Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,371 members, 7,829,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences (17017 Views)

LASEPA Shuts Down Lennox Mall, Sailor Lounge, Etc For Environmental Pollution / Peter Obi Causes Pandemonium At Ladipo Market As He Campaign For GRV / Plateau State Closes All Entry And Exit Points (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by gabbytabby: 9:12am On Sep 29, 2023
Na one Okoro take matter to court I guess she no like clean environment. For what reason I don’t know they just like to dey look for trouble up and down

They now have a law and should reintroduce it.

inoki247:
Lol Oyingbo few days ago now Ladipo.,..

To maintain a clean environment in all diz market area is a taboo I guess...

And can the Lagos state just appeal the judgment that ban Last Saturday Monthly environmental or Pass it into Law....
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by famology(m): 9:15am On Sep 29, 2023
Very dirty market
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Chibuzoripob: 9:26am On Sep 29, 2023
sad Kanu called those people 🐖🐖🐖s.
Latakia:
They want to turn Ladipo to a dirty city like Abia. Ajegunle, Ago Palace, Ojo and Abulado are dirty area because of the occupants who see nothing wrong when they call them dirty people.
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by samuel9000: 9:40am On Sep 29, 2023
Keep quiet, am I the one dirty it?

Xxxxtentacion2:
See as Lagos dirty... the eldorado that tinubu built.. i shame for apc supporters...
Modified: to those wretched souls tagging me igbo. Anybody that says the truth is always igbo. What is the point of democracy if you all cant criticise the government.
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Emekaonline: 9:42am On Sep 29, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
See as Lagos dirty... the eldorado that tinubu built.. i shame for apc supporters...
Modified: to those wretched souls tagging me igbo. Anybody that says the truth is always igbo. What is the point of democracy if you all cant criticise the government.

The same way that anyone that says the truth is always Yoruba muslims to many fools
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by IjebuWarrior: 9:44am On Sep 29, 2023
Ladipo na where those filthy ungrateful Okoro Savages destroyed, and great kudos to the Lagos gov't for making this great move.

Very dirty pigs 🐖. Swines at best... close the damn market and send all Okoro Cannibals back to their useless jungle in the SE. angry
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Tommydare(m): 9:45am On Sep 29, 2023
Nonsense. Na only igbos dey ladipo? Always
playing the victim card.
opalu:
Oppressed at home, Oppressed outside. May God help, bless and multiply the Igbo businessmen.
Dorty that is everyone on Lagos roads......
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by MzansiCoolio: 9:49am On Sep 29, 2023
...bathong samantha124 see filthy nigerian mall oo since shoprite left with its escalators shocked shocked shocked look how your Nigerian boos dey live grin grin grin
even the skies look apocalyptic! shocked shocked shocked

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by maintenant: 9:50am On Sep 29, 2023
ecolime:
Ladipo market is a huge mess. The whole place is just too filthy.

I hope they don't tribalize this thread.
It is not about tribalizing anything...

Lagos is just a cash cow for the all the governors to toy with without proferring a lasting solution to the problems bedevilling the city.

Go to Calabar and see gigantic waste disposal troughs strategically placed at designated places.

The waste disposal trucks come at night to evacuate the troughs and the city is kept clean.

What happened to adopting a similar strategy and setting up a refuse levy collection task force which would be tasked with making collections and locking the shops of defaulters?

What we are seeing in Ladipo is that anytime that the state government feels that they are not getting the requisite political patronage from the traders in the market, the next you will hear is the summary closure of the market.

Someday people will leave Lagos and these elements who play politics with almost everything would then know better...
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by danielistics(m): 9:51am On Sep 29, 2023
Normal them supposed lock almost every street for Lagos, till they finish satisfactory clean up. People dey live like pigs.
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by EmmyNorse(m): 9:53am On Sep 29, 2023
This people want hungry to finish me, of all days to close the market na today una close am. wey I broke like this 😪 😒 😕
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 29, 2023
I think it's the market... Kana what's the difference between a market and a complex?
MzansiCoolio:
...bathong samantha124 see filthy nigerian mall oo since shoprite left with its escalators shocked shocked shocked look how your Nigerian boos dey live grin grin grin
even the skies look apocalyptic! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Goodvibes007: 9:56am On Sep 29, 2023
Midehi3:
Dirty state, but closing many markets, depriving people of their livelihood, if thieves come many now, they will be complaining, they should close Alaba too, close tradefair
The LASG does not tolerate their state being turned into a pigsty.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by jahsharon: 9:59am On Sep 29, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:

Ladipo market is where we have your brothers that ran away from Igbo land

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by creativehubb: 10:00am On Sep 29, 2023
So dirty
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by MzansiCoolio: 10:01am On Sep 29, 2023
Samantha124:
I think it's the market... Kana what's the difference between a market and a complex?

akere they dont have malls abo giant of africa.This is how they shop. Shoprite used to zama them but it left coz abo giant of africa are too poor & dey just used shoprite escalators for joyride

