Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

The Topic Of Debate Is: Who Takes Better Care Of Their Wife The Igbo Or Yoruba? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Topic Of Debate Is: Who Takes Better Care Of Their Wife The Igbo Or Yoruba? (411 Views)

Afolasade Ashley Afolakemi: Is New Wife The Cause Of Ooni's Divorce? (Photos) / Igbo OR Ibo? What You Should Know. / Red Ibo In Jamaica: A Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Topic Of Debate Is: Who Takes Better Care Of Their Wife The Igbo Or Yoruba? by LagosReporters: 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2023
The topic of debate is: Who takes better care of their wife the Igbo or Yoruba people?

What is the relationship between Igbo and Yoruba people?

The Yoruba and the Igbo share a lot more than similar mythic origins. They are the oldest inhabitants of the areas they live in. In other words, the Yoruba and the Igbo are indigenous to the geographical area called β€œNigeria”. It has also been argued that both groups are of a singular ancestry.

READ MORE HERE: https://lagosreporters.com/2023/09/29/the-topic-of-debate-is-who-takes-better-care-of-their-wife-the-igbo-or-yoruba-people/

Re: The Topic Of Debate Is: Who Takes Better Care Of Their Wife The Igbo Or Yoruba? by Ofemmanu1: 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2023
Nonsense..
Re: The Topic Of Debate Is: Who Takes Better Care Of Their Wife The Igbo Or Yoruba? by Benekkk: 2:24pm On Sep 29, 2023
Ridiculous to the extreme! Is it a tribal or cultural issue? There are good and bad husbands everywhere!
Re: The Topic Of Debate Is: Who Takes Better Care Of Their Wife The Igbo Or Yoruba? by LikeAking: 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2023
Igbo n Yoruba.
Re: The Topic Of Debate Is: Who Takes Better Care Of Their Wife The Igbo Or Yoruba? by illicit(m): 3:08pm On Sep 29, 2023
I like Igbo girls

Dated two, would have married one but her mum always speak igbo whenever I am in their house, despite the fact that she also speaks Yoruba and pidgin

I didn't feel welcome

πŸ˜”

1 Like

Re: The Topic Of Debate Is: Who Takes Better Care Of Their Wife The Igbo Or Yoruba? by LagosReporters: 6:56pm On Sep 29, 2023
grin
illicit:
I like Igbo girls

Dated two, would have married one but her mum always speak igbo whenever I am in their house, despite the fact that she also speaks Yoruba and pidgin

I didn't feel welcome

πŸ˜”

1 Like

Re: The Topic Of Debate Is: Who Takes Better Care Of Their Wife The Igbo Or Yoruba? by world123: 9:02am On Oct 06, 2023
This topic doesn't make any sense
Re: The Topic Of Debate Is: Who Takes Better Care Of Their Wife The Igbo Or Yoruba? by RedboneSmith(m): 3:48pm On Oct 06, 2023
illicit:
I like Igbo girls

I didn't feel welcome

πŸ˜”

Harmless question: Why is it that some of you feel threatened or discriminated against or unwelcome when people speak their own language around you, even when they are not talking directly to you? This is something I've observed repeatedly in my personal life.

Meanwhile, I've been in many spaces where Yoruba people speak Yoruba among themselves knowing that I don't understand the language. In fact, it seems to be a norm in all the Yoruba spaces that I have ever found myself. It happened even in the last place that I worked. There were five Yoruba and three non-Yorubas and all we heard in the office all day was Yoruba. It never bothered me. No be me una dey talk to. When you want to talk to me you speak the one I go understand. Until then, feel free to carry on in your language; I am not offended.

Why is it that you people are not able to take what you dish? A woman speaks her own language to people who understand it, in her own house, when no be you she dey talk to, and you feel unwelcome?

1 Like

Re: The Topic Of Debate Is: Who Takes Better Care Of Their Wife The Igbo Or Yoruba? by illicit(m): 3:59pm On Oct 06, 2023
RedboneSmith:

Harmless question: Why is it that some of you feel threatened or discriminated against or unwelcome when people speak their own language around you, even when they are not talking directly to you? This is something I've observed repeatedly in my personal life.

Meanwhile, I've been in many spaces where Yoruba people speak Yoruba among themselves knowing that I don't understand the language. In fact, it seems to be a norm in all the Yoruba spaces that I have ever found myself. It happened even in the last place that I worked. There were five Yoruba and three non-Yorubas and all we heard in the office all day was Yoruba. It never bothered me. No be me una dey talk to. When you want to talk to me you speak the one I go understand. Until then, feel free to carry on in your language; I am not offended.

Why is it that you people are not able to take what you dish? A woman speaks her own language to people who understand it, in her own house, when no be you she dey talk to, and you feel unwelcome?

You don't understand

Don't force it

(1) (Reply)

Davido's PA Isreal DMW Has Strong Egyptian - Kemet Gene / That Has Only Intercepted / Fewer Greenhouse Gases Than Almond

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.