Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,476 members, 7,897,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 02:27 AM

Hypocrisy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hypocrisy (94 Views)

The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses / Daddy Freeze: Don't Be Deceived By Hypocrisy Of Men! By Omooba77 / Hypocrisy Of the majority of Pentecostal Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hypocrisy by Myer(m): 4:19am On Sep 29, 2023
Hypocrisy

1. The contrivance of a false appearance of virtue or goodness, while concealing real character or inclinations, especially with respect to religious and moral beliefs; hence in general sense, dissimulation, pretence, sham.

2. The claim or pretense of having beliefs, standards, qualities, behaviours, virtues, motivations, etc. which one does not really have.

3. The practice of engaging in the same behaviour or activity for which one criticises another; moral self-contradiction whereby the behavior of one or more people belies their own claimed or implied possession of certain beliefs, standards or virtues.

Matt.15.7 - Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:
Matt.15.8 - "These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me.
Matt.15.9 - And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men."'

Job.13.15 - Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him. Even so, I will defend my own ways before Him.
Job.13.16 - He also shall be my salvation, For a hypocrite could not come before Him.

Prov.11.9 - The hypocrite with his mouth destroys his neighbor, But through knowledge the righteous will be delivered.

Matt.7.5 - Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Matt.23.13 - "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.
Matt.23.14 - Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.
Matt.23.15 - "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.

Matt.23.25 - "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence.

Matt.23.26 - Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Matt.23.23 - "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.
Re: Hypocrisy by Myer(m): 4:45am On Sep 29, 2023
When we read about the Pharisees and Saducees, it is easy to conclude that Jesus Christ hated them.
Yet, He did not hate all of them, but hated the hypocrites among them.

You may have been taught that God does not hate people. But that is a fallacy. God hates some people and in fact he asks us to like wise hate.

Rom.9.13 - As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated."

John.12.25 - He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

Luke.14.26 - "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple."

Pharisees and Saducess are those we know today as Ministers of God- Pastors, teachers, church workers or matured believers who should be leading by example.
And just like God, we must hate those who are hypocrites among them.

Jesus Christ hated the fact that most of them in his day, just as it is even today, who are meant to lead by example have corrupted the gospel for their own gains.
Instead of then to lead members to Christ, on the contrary, they were preventing members from entering the kingdom of God. The Word of God is Timeless.
Re: Hypocrisy by Myer(m): 5:14am On Sep 29, 2023
Jesus Christ had some secret followers among the Pharisees too.

John.3.1 - There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews.

However, the Hypocrisy among the Pharisees and Saducees was so deep and threatening that those who did not agree with then could not speak up for fear of being persecuted.

So many believers have left the church simply because what the read in the bible is not what they see bring practised in the church.
Some have even been victims of the Hypocrisy and duplicity of their church leaders.
So many ladies have been molested by pastors, prophets, youth leaders, etc.
What so many workers observe in the church among fellow workers, they can't even begin to share.

The moment you get closer to some ministers, you begin to see their human/flesh flaws and worse still you begin to observe the conflict between the Minister on the Pulpit and the Man off the pulpit.
Especially when it comes to matters of Sexual immorality, Money/Finance and Anger.
The same applies to fellow believers. The same child of God in church is a child of the world outside church.

You who went to church, to lay your weaknesses at the feet of Christ and be transformed through the help of the church may end up disppointed.
I have been a victim of this many times and it weakened my faith and cheated me of the Grace of God the minister carried because whefe there are errors my spirit simply could nor withstand.
I had backslided because I was disppointe by the people I looked up to- Pastors, Ministers and their children/family.

It us worrisome that after surviving the many temptations outside the church, it is the temptations in the church that swallows people up. Selah

It is a fearful thing to go to the House of God only to meet Pharisees and Saducees.

The church is, as they say, like a hospital. Every one including you and I, the Pastor, the other Ministers and their families are all Growing.
We are all in facing the battle between Spirit and Flesh, the warfare between the old man and the new man.

Rom.7.14 - For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom.7.18 - For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
Rom.7.19 - For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
Rom.7.20 - Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

Our salvation (redemption) may have been instant, but our sanctification (continuous cleansing) is a life time journey as we grow in the knowledge and obedience to the Word of God.

May God deliver us and His church from Hypocrisy.
For this reason, who are we to judge or condemn one another? When everyone of us has some weakness/need we are believing God to help us with- the sins that easily beset us.
The fathers of faith, including apostle Paul had their weaknesses too.

2Cor.12.7 - And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.

Let us therefore grow together in this understanding, that we are all Growing in the knowledge of Christ and Christlikeness to know and do God's will.
As you are Growing, allow others to grow as well.
Let is be intentional not be the stumbling block to others.
Do not be the reason another member falls/backslides or an unbeliever does not want to know or worship your God.

May God help us keep our focus on Jesus Christ, the Author and Finisher of our Faith in Jesus name.
Re: Hypocrisy by Myer(m): 5:59am On Sep 29, 2023
In conclusion, it is therefore, more imoortant that going to church is knowing and understanding why we are in church and Who we have come to church to meet

It is also important that you are in the right church where Mammon (money) is not the God and where the Pastor is not the God.
But where Jesus Christ is LORD and the undiluted Truth of the Word of God is preached and taught as revealed by the Holy Spirit of God.

It is a Blessing to be a member of the Body (Church) of Christ.

-To be a Child/Son of God.
-To be a Minister of God.
-To be counted among the Family of Faith and Faithfuls.

Please be intentional to be a Disciple of Christ and not a Hypocrite.
Be Straightforward and Sincere with God.
Be Straightforward and Sincere with People.
Let your focus be on Jesus.
Followi your Pastors/Ministers only as they Follow Christ. Do nor imbibe and replicate their weaknesses.

1Cor.11.1 - Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ.

Heb.12.1 - Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
Heb.12.2 - looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Re: Hypocrisy by Myer(m): 6:23am On Sep 29, 2023
Thank You Heavenly Father for the Gift of Life and Health.
Thank You for the Gift of your Precious Word and Holy Spirit.
Thank You for the Gift of Your Church and Ministers.
Thank You for the Gift of Salvation, for Loving and Saving our Souls.
Thank You for Your Grace and Mercy and Faithfulness.
Thank You because every Good Gift that we have received and that we desire comes from You.
Thank You for Your Protection and Provision.
If it had not been You on our side, the enemy and life's challenges would have consumed us.
ABBA Father, we are more than grateful, receive our thanks and worship in Jesus name.

Father, this we Know;
That Your Mercies are Sure and are New Every Morning and that Your Grace is Sufficient for Us.
Please Shower us once again with your Mercy and Show Us Your Goodness Oh LORD our God.

Let Your Presence and Your Power dwell with us, in our Going out and in our Coming in.
Shield us from every arrow of the enemy.
Deliver is from the sins that easily beset us.
Let your Holy Spirit work your desire in our lives today and always in Jesus name.
Help us and Teach us to Love You wholeheartedly. And to Love like you in Jesus name.

Supply our needs according to your riches in Glory through Christ Jesus.
Equip and Make us to become useful for your every good work for your name to be glorified and your good will be done in the Mighty and Matchless name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.

Thank You, Heavenly Father for we know you have heard us. Amen

(1) (Reply)

The Glory Of The LORD / Shalom Brethren / Things That Get In The Way Of Your Relationship With God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.