Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses (4106 Views)

How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. / 400 Jehovah's Witnesses In Angola Pass Out Due To Toxic Gas At A Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by asalimpo(m): 8:28am On May 17, 2019
The jw religion (jehovah witnesses) believe that the beast in the book of revelations is the United Nations (UN). The preach against it and condemn it in their teaching,the issue however is that for almost a decade the watchtower has been a member of the UN they condemn! How much more hypocritical could one be?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by LordReed(m): 3:45pm On May 17, 2019
asalimpo:
The jw religion (jehovah witnesses) believe that the beast in the book of revelations is the United Nations (UN). The preach against it and condemn it in their teaching,the issue however is that for almost a decade the watchtower has been a member of the UN they condemn! How much more hypocritical could one be?

What is your proof of this?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by asalimpo(m): 4:36pm On May 17, 2019
LordReed:

it's an open secret. A known fact. Many hav put forward d claim so do your homework. It's not a conspiracy to slander watch tower but an ugly truth. Do your research.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by LordReed(m): 5:08pm On May 17, 2019
asalimpo:

it's an open secret. A known fact. Many hav put forward d claim so do your homework. It's not a conspiracy to slander watch tower but an ugly truth. Do your research.

You can't come here accuse people then when asked for proof ask me to go do research. Not only is it disingenuous, it is ridiculous.

7 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by Emusan(m): 5:16pm On May 17, 2019
LordReed:

And how does this concern an Atheist?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by Emusan(m): 5:18pm On May 17, 2019
asalimpo:

You should have posted some links to support your claim.

Anyways, I got these two!

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/scarlet-beast-of-revelation-17/

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/united-nations-association.php
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by LordReed(m): 5:27pm On May 17, 2019
Emusan:

And how does this concern an Atheist?

It concerns me because I am concerned with truth.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by Emusan(m): 5:41pm On May 17, 2019
LordReed:

And what will you benefit from the truth?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by LordReed(m): 6:05pm On May 17, 2019
Emusan:

And what will you benefit from the truth?

Information and knowledge.

1 Like

Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 17, 2019
LordReed:

Information and knowledge.
Thanks for the concern shown for the TRUTH Sir!
Well, Knowledge has been defined as ~the accumulation of useful information.
While Wisdom is ~the practical application of accumulated information for lasting benefits.
I am sure you'll be interested in the both but more importantly in WISDOM due to it's lasting benefits.
There is a problem with human tradition and it has held billions hostage for centuries, so there is a group working around the clock to help people break free from all these traditions, not just because the traditions are burdensome but it's killing people out of ignorance and misinformation!
I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses[the global group that is doing this fine work] smiley
!
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by LordReed(m): 6:46pm On May 17, 2019
Maximus69:
Thanks for the concern shown for the TRUTH Sir!
Well, Knowledge has been defined as ~the accumulation of useful information.
While Wisdom is ~the practical application of accumulated information for lasting benefits.
I am sure you'll be interested in the both but more importantly in WISDOM due to it's lasting benefits.
There is a problem with human tradition and it has held billions hostage for centuries, so there is a group working around the clock to help people break free from all these traditions, not just because the traditions are burdensome but it's killing people out of ignorance and misinformation!
I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses[the global group that is doing this fine work] smiley
!

I am an atheist and I see no reason to believe any of the things your organisation teaches.

2 Likes

Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by asalimpo(m): 6:49pm On May 17, 2019
Emusan:

like i said,do your research. This is an open blatant secret just like the child pedophilia scandal and the reluctance of the watchtower to deliver the names of offenders to justice. Or will you say i should provide links for those too! You provide links from jw,what dyu expect them to say?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 17, 2019
LordReed:

I am an atheist and I see no reason to believe any of the things your organisation teaches.
That's note worthy Sir!
The word BELIEVE connotes what is known and can be trusted so if you don't know the benefit of anything, surely you can't vouch for such a thing.
I fully understand why you SEE NO REASONS TO BELIEVE WHAT YOU CAN'T NOTICE THE BENEFITS!
You don't need to believe the switch on the wall before touching it to turn darkness into light because you're already used to it's benefits.
Some centuries ago, if an intellectual is asked whether he believes that ordinarily touching something on the wall can bring light, he will surely say NO!
But here we are today, even my 5 years grandson will point to the switch telling me to turn on the light! smiley
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by asalimpo(m): 7:07pm On May 17, 2019
@Lordreeds emusan

if you dont want to believe the truth no amount of proof will sway you.

So what proof is sufficient to prove tht watchtower is a cult?
Testimony of ex-jws? Of course you can shoot those down as the rant of disgruntled fellows trying to sully the name of "God's chosen" organisation.

3) written documnt from the UN proving jw was their member? C'mon tht as easy as you proving via dna test tht your parents really are who they say they are?

