in the background even when they are not in use.

To prevent the unauthorized use of your data in the background by these applications, you will need to switch off the applications from operating in the background.

Open Settings, Tap on "Notification Center" and switch off notifications regarding each app that you no longer wish to receive notification for.

3. Setting data limit will also help to minimize your data consumption.

To set data limit...

Go to "Settings" => “data connection” or “mobile network” => Data usage => Set a monthly billing cycle that suits you => Then tap on the toggle to activate it.

4. It is a fact that social media constitute the greatest source of data consumption for many people.

Adopting strict discipline in terms of the number of hours you spend on social media and even YouTube is one of the best ways to avoid exhausting your data quickly.

5. Another crucial factor which makes your data not to last is heavy data consuming social media features like video Autoplay.

To correct this, you will need to adjust your social media settings to reduce the amount of data they consume by switching on "Data Saver" across your Social Media accounts.

6. You also want to turn off automatic media download on WhatsApp too.

To do that, "Settings" => “Storage and Data” => tap on “media auto-download” (when using mobile data) and make sure everything is blank.

You can also enable low data usage for WhatsApp Calls too.

7. After applying the six steps above, you can also minimize the amount of money you spend on mobile data by patronizing cheaper mobile data resellers.

For instance, you can get 25gb data for a mere 6,000.

Or, a 5gb data for a mere 1,400.

So, there you have it.

Those are the different ways that you can prevent your data from finishing very fast and make it last longer.

I hope this solves the problem of mobile data finishing very fast for you.

If you would love to read the detailed and comprehensive blog post, click the link below.

How can I stop my data from finishing fast And Make It Last Longer?

(1) (Reply)

Japa Wave Hits Nigeria’s Investment Banking Industry, Construction Site / Help Needed In Setting Up A Dry Cleaning/laundrette Business. / Profiteering In Nigeria: What Is Your Opinion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.