Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 (20319 Views)

12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) / Massive Python Caught At Umaru Musa Yar'adua University, Katsina (Photos) / Umaru Shehu, Biography Of First Professor Emeritus In Northern Nigeria (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by CompuCart(m): 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2023
Bimpe29:
Inna lillahi wa inna ilehi rajiun!

Allahumo ighifirillahu war'amhu Aameen.
Ameen
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by CompuCart(m): 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2023
mamdanju:
May Allah have mercy upon him.
Ameen
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by CompuCart(m): 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2023
joefelin2345:
RIP Prof Umaru. He was my VC before Prof Frank Odili took over. He was a complete gentleman.
Wow nice too hear this Sir. An Elder is sighted.Respect

1 Like

Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by Tingotoe: 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2023
ecolime:
97 shocked

RIP Prof. (First Fulani VC of UNN)

Nowadays, you can't even be a Deputy VC if you are not from the region.
How was he Fulani you ignorant fellow?

2 Likes

Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by olancho: 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2023
When Nigeria was good people don’t care where you come from ones you merit a position. But now tribalism has killed us. It was Obasanjo that tried to balance it when he was the president but immediately Buhari entered he fulanized everywhere and now Tinubu has toed Buhari’s way. Only Yorubas are qualified for all juicy positions. Now tell me how he is going to fix Nigeria problems with his tribal sentiments.
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by APOPTOSIS: 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2023
Finally Professor Shehu takes a bow!
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by Chasito(m): 3:42pm On Oct 02, 2023
He tried, To reach 90 years nowadays, na by the grace of God.
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by Raf4: 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2023
NSK4U:

Zik defeated Awo, they raised the propaganda of he's not from Yorubaland, Obi defeated Tinubu, they chanted he's Igbo, but they easily forget all that when begin to call on God to bless Nigeria.

It's indeed a myopic race, the black mind that cries to God for solution when they despise the solution already sent them from God

It is only your tribe that is lusting after other people's land. Nobody is dragging ur own land with you. Covetousness of highest level.
Now tell me how and when did zik defeat Awo?
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by BigIyanga: 3:57pm On Oct 02, 2023
Is he related to Amina Mohammed?

Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by ufuosman(m): 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2023
Rip
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by MightySparrow: 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2023
CompuCart:
Professor-Emeratus Umaru Shehu Maiduguri, The first Emeritus in Northern Nigeria with unmatched Profile in MEDICINE PROFESSION in the history of Nigeria.
The nonagenarian Died today aged 92. May Allah forgive his shortcomings,and Grant him a place in his Jannah.Ameen
He was Vc of University of Nigeria Nnsuka (UNN) from 1978 to 1980.

Professor Umaru Shehu was born on December 8, 1930 in Maiduguri, Nigeria. He attended Elementary School, Maiduguri 1935-1940; Middle School, Maiduguri 1941-1943; Kaduna College, Kaduna 1944-1947; University College Ibadan 1948-1953; and was at the University of Liverpool between 1953-1956, and 1966-1967.

Professor Shehu holds MBBS (London), IRCF (London), MRCS (England), DPH (Liverpool), FMCPH, MFCM, FFCM (UK), FFCM (Nigeria), FAS, FWACP, DFMC (Nigeria).

This life is indeed Transient.

https://punchng.com/ex-unn-vc-prof-shehu-dies-at-97/

A thread about his Biography.
https://www.nairaland.com/5283823/umaru-shehu-biography-first-professor

Every great man anywhere in Nigeria has a link with Yorubaland.

Yoruba land the birth place of the great.
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by NSK4U(m): 4:09pm On Oct 02, 2023
Raf4:

It is only your tribe that is lusting after other people's land. Nobody is dragging ur own land with you. Covetousness of highest level.
Now tell me how and when did zik defeat Awo?

How does my tribe lust after other people's land? Do they steal your land from you? Do they force you to sell your land or do you give them your land free of charge? If you say no when my people want to buy your land, would they force you or what is the grammar of lusting after land?

