Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,093 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Which Of This Currency Did You Spend? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Of This Currency Did You Spend? (385 Views)

Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? / How Long Should A Person Spend At The ATM? / Can You Spend This $100 Bill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of This Currency Did You Spend? by santakris(m): 6:56am On Oct 01, 2023
Happy Independence Day fellow Nairalanders. These are the coins used in Nigeria. Which of this coins did you spend?

2 Likes

Re: Which Of This Currency Did You Spend? by santakris(m): 6:57am On Oct 01, 2023
I spent 5 and 10kobo

1 Like

Re: Which Of This Currency Did You Spend? by JealousCobra(m): 7:02am On Oct 01, 2023
Those days of 50kobo and 10kobo how time flies, then we were meant to believe Nigeria will be a better place 😎

What about 1Naira coin?
Re: Which Of This Currency Did You Spend? by Wawelexy(m): 7:27am On Oct 01, 2023
I spent 25, 50 kobo and 1naira very well, but 1naira is missing in the picture. I used to wash the rusted one with the back Of my feet with sand and water, it will be shinning like a medal pendants after doing this cheesy those days of
Balewa
Baba dudu
Donkwa
Gowon's finger
Coconut candy
Kuli Kuli
Banana chewing gum
Kokoro
Fried tiny fish

Then, my afternoon food use to be beans and garri after returning from lesson, mom will give me 5naira, I will buy beans 2naira, beans water 2naira, and garri 1naira... The garri will be used to sand fill the watery beans so it will ferment and solidify it, will stir vigorously like bricklayer mixing concrete for building foundation, after eating this, I will sleep for like 2hours before going out to play football or ride tyre cheesy. When it's time to defecate, the brightness from my eyes couple with the groaning sounds can scare a lion away. grin... Thank God my kids won't be having all these experiences cool

If you have 20naira coins in your pocket those days, your gross weight will almost match with that of an hippo 🦛 grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Of This Currency Did You Spend? by Chibuzoripob: 7:55am On Oct 01, 2023
cool those days of Baba dudu,pokipoki,ekana Gowon,
Re: Which Of This Currency Did You Spend? by Abagworo(m): 8:37am On Oct 01, 2023
I saw some but never spent them.
Re: Which Of This Currency Did You Spend? by Bullet01(f): 6:05pm On Oct 01, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
cool those days of Baba dudu,pokipoki,ekana Gowon,
Your response says you are a Yoruba man but your name says otherwise.
Re: Which Of This Currency Did You Spend? by Chibuzoripob: 6:23pm On Oct 01, 2023
Bullet01:

Your response says you are a Yoruba man but your name says otherwise.
So igbo mam born in SW can't speak yoruba? Haven't u seen Hausa man that speak /understand yoruba/igbo?

2 Likes

Re: Which Of This Currency Did You Spend? by world123: 8:56am On Oct 06, 2023
I spent 1 naira

(1) (Reply)

Carnival / Breaking: Ipob Declares May 3o Sit At Home Day ( In Honor Of Fallen Hero/warlord / All Media Productions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.