Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,903 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American (4755 Views)

Look Within For Forgers Of INEC Statement’, Labour Tells APC / PDP To Presidency, "We’re Not A Party Of ‘certificate Forgers" / Ignore Senate, Abuja-kaduna Highway Now Safe For Travellers – El-rufai Tells Nig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by FSU: 3:02pm On Sep 30, 2023
I am an American citizen of Nigerian origin. At a retirement party yesterday evening, a colleague just blurted in my face that I come originally from a country of forgers, scammers and corrupt elements. I asked why, and he said to me barefacedly, ''who is your president? You couldn't be too far from him, could you?''. I have been seriously traumatized since then.

Should I sue for slander and mental trauma, or should I quietly acknowledge the fact of his claim and move on?

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by Rossikk(m): 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2023
LIAR.

99.8% of Americans do not know who Tinubu is and do not care.

When they hear the word Nigeria, they think ‘Burna Boy’, ‘Davido’, ‘Wizkid’, ‘Asake’……

And it gIves them JOY.

They do NOT know who Tinubu is.

The topic of Tinubu or Nigerian politics is TOTALLY UNKNOWN in America and the western world.

The only time they mentioned Tinubu - very briefly - was the day he was sworn in as President of Nigeria.

Since then, ZERO MENTION.

America, when it thinks of foreign countries, talks about Russia, China, Ukraine, UK, Mexico, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Afghanistan etc.

Africa is not on their radar at all.

You can go through an entire year of watching American TV and not hear them mention Nigeria ONCE.

OP, you are an Igbo IPOB LIAR.

And you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself for dwelling in lies and fabrication.

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by Feintline: 3:05pm On Sep 30, 2023
Rossikk:
LIAR.

When they hear the word Nigeria, they think ‘Burna Boy’, ‘Davido’, ‘Wizkid’, ‘Asake’……

The topic of Tinubu or Nigerian politics is TOTALLY UNKNOWN in America and the western world.

The only time they mentioned Tinubu - very briefly - was the day he was sworn in as president of Nigeria.

This is the dumbest thing I have seen or heard since tinubu said releasing his certificate will endanger his life.
Tinubu has truly sacrificed the brain of this corn people

My dear, you must be living in a cave or inside a rock.

Try get a passport if you can , get a visa to europe, America infact to anywhere so you will taste first hand experience of the calamity and embarassment tinubu is.

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by STARGREEN(m): 3:05pm On Sep 30, 2023
"Should I sue for slander and mental trauma,?

Do you have proof that what he said to you was false?

"or should I quietly acknowledge the fact of his claim and move on?

Kindly move on.

Even the person in question is begging that the information should not be made open and as such asked that we should move on.

I understand, the truth is bitter, sometimes it has to be said however bitter.

8 Likes

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by FSU: 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2023
Rossikk:
LIAR.
I don't understand this.

1 Like

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by GOFRONT(m): 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2023
Just swallow the bitter truth and leave him alone....Afterall, that your Amercan colleague know that Tinubu has a shady certificate saga with Chicago State University uptill this very moment.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by EyeCumInPiece: 3:07pm On Sep 30, 2023
You shouldn't be bitter with the truth.

2 Likes

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by FSU: 3:08pm On Sep 30, 2023
GOFRONT:
Just swallow the bitter truth and leave him alone.
I am traumatized because of this ''You couldn't be too far from him, could you?''.

2 Likes

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by DaddyJapan(m): 3:09pm On Sep 30, 2023
Florida State University (FSU) is back with another lullaby.

2 Likes

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by FSU: 3:10pm On Sep 30, 2023
EyeCumInPiece:
You shouldn't be bitter with the truth.

If it was just about Tinubu, I would not mind. But he brought it to me by saying ''You couldn't be too far from him, could you?''.

4 Likes

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:11pm On Sep 30, 2023
Trivialities all the time.

2 Likes

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by ElSudani: 3:13pm On Sep 30, 2023
grin Lol, this is obviously for the consumption of the slow thinking supporters of Atiku and Obi.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by libertyfather(m): 3:13pm On Sep 30, 2023
story
Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by Wujio: 3:15pm On Sep 30, 2023
We need your help here. 1stGenAmerican

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by fx45(m): 3:17pm On Sep 30, 2023
Rossikk:
LIAR.