My proof is the testimony of ex-jws.
Many ex jws and non jws have claimed this.

You want links i'll give you. Besides this is a dirty secret watchtower has been trying to hide nd sweep under d carpet.

Think of it,an org that will not release names of child molesters to govt despite fines will do what about it's double talk?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by asalimpo(m): 7:18pm On May 17, 2019
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by asalimpo(m): 7:22pm On May 17, 2019
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by asalimpo(m): 7:25pm On May 17, 2019
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by asalimpo(m): 7:31pm On May 17, 2019
Excerpts: "Jehovah's Witnesses link to UN queried Sect accused of hypocrisy over association with organisation it has demonised. “The United Nations is being asked to investigate why it has granted associate status to the Jehovah's Witnesses, the fundamentalist US-based Christian sect, which regards it as the scarlet beast predicted in the Book of Revelation. Disaffected members of the 6m-strong group, which has 130,000 followers in the UK, have accused the Witnesses' elderly governing body of hypocrisy in secretly accepting links with an organisation that they continue to denounce in apocalyptic terms. The UN itself admitted yesterday that it was surprised that the sect, whose formal name is the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, had been accepted on its list of non-governmental organisations for the last 10 years.”"
https://www.watchtowerlies.com/watchtower_and_un_10_years_relationship.html
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by LordReed(m): 7:36pm On May 17, 2019
Maximus69:
That's note worthy Sir!
The word BELIEVE connotes what is known and can be trusted so if you don't know the benefit of anything, surely you can't vouch for such a thing.
I fully understand why you SEE NO REASONS TO BELIEVE WHAT YOU CAN'T NOTICE THE BENEFITS!
You don't need to believe the switch on the wall before touching it to turn darkness into light because you're already used to it's benefits.
Some centuries ago, if an intellectual is asked whether he believes that ordinarily touching something on the wall can bring light, he will surely say NO!
But here we are today, even my 5 years grandson will point to the switch telling me to turn on the light! smiley

It would have been good if the core of your beliefs have any demonstration in reality like the obvious light switch. I don't need belief in any god(s) to live a good life or to be a good person.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by asalimpo(m): 7:37pm On May 17, 2019

Jehovah's Witnesses and the United
Nations: How the Watchtower Society
Fooled Millions (Paperback)

https://www.amazon.com/Jehovahs-Witnesses-United-Nations-Watchtower/dp/1466387602
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 17, 2019
LordReed:

It would have been good if the core of your beliefs have any demonstration in reality like the obvious light switch. I don't need belief in any god(s) to live a good life or to be a good person.
That's another aspect worth considering Sir!
I am a black man and my forefathers traded with the white men for centuries before the colonisation.
Now let us examine the benefits of their dealings back then, but before that let's consider the demerits thereof.
¤ The white man needs workers on his plantation so my ancestors sold of my black brothers into slavery!
¤ Most of my brothers died of hunger and cold in the the ship!
¤ Few of them got there and were resold to new owners who do kill some that's stubborn or lazy!
¤ My brothers never knew their way back home so that is how they ended their lives!
Now the benefits.
* My ancestors got items like mirror, sandals and jewelries to replace their native beads!
* White men keep coming to do other trades with them!
* Later the white men decided to colonise my ancestors and war broke out so that the white started ruling over our kings!
* They started training my brothers to read and write!
* They brought their own gods and condemned our own!
* They taught us how to organize our society!
* Many of my brother started schooling becoming doctors, lawyers, engineers, teachers and so on!
* They handed over the government back in the hands of my brothers but diplomatically ruling them undergroung!
Today most of the technological advancements if not all comes from the white men.
So in a nutshell we've gained much more than what we lost!
Please in anything under the sun you gain some and loose some, there is no gain without pain!
Before the switch was SUCCESSFULLY installed, many people have died in the research for electricity! Today you and i don't give a Bleep about those that lost their lives during the process, what we all want is RESULT!
Well their is fine results in what my group is teaching people globally, you only need to calm down to see if the teachings has any lasting benefits or just like other religions with no real benefits! wink
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by jay2019: 8:09pm On May 17, 2019
The book of Matthew 23:1-36 describe them better.
Matthew 12:24-39, those are the kind of questions they will ask you if they want to confuse you.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by LordReed(m): 8:14pm On May 17, 2019
Maximus69:

