Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,137 members, 7,860,085 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:18 AM

Business Owner/entrepreneur Series - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Owner/entrepreneur Series (79 Views)

Are You A Small Business Owner/entrepreneur Looking For Empowerment Funds? / Are You A Small Business Owner/entrepreneur Looking For Empowerment Funds? / 6 Bitter Truths No One Ever Told You About Being A Small Business Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Business Owner/entrepreneur Series by Udechukwufriday(m): 4:44am On Sep 29, 2023
BUSINESS OWNER/ENTREPRENEUR SERIES

Welcome back to the business owner/entrepreneur series, where I give advice on how to get through obstacles in your path to success if you're a struggling business owner or entrepreneur.

So today I'm going to talk about one of the difficulties that business owners and entrepreneurs often encounter, which is time management.

--------------

I understand how frustrating it may be to have too much to accomplish and too little time as a business owner or entrepreneur. In fact, I'm confident that you are more accustomed to that sensation than you would like.

What if I, however, told you that there is a technique to make those 24 hours every day seem like more than enough? Sadly, I don't possess a time machine either. I'm referring to the admirable practice of time management.

What Is Time Management, First of All?

Briefly put, time management is the process of organising, planning, and carefully regulating the amount of time you devote to particular tasks.

Even with short deadlines and a never-ending list of tasks, time management can help you accomplish more in less time.

Here are just a few advantages of time management for business owners and entrepreneurs:

• Improve your efficiency and self-assurance.

• Enjoy your work and achieve greater outcomes.

• Meet delivery dates and timelines.

• Less worry and stress

My Top 6 Time Management Tips for Entrepreneurs and Business Owners

1. Figure out your golden hour.

Do you know what time of the day you're most productive? Are you a night owl, an early bird, or do you prefer to be in the middle? Understanding how you work best and organising your day to work well together are the foundations of time management.

For your most crucial and urgent duties, reserve your most productive window of time. During your least productive hours, you can work on less strenuous tasks like admin.

2. Have a strategy.

Now is the time to start using a calendar app or keeping a diary, if you don't already. Whatever you decide, make sure it's always within reach. You might even choose to use a blank sheet of paper.

It's a great idea to schedule your days for the coming week so you can prioritise your most critical chores and manage your time effectively.

Plot any future deadlines and your most crucial chores first, and then prioritise your less urgent activities.

Additionally, keep in mind that you are a human being and not a computer when scheduling breaks and buffers.

3. Quit multitasking and concentrate on one activity.

The untold truth about multitasking has been exposed: Multitasking is a fiction, I say again, Multitasking is a fiction.

Yes, You read that correctly.

One thing at a time is all that your brain is capable of handling. Therefore, if you try to accomplish more, you'll continually change your focus, which will make it take even longer to finish both activities.

The answer? Concentrate your efforts on a single task at a time. You can proceed to the next task when it is finished. Try it out to discover how effective and fun it is.

4. Take away all distractions.

We've all experienced a day—or several—when we were completely sidetracked from the work-related task at hand.

Even though you really want to finish this damn thing and a deadline is approaching, it just isn't going to happen.

Finding out what tends to distract you is the first step in reducing distractions.

Your desk phone is buzzing. Chattering employees all around you? Screaming children in the background? Panda bears flying down a slide in YouTube videos

Once you are aware of your triggers, you can take steps to lessen them. For instance:

• Disconnect from the internet and work without it.

• Place your phone out of sight or in airplane mode.

• Put on headphones to block out ambient noise.

Since you probably already know how to help yourself, so in Nike words "just doing it."

5. Take a rest.

How can you sleep when there are so many things to accomplish? You might wonder.

I understand what you're saying and am aware of how simple it is to let your work consume your entire life. Yes, you must put in a lot of effort, but you must also care for yourself.

You won't be able to perform at your peak level in your business or in any other aspect of your life if you let your physical and mental health deteriorate.

Even though it may seem contradictory, getting enough sleep and enjoying some downtime will be beneficial for both you and your company.

Therefore, make sure you schedule five to ten minutes of downtime every hour to help you break up your day. Each night, get enough rest.

Give yourself permission to occasionally take a day off. Your company will be OK, I promise you.

6. Focus on what works for you.

Because everyone manages their time differently, the most crucial thing when it comes to time management is to find what works for you. Whatever you want from this list, take it or leave it.

Start by putting one of these tactics into practice, then monitor your progress. Allow yourself to let go if something isn't working for you. Once you've identified the best tools and techniques, make sure you stick with them and regularly incorporate them into your day.

Start using some of this advice right now. Accept starting small. Keep your focus and add one tip per day. You'll soon stop saying "I don't have enough time" completely.

-----------

I hope this helps you and most importantly, share with me your thoughts in the comment section below.

So, watch out for another BUSINESS OWNERS/ENTREPRENEUR SERIES next Friday.

-------------

My name is Friday Udechukwu

I'm all about helping you succeed in the online world 🌐💼

PS - If you want to grow your online business or start one from the comfort of your home. I'd love to help.

- Join my Whatsapp community where i share premium tips on Business and Money, Personal Development and Motivation by adding me up via my Whatsapp number: +2348089818850

- Don't forget to follow me if you got value from this post and click on the bell 🔔 icon if you don't want to miss out on more valuable content like this.

#FridayUdechukwu #Finance #Marketing #Nairaland

(1) (Reply)

Enhance Your Gaming Experience With Best Blockchain Game Development Company / State Govts Borrow N46.17bn From Banks To Pay Salaries Over Economic Crisis / Sure, Here's A Brief Overview Of How Each Of These Methods Can Potentially Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.