And you should be ashamed of yourself for dwelling in lies and fabrication.
But Tulumbu is very popular in downtown Chicago... He ran those streets from way back in the days

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by Ofunaofu: 3:19pm On Sep 30, 2023
sad
Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by ican2020: 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2023
Very unfortunate that I shared the same country with strong supporters of evil, people who see bad and say is beautiful because of sentiment and hatred for others

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by killsmith(f): 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2023
Rossikk:
LIAR.

And you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself for dwelling in lies and fabrication.
You are actually the liar here because you claim to know what over 300 million Americans think about Nigerians.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by slivertongue: 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2023
partially true, president and some citizens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by Timoleon(m): 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2023
Are we a country of Scammers and forgers? Yes.

Did this story happen?

No.

2 Likes

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by Phantom233: 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2023
Rossikk:
LIAR.

The only time they mentioned Tinubu - very briefly - was the day he was sworn in as president of Nigeria.

America, when it thinks of foreign countries, talks about Russia, China, Ukraine, UK, Mexico, Iraq, Israel, Afghanistan etc.

Africa is not on their radar at all.

imagine what an adult is regurgitating in this digital age of internet? if education is expensive, then try ignorance...🙄🤣

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by CloudTrees(f): 3:34pm On Sep 30, 2023
FSU:
I am an American citizen of Nigerian origin. At a retirement party yesterday evening, a colleague just blurted in my face that I come originally from a country of forgers, scammers and corrupt elements. I asked why, and he said to me barefacedly, ''who is your president? You couldn't be too far from him, could you?''. I have been seriously traumatized since then.

Should I sue for slander and mental trauma, or should I quietly acknowledge the fact of his claim and move on?

If you were the one that accused him and the United States, he would sue you.
But instead of suing him, demand a public apology from him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by Chibuezem(m): 3:39pm On Sep 30, 2023
FSU:

If this is true... Can you send me 2 dollars lol
Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by ozo13(m): 3:40pm On Sep 30, 2023
Rossikk:
LIAR.

leave them ,let them be denigrating their country online because of political difference.Is it Trump or Biden that they or their family members aren't link to one crime or the other.Even Atiku that is dragging Tinubu in the US because of election at a point has halliburton issue to contend with in the US which we all knew the partners in US were jailed for participating in the crime. If Tinubu opponents got issues with him, they should drag only Tinubu online than insulting The whole country because I didn't see Americans insulting America even when Donald trumps was the president despite all the numerous allegation he was faced with then and now.same with Biden who his son is currently facing a crime in US.i didn't see them denigrate their country.All we hear them say is praises of their country despite the political division

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by Morbeta11(m): 3:40pm On Sep 30, 2023
accordadoga30:
Igbos and propaganda.

Of this was true, just check who is behind the American twitter or Facebook account and you will find out it's one 0kOrø

How do you know the OP is Igbo? Tell me the Okoro you are better than.....with you stinking underwears

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by Okoroawusa: 3:42pm On Sep 30, 2023
Una go soon tire... continue opening yeye threads up and down

You go open another one wey you go be a Ghanaian of Nigerian origin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by Lifestone(m): 3:42pm On Sep 30, 2023
FSU:

Tell him USA once and may likely still have Donald Trump, a big scammer

4 Likes

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by illicit(m): 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2023
My Oyinbo Facebook friend called me 'GBAJUE'

😳

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by raskymonojendor: 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2023
FSU:

Lamba

1 Like

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by raskymonojendor: 3:45pm On Sep 30, 2023
FSU:

I don't understand this.
He is calling you agba cooker i.e. An aged cooker of lies.

2 Likes

Re: ''You Come from a Country of Forgers & Scammers''. American Tells Nig-American by Shikini: 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2023
Thiefnùbu is a disgrace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ABACHA, Our Great Leader! By Wale Salami / Orji Flags-off Rehabilitation Work On Bad Roads In Aba (re-election fever) / Why Do Nigerians Always Blame The Leaders For Corruption?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.