Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,567 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Erisco Founder Alleges Banks Demand N70/$1 Bribe Before Forex Allocation - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Erisco Founder Alleges Banks Demand N70/$1 Bribe Before Forex Allocation (166 Views)

Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story / Banks Demand Central Bank Code For Accepting Old Naira Note Deposit / Form A: UK Universities Suspend Nigerian Students; Bank Staff Take ₦400k Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Erisco Founder Alleges Banks Demand N70/$1 Bribe Before Forex Allocation by Emmbanny(m): 1:18pm On Sep 29, 2023
how he has been supporting his business from his foreign investments. He then narrated how difficult it has been for his business to have access to dollars while accusing CBN led by its then Governor, Godwin Emefiele, of racketeering.

News continues after this ad

“For the past 5 years, I haven’t gotten credit in Nigeria, no loan. For the past 3 years, I haven’t gotten one dollar in foreign exchange.
They didn’t give me dollars and I don’t want to compromise, that’s why they don’t like me. Central Bank is hearing me, if they gave me one dollar call me bastard.”
Explaining how the racketeering works, he said:

“Then, money (dollars) was N420, N410, N440, if you want to get like $1 million, you are going to part with N40, N50, N70 that would not reflect, and your bank would not know.
You just pay them (CBN), and you get it. I said I don’t want to do that in my own country. Big racketeering and everybody knows. Ask big manufacturers, they know.”
Re: Erisco Founder Alleges Banks Demand N70/$1 Bribe Before Forex Allocation by LikeAking: 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2023
Beware of bald headed men….
Re: Erisco Founder Alleges Banks Demand N70/$1 Bribe Before Forex Allocation by RepoMan007: 1:57pm On Sep 29, 2023
Why give you at that rate (N410 + N70 = N480) when they can go to black market and resell for over N700?

Maybe the process is too tedious to circumvent for our civil workers then.
Re: Erisco Founder Alleges Banks Demand N70/$1 Bribe Before Forex Allocation by tommy589(m): 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2023
RepoMan007:
Why give you at that rate (N410 + N70 = N480) when they can go to black market and resell for over N700?

Maybe the process is too tedious to circumvent for our civil workers then.

I think the legitimate demands from manufacturers makes the paperwork easier to defend
Re: Erisco Founder Alleges Banks Demand N70/$1 Bribe Before Forex Allocation by SavageResponse(m): 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2023
The man did not lie, I can confirm his statement!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

1pounds Sterling To Naira Is How Much In The Market? / Uber Announces Major ‘verification’ Change And Customers May Have To Show ID / Certificate Of Capital Importation For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.