But instead you would sell your land and collect the money for squandering and after, you remember that you shouldn't have sold it and begin to raise unnecessary propaganda of Igbos buying your land, again I ask; did you give those land freely?

If you don't know how Zik and when Zik defeated Awo, then it reflects poorly on you as someone commenting on political threads

2 Likes

Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by MightySparrow: 4:10pm On Oct 02, 2023
NSK4U:

Other regions especially the West have shown that only Nepotism is the way to show patriotism in Nigeria

Every great person in Nigeria is linked to the West.

You are even calling Lagos no man's land. Because Yorubaland is the birthplace of every great personality in Nigeria.
Mention names to refute this claim.
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by MightySparrow: 4:12pm On Oct 02, 2023
olancho:
When Nigeria was good people don’t care where you come from ones you merit a position. But now tribalism has killed us. It was Obasanjo that tried to balance it when he was the president but immediately Buhari entered he fulanized everywhere and now Tinubu has toed Buhari’s way. Only Yorubas are qualified for all juicy positions. Now tell me how he is going to fix Nigeria problems with his tribal sentiments.

Ministry of works is not juicy?
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by princeemma69: 4:14pm On Oct 02, 2023
MightySparrow:

Every great person in Nigeria is linked to the West.

You are even calling Lagos no man's land. Because Yorubaland is the birthplace of every great personality in Nigeria.
Mention names to refute this claim.
Soludo, Achebe, Okonjo Iwela, Jonathan, Buhari, Chimamanda, etc
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by MightySparrow: 4:15pm On Oct 02, 2023
Starships4u:
Intelligent Fulani.
Not so Sir.
He should have thought his people killing people everywhere to embrace civilized life.

They are still barbaric and a threat to Nigeria.

Go home and teach your people, the herdsmen killing innocent people upandan.
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by MightySparrow: 4:16pm On Oct 02, 2023
princeemma69:
Soludo, Achebe, Okonjo Iwela, Jonathan, Buhari, Chimamanda, etc

Browse their academic and career history.
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by Raf4: 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2023
NSK4U:

How does my tribe lust after other people's land? Do they steal your land from you? Do they force you to sell your land or do you give them your land free of charge? If you say no when my people want to buy your land, would they force you or what is the grammar of lusting after land?

But instead you would sell your land and collect the money for squandering and after, you remember that you shouldn't have sold it and begin to raise unnecessary propaganda of Igbos buying your land, again I ask; did you give those land freely?

If you don't know how Zik and when Zik defeated Awo, then it reflects poorly on you as someone commenting on political threads

For you to be going gaga here about how pitobi defeated BAT in lagos is an evidence of lusting after other people's property. No one cares who wins in your region.
For your zik to abandon your barren land in the east and struggling with Yoruba to govern Western Region is an evidence of your people's inordinate covetousness.
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by Pacesetter123(m): 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2023
RIP erudite Prof.
But him na oyibo man?
He doesn't look Nigerian at all.
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by Luu40: 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2023
With good education in Nigeria, most people can become good and useful members of the country.

He was even the VC of UNN. May Allah the Almighty forgive his shortcomings and make Jannatul Firdaus his final abode.

The Nigerian political system and identity politics have made us hate each other for no reason, killed and maim our brothers, makenour education system valueless.