This was 2018, not 1918 grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by FireUpNow(m): 10:09am On Sep 29, 2023
What's the purpose of LAWMA?
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Hanndye: 10:10am On Sep 29, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
Lagos has not known democracy after 1999.
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 29, 2023
Lol.. Don't you think it's still way too early for your violence...🤣🤣🤣

Because I'm not ready to fight fire with fire...😂😂😂
MzansiCoolio:

akere they dont have malls abo giant of africa.This is how they shop. Shoprite used to zama them but it left coz abo giant of africa are too poor & dey just used shoprite escalators for joyride

This was 2018, not 1918 grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Mustack: 10:14am On Sep 29, 2023
Nwodosis:
The Bulabans at work! Closing markets that are generating daily revenue? You may think that you are punishing somebody but you are indirectly punishing yourself. Why not engage a body that will be clearing the refuse generated by the market while occupants of the market pay for it?

We complain about bad government but mostly we're the problems of ourselves..

I have close alliance with ladipo and all the traders pay minimum of N700 to N1000 base on engagement by those illegal task force all in the name of baba oja.. something is needed to be done to curb these menace.
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by tamdun: 10:16am On Sep 29, 2023
Smithkafors:
Did you provide waste bags for the masses?…how efficient is your waste disposals ?.
U want Lagos state to provide waste bags for profit making businesses? Nawa

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Mustack: 10:16am On Sep 29, 2023
Smithkafors:
Did you provide waste bags for the masses?…how efficient is your waste disposals ?.

Do the remit there dues
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by emmy512: 10:17am On Sep 29, 2023
Nwodosis:
The Bulabans at work! Closing markets that are generating daily revenue? You may think that you are punishing somebody but you are indirectly punishing yourself. Why not engage a body that will be clearing the refuse generated by the market while occupants of the market pay for it?
It was stated that they also didn't pay for waste disposal services

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by tamdun: 10:20am On Sep 29, 2023
opalu:
Oppressed at home, Oppressed outside. May God help, bless and multiply the Igbo businessmen.
Dorty that is everyone on Lagos roads......
If u guys continued this way,every tribe in Nigeria will hate you,this same govt close alayabiagba(boundary) market full of Yoruba people and no one is crying.
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Zezco(m): 10:24am On Sep 29, 2023
Good, before they start saying rubbish like Lagos na slum.
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Caleb15(m): 10:25am On Sep 29, 2023
Ember don show, men need the Avian
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by Hanndye: 10:28am On Sep 29, 2023
emmy512:

It was stated that they also didn't pay for waste disposal services
Do you know how much they have been asked to pay?
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by NAC1666: 10:29am On Sep 29, 2023
Lanrelagboi:
FLASH: The Commissioner for the Environment and Water Resources, Mr. Tokunbo Wahab, has ordered immediate closure of Ladipo Market, Mushin, for several environmental offences including, reckless waste disposal, unhygienic premises, non-payment of waste bills, among others.

After collecting daily revenue and sanitation levies,you still expect the treaders to carry the waste bins to there houses?. Just tell us you are looking for a way to revoke the market land. I saw this coming
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by MzansiCoolio: 10:31am On Sep 29, 2023
Samantha124:
Lol.. Don't you think it's still way too early for your violence...🤣🤣🤣

Because I'm not ready to fight fire with fire...😂😂😂

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin its never too early
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by tarboshi(m): 10:31am On Sep 29, 2023
What is the work of LAWMA?
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by okoroemeka(m): 10:35am On Sep 29, 2023
daygee12:

Let's close Ladipo Market first
closing the market because of refuse disposal is like throwing away the dirty bathwater with the baby inside,has it solved the waste problem?but the action itself will be translated by many as ethnic prejudice which is likely because I have not heard about the Lagos government close were northerners are selling cow and goats or are they not dirtier than ladipo?and for government to say they cannot collect waste disposal bill is laughable and a jest,from pictures seen there is no refuse bins avalible and it is dumped on the ground,if the waste managers cannot provide a refuse bins how can they provide a refuse truck and labour,if it is difficult for them to collect bills from individual shops while not they work with the market authority to get such money's for them
Re: Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences by daygee12: 10:37am On Sep 29, 2023
okoroemeka:
closing the market because of refuse disposal is like throwing away the dirty bathwater with the baby inside,has it solved the waste problem?but the action itself will be translated by many as ethnic prejudice which is likely because I have not heard about the Lagos government close were northerners are selling cow and goats or are they not dirtier than ladipo?and for government to say they cannot collect waste disposal bill is laughable and a jest,from pictures seen there is no refuse bins avalible and it is dumped on the ground,if the waste managers cannot provide a refuse bins how can they provide a refuse truck and labour,if it is difficult for them to collect bills from individual shops while not they work with the market authority to get such money's for them

Just be justifying rubbish oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari And ‘The Change We Need’? - Ochereome Nnanna / Clerk’s Appointment: N’assembly Service Commission Rejects Saraki’s Directive / Abdullahi Abubakar Maiwanka Flees With Mace In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.