Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi (19857 Views)

What Nigeria Must Do For Greater Economy – Peter Obi At NBA Conference / The Future Of Nigerian Economy – Peter Obi / Are The Igbos Really Jews? See The Colonial Flag And Currency Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by rezy15(m): 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2023
tuoyoojo:
I remember this bill board before 2015 elections that asked a question " are you okay with N215 naira to a dollar

8 years down the line, it's over 1000 naira to a dollar and everyone in APC is smiling at the camera as though everything is okay

When tilibu was campaigning, he said he was a first class graduate who knew the solution to Nigeria's problem.

The builder of "modern day lagos" to nor fit do abracadabra again

I for kukuma say yes I am ok.with 250 naira to a dollar sef
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by Shikini: 9:37pm On Oct 02, 2023
True
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by fineberry(m): 9:37pm On Oct 02, 2023
An average Nigerian will never accept that the country is sick as long as it has his tribe man of the seat of power.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by favor914: 9:37pm On Oct 02, 2023
Afonjacrusder:

Obi is the most trending & most popular politician in Nigeria. Greater than Awolowo and Abiola put together.
He Gringory Obi will be fondly remembered as the Apga Judas/Pdp runaway that sabotaged his master’s ambition, & made Bola Tinubu President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria.

A feat Awolowo & Bashorun Abiola we’re unable to accomplish, Jagaban is the Master.
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by spencekat(m): 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2023
He is on point.Dollar has made Naira useless
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:39pm On Oct 02, 2023
favor914:
Almijiri Tinubu cannot do anything for a lazy person like you, my life is not dependent on anybody but myself, if they like let them bring Okorocha or Waziri Ibrahim, we will still prosper.

You can call us SEPLAT, The Most Valuable Playa On The Bloc.

I like the words of encouragement u r giving urself it