That's another aspect worth considering Sir!
I am a black man and my forefathers traded with the white men for centuries before the colonisation.
Now let us examine the benefits of their dealings back then, but before that let's consider the demerits thereof.
¤ The white man needs workers on his plantation so my ancestors sold of my black brothers into slavery!
¤ Most of my brothers died of hunger and cold in the the ship!
¤ Few of them got there and were resold to new owners who do kill some that's stubborn or lazy!
¤ My brothers never knew their way back home so that is how they ended their lives!
Now the benefits.
* My ancestors got items like mirror, sandals and jewelries to replace their native beads!
* White men keep coming to do other trades with them!
* Later the white men decided to colonise my ancestors and war broke out so that the white started ruling over our kings!
* They started training my brothers to read and write!
* They brought their own gods and condemned our own!
* They taught us how to organize our society!
* Many of my brother started schooling becoming doctors, lawyers, engineers, teachers and so on!
* They handed over the government back in the hands of my brothers but diplomatically ruling them undergroung!
Today most of the technological advancements if not all comes from the white men.
So in a nutshell we've gained much more than what we lost!
Please in anything under the sun you gain some and loose some, there is no gain without pain!
Before the switch was SUCCESSFULLY installed, many people have died in the research for electricity! Today you and i don't give a Bleep about those that lost their lives during the process, what we all want is RESULT!
Well their is fine results in what my group is teaching people globally, you only need to calm down to see if the teachings has any lasting benefits or just like other religions with no real benefits! wink

I have no use for any fairytale based systems. Your organisation's teachings are based on Jewish mythological accounts, it has no use to me. While I can definitely appreciate their beauty as works of literary art, they are outdated and outmoded as systems by which to live by.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 17, 2019
LordReed:

I have no use for any fairytale based systems. Your organisation's teachings are based on Jewish mythological accounts, it has no use to me. While I can definitely appreciate their beauty as works of literary art, they are outdated and outmoded as systems by which to live by.
That is exactly what i'm saying Sir!
There will always be something to appreciate in whatever humans gather to do but the most important part: is it beneficial to all concerned?
You said earlier that you're interested in information and knowledge.
Wel, a wise man defined knowledge as power and we all know that power connotes the ability to do work, and work is something that is done to benefit all both concerned and those not concerned! wink
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by Emusan(m): 8:57pm On May 17, 2019
asalimpo:

like i said,do your research. This is an open blatant secret just like the child pedophilia scandal and the reluctance of the watchtower to deliver the names of offenders to justice. Or will you say i should provide links for those too! You provide links from jw,what dyu expect them to say?

It's evident you didn't grab my message.

The first link I provided shows that JWs actually claimed UN is the beast of revelation while the second link finished us with evidence of JWs once be a member of the said UN NGO...

Look at how a JWs person leaves the main issue of this thread and start to attack strawman just to divert our attention from the subject matter.
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by asalimpo(m): 9:28pm On May 17, 2019
Emusan:

It's evident you didn't grab my message.

The first link I provided shows that JWs actually claimed UN is the beast of revelation while the second link finished us with evidence of JWs once be a member of the said UN NGO...

Look at how a JWs person leaves the main issue of this thread and start to attack strawman just to divert our attention from the subject matter.
ok. I didnt know your affiliation. Thought you were jw.
Any honest jw should run for life from this cult in light of the blatant hypocrisy of this sect. It will require boldness n bravery but it's possible.
Litany of failed prophecies-each time it flops they explain it away.
- blatant lying and deception on the UN association.
- bullying of members who become curious nd questioning when the Bible God actively invites all to probe Him ...
Etc
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by Shepherd00: 9:56pm On May 17, 2019
LordReed:

What is Truth? And why shd a hateful atheist, or better put, a demon possessed freak be concerned with Christian matters JW or otherwise?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by Shepherd00: 9:57pm On May 17, 2019
LordReed:

Why then are you here oh Freak?
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by Janosky: 12:42am On May 18, 2019
Emusan:

asalimpo:

Jehovah's Witnesses and the United
Nations: How the Watchtower Society
Fooled Millions (Paperback)

https://www.amazon.com/Jehovahs-Witnesses-United-Nations-Watchtower/dp/1466387602

Lying Pharisees and hypocrites una food dun done.

JW matter dey disturb una brain sottayy any copy and paste falsehood una see online go dey give una wet dream.

Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by Janosky: 12:58am On May 18, 2019
asalimpo:

Hypocrite and lying Pharisee, I challenge you to name just one pedophile and rapist in your Church that you have exposed and brought to justice.

Also, show us strong evidence here that you have exposed and publicly reprimanded the serial adulterous pastorpreneurs in your Churches who defile young girls and defile the marriage beds of their gullible flocks.

Deluded bigot !
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by LordReed(m): 2:01am On May 18, 2019
Shepherd00:

What is Truth? And why shd a hateful atheist, or better put, a demon possessed freak be concerned with Christian matters JW or otherwise?

Hypocrite, you came to validate your hypocrisy ain't it? LMAO!
Re: The Hypocrisy Of the jehovah witnesses by LordReed(m): 2:04am On May 18, 2019
Shepherd00:

Why then are you here oh Freak?

The response that fits you is to crush you with a slipper and flush you down the toilet, roach.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Chewing Gum A Sin Before God? / What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc / Please Can Anybody Explain This? Am Not Here To Argue!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.