I hope we see better days ahead.
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by James91: 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2023
Father4all:
RIP old man. Then, Nigeria was good. Now, a Northerner can't govern Southern University
can Southern govern north university??
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by Powersurge: 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2023
ecolime:
97 shocked

Nigeria has fallen so bad.
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by finallybusy: 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2023
I wish him a speedy recovery.
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by UnemployedGradu: 6:41pm On Oct 02, 2023
joefelin2345:
RIP Prof Umaru. He was my VC before Prof Frank Odili took over. He was a complete gentleman.
which university?
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by UnemployedGradu: 6:42pm On Oct 02, 2023
Counterfeit:
This man looks Arab, and I think; Shuwa Arab, to be precise.
Shuwa Arab, their women are the prettiest in the world! Their women are the best lovers in the north but mostly marry rich men.
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by UnemployedGradu: 6:45pm On Oct 02, 2023
BigIyanga:
Is he related to Amina Mohammed?
Amina Mohammed is also shuwa Arab...it's a part part of northern region. Their ladies at beautiful. When I did Nysc in 2019, I met one in my camp in Niger state.
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by CJStarz: 6:45pm On Oct 02, 2023
Someone born in 1930 is 97 years in 2023? Which kain aboki you be? Adamu ,ba?

CompuCart:
Professor-Emeratus Umaru Shehu Maiduguri, The first Emeritus in Northern Nigeria with unmatched Profile in MEDICINE PROFESSION in the history of Nigeria.
The nonagenarian Died today aged 92. May Allah forgive his shortcomings,and Grant him a place in his Jannah.Ameen
He was Vc of University of Nigeria Nnsuka (UNN) from 1978 to 1980.

Professor Umaru Shehu was born on December 8, 1930 in Maiduguri, Nigeria. He attended Elementary School, Maiduguri 1935-1940; Middle School, Maiduguri 1941-1943; Kaduna College, Kaduna 1944-1947; University College Ibadan 1948-1953; and was at the University of Liverpool between 1953-1956, and 1966-1967.

Professor Shehu holds MBBS (London), IRCF (London), MRCS (England), DPH (Liverpool), FMCPH, MFCM, FFCM (UK), FFCM (Nigeria), FAS, FWACP, DFMC (Nigeria).

This life is indeed Transient.

https://punchng.com/ex-unn-vc-prof-shehu-dies-at-97/

A thread about his Biography.
https://www.nairaland.com/5283823/umaru-shehu-biography-first-professor

1 Like

Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by Saintlaurent33: 6:55pm On Oct 02, 2023
ecolime:
97 shocked

Same in Agbado and Hausa land...
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by Eastcoastboy(m): 7:17pm On Oct 02, 2023
joefelin2345:

Mehn! You go way back oh!

Nice to know.
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by CompuCart(m): 7:21pm On Oct 02, 2023
CJStarz:
Someone born in 1930 is 97 years in 2023? Which kain aboki you be? Adamu ,ba?

You no lie na Aboki I be but na Audu be this nobe Adamu.Beside if you're not showing your Black nature why not read within the lines instead of jumping to attack like the tribal charlatan you are.
The nonagenarian Died today aged 92

That's the first paragraph right there,the front page mode Modify the post in my writing I put 92.
Abeg rest.
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by CJStarz: 7:33pm On Oct 02, 2023
So, referring to you as an aboki makes me tribalistic,nay, tribal charlatan? Indeed, you're suffering from some form of complex, ain't you?
Anyways,thanks for letting me know that aboki Audu is different from aboki Adamu , for very obvious reasons.

Out of respect for the Colossus that passed on, I won't engage you any further.
Salam🙏
CompuCart:

You no lie na Aboki I be but na Audu be this nobe Adamu.Beside if you're not showing your Black nature why not read within the lines instead of jumping to attack like the tribal charlatan you are.
The nonagenarian Died today aged 92

That's the first paragraph right there,the front page mode Modify the post in my writing I put 92.
Abeg rest.
Re: Professor Umaru Shehu Dies At 97 by Barcalee: 7:34pm On Oct 02, 2023
[quote author=Postinor post=126150450]This life we come we go,all of u doing evil things to make money just know that one day u will die and leave all those money[
/quote]

The money might even be gone before death comes calling making their death more horrible

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU STRIKE: Denrele, Blessing CEO To Host N30m Talent Hunt For Students / ABSUTH Provost Joins Students In Protest (photos) / Toyosi Craig Wins Most Outstanding Student Award In South Africa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.