Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,113 members, 7,811,131 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Please I Need Help On My 2006 Sienna - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please I Need Help On My 2006 Sienna (364 Views)

HELP!!!!!ABS Actuator Sensor Problem On My 2006 Camry / My 2006 Bank Type Toyota Corolla Consumes Much Fuel With AC / SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! Tokunbo 2006 Sienna Must Sell 1.8m Whatsapp: 08036168946 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help On My 2006 Sienna by Incognito21: 8:09pm On Sep 29, 2023
My car is barely a year, I celebrated this car with my nairaland family last year. My mechanic wants to damage my car out of careless, my radiator had a leak so I went to fix it, , the mechanic that lose the radiator in order for the radiator man to fix and wash the radiator, in the process the radiator man used a tube conver to block the gearbox host that’s in the radiator so after putting the radiator my mechanic forgot to remove the tube and went and put the host to gearbox, so yesterday I drove the car for quite a distance I noticed smoke coming from my exhaust and bonnet, I stopped to check it couldn’t find the issue I called mechanic and he said oil. Is leaking from gearbox from the host that he has corrected it, I went on my Way, after some distance my car was in Drive but making noise and not moving, I parked it, calling my mechanic I discovered the tube conver was blocking the host, I went and bought atf sea horse dextron III 6liters on his advice for me to add to the gear box, after this my gear was selecting fine, but while I driving it makes loud noise but accelerate slowly even on 40 50, please gurus what should I do. Gearbox man I met said, the fiber have burnt that I have to buy fiber and also gearbox oil, but my car selects well, reverse well only drive is slow and makes loud acceleration noise but moves slowly even on 50, please I need help and answers, I’m feeling well now

Re: Please I Need Help On My 2006 Sienna by Incognito21: 8:12pm On Sep 29, 2023
Please someone who have idea contribute, it’s a 2006 Toyota sienna
Re: Please I Need Help On My 2006 Sienna by jimts(m): 8:41pm On Sep 29, 2023
Incognito21:
My car is barely a year, I celebrated this car with my nairaland family last year. My mechanic wants to damage my car out of careless, my radiator had a leak so I went to fix it, , the mechanic that lose the radiator in order for the radiator man to fix and wash the radiator, in the process the radiator man used a tube conver to block the gearbox host that’s in the radiator so after putting the radiator my mechanic forgot to remove the tube and went and put the host to gearbox, so yesterday I drove the car for quite a distance I noticed smoke coming from my exhaust and bonnet, I stopped to check it couldn’t find the issue I called mechanic and he said oil. Is leaking from gearbox from the host that he has corrected it, I went on my Way, after some distance my car was in Drive but making noise and not moving, I parked it, calling my mechanic I discovered the tube conver was blocking the host, I went and bought atf sea horse dextron III 6liters on his advice for me to add to the gear box, after this my gear was selecting fine, but while I driving it makes loud noise but accelerate slowly even on 40 50, please gurus what should I do. Gearbox man I met said, the fiber have burnt that I have to buy fiber and also gearbox oil, but my car selects well, reverse well only drive is slow and makes loud acceleration noise but moves slowly even on 50, please I need help and answers, I’m feeling well now

What was the reason for "washing" the radiator?

The chances of fixing a leaking radiator permanently are very minimal. You should have simply changed the radiator altogether.

My recommendations;
Replace radiator
Replace the 2 transmission coolant hoses
Replace the transmission (gearbox)

Any other alternative will only end costing more money eventually + frustration.

Oh, and lastly..sack your mecho!

AutoJando

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Help On My 2006 Sienna by Dozieson(m): 9:08pm On Sep 29, 2023
Incognito21:

Let me be frank with you.

Your precious car gear maybe gone. And the cost of replacement will be about 500-700k.
Your mechanic is very wicked or incompetent. The gear maybe burnt due to lack of oil and wrong oil was used to top it.

Now scan and share codes here.

My advise to people here is that, always use professional mechanics to avoid pains at the end. Also, seek for advice before carrying out some repairs you are not familiar with
Re: Please I Need Help On My 2006 Sienna by ThatIgboBoy: 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2023
This is a real problem.
Re: Please I Need Help On My 2006 Sienna by emy77: 10:00pm On Sep 29, 2023
Op so sorry for yr predicament, but let me share my story with you.

In 2019, I had just bought a 2007 honda accord v6 with a perfectly working gear. I drove the car with my family all the way to warri from Lagos. On the way around sagamu, I noticed the D transmission light blinking. I stopped, checked for oil leakage or shorts, nothing. Checked and checked, nothing. I drove it to warri. By the next morning, it had cooked down, D light stopped blinking, drove within the town for abt 5days and returned to Lagos without any issues.

Within 3days after returning, on Eko Bridge, the gear suddenly stopped working. Long and short, gear oil was burnt, fibers burnt. Transmission toast. Had to get a replacement gear at oyingbo. That was where we discovered that the radiator hose that cooks the gear had been blocked causing over heating in the gear. Since I corrected it, I'm using same transmission till now, no issues at all. Shifts perfectly.

Your gear is not shifting perfectly, it's slow because it's not going to gear 1. So when you slow down, it takes time to pick.

You need a new transmission bro. But drain all the oil and replace with WS gear oil, and see if there's a difference.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

If You Were To Changed Ur Car Color.? Which Would You Use? / Tips For Hassle Free Shipping For Mini Importers / Specialized Auto Skills Training In Pan Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.