Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

What Happens When We Pray For Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Happens When We Pray For Nigeria (121 Views)

Why Do We Pray, Since God Already Knows Everything? / Why Do We Pray With Candle? / Why Do We Pray Only In Jesus Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When We Pray For Nigeria by Justnice11: 6:57am On Oct 01, 2023
Haply independence day, Nigeria.

As a Nigerian, you are obligated to pray for the country. I know many of us don't like the manner things are going right now. And I know some of us are tired of praying for the nation. However, the truth is, prayer works, and God is still in the business of answering prayers.

God can do things beyond our own human actions and strategies, and change the fortune of Nigeria for good in the twinkling of an eye.

You see, the kind of prayer we must focus on right now in Nigeria is "Prayer of Mercy". Nigeria has dipped herself vehemently in unrighteousness and dark corruption. Hence, we, as a nation, must take a posture of humility and plead for mercy from the LORD.

Fortunately, the LORD Himself promised that: "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." II Chronicles 7:14 NKJV

So, as we engage the mercies of God, we must see to it that we are repentant indeed. We must forsake our sins and turn back to God. It means, as a nation, we must decide to do away with terrible things like kidnapping, murders, corruption, tribalism, etc. As an individual, you too must do away with your personal sins - pride, sexual immorality, malice, alcoholism, telling lies, stealing, etc.

Once we are repentant, we will easily attract God's mercies sufficient to transform our nation.

Re: What Happens When We Pray For Nigeria by Justnice11: 6:58am On Oct 01, 2023
Pray for the peace of Nigeria: "May those who love you be secure. May there be peace within your walls and security within your citadels."

In Jesus Name.
Re: What Happens When We Pray For Nigeria by Kobojunkiee: 7:04am On Oct 01, 2023
Justnice11:
As a Nigerian, you are obligated to pray for the country. I know many of us don't like the manner things are going right now. And I know some of us are tired of praying for the nation. However, the truth is, prayer works, and God is still in the business of answering prayers.
God can do things beyond our own human actions and strategies, and change the fortune of Nigeria for good in the twinkling of an eye.
You see, the kind of prayer we must focus on right now in Nigeria is "Prayer of Mercy". Nigeria has dipped herself vehemently in unrighteousness and dark corruption. Hence, we, as a nation, must take a posture of humility and plead for mercy from the LORD.
Fortunately, the LORD Himself promised that: "if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." II Chronicles 7:14 NKJV
So, as we engage the mercies of God, we must see to it that we are repentant indeed. We must forsake our sins and turn back to God. It means, as a nation, we must decide to do away with terrible things like kidnapping, murders, corruption, tribalism, etc. As an individual, you too must do away with your personal sins - pride, sexual immorality, malice, alcoholism, telling lies, stealing, etc.
Once we are repentant, we will easily attract God's mercies sufficient to transform our nation
Stop trading these lies using the name of God. undecided
Re: What Happens When We Pray For Nigeria by ReacherSaidNoth: 7:16am On Oct 01, 2023
Nigeria is proof that god and prayers are the longest running scam in the world. No developed country in the world became so because they made wishes to imaginary entities.

2 Likes

Re: What Happens When We Pray For Nigeria by BossGerald: 7:20am On Oct 01, 2023
Justnice11:

Once we are repentant, we will easily attract God's mercies sufficient to transform our nation.

Stop mocking God, you were giving a chance to vote in a competent candidate but tribalism did not let you.

Now you've turned back to use praying propaganda to deceive your umunna who refused to see the evil in Apc??

Stop mocking God
Re: What Happens When We Pray For Nigeria by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:43am On Oct 01, 2023
Prayer is not enough.

We need to change!

2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV)

if my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

If we don't turn away from our wicked ways, our prayers will be in vain because God will not hear us.
Re: What Happens When We Pray For Nigeria by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:49am On Oct 01, 2023
No sane individual will hate his own country or people that's living on the same soil with him however lots of things has gotten out of hand.

When God helped the Israelites to secure the land of Canaan and promised them lots of blessings it wasn't automatic rather they're to work towards such promises with faith in God.

But the Israelites turned against God's word only to start looking into the sky for the blessings they don't deserve that's why God told a prophet:

“As for you, do not pray in behalf of this people. Do not cry out in their behalf or offer a prayer for them, for I will not be listening when they call out to me because of their calamity." Jeremiah 11:14

When Jesus of Nazareth walked the earth many Jews in the first century thought he was Jeremiah reincarnated {Matthew 16:14} WHY?
Because Jesus refused to pray in behalf of his nation and the people this led his own disciples to ask him to teach them how to pray for themselves {Luke 11:1} Jesus never prayed with or for anyone not until he observed that his twelve apostles stick firmly to the message he taught them! John 17:8-9

So today it's not bad to pray for your country but if you're directing such prayers to the Bible God think of what this God said:

"The one refusing to listen to the law —Even his prayer is detestable" Proverbs 28:9
Remember Jeremiah and Jesus of Nazareth who is called the only begotten Son of God because these are the examples of faithful servants of the Bible God. 1Corinthians 10:11

Even in the first century Jesus never promised betterment for the nation in general rather the PEACE he brought will only be with those that accepted his message! Matthew 10:13-15

God bless you and may you have PEACE!

(1) (Reply)

Update: Thousands Of Germans Gathered In Berlin To Show Solidarity With Israel / Question To Ask Before AJE SPIRITUAL WORK / Open Heavens 2023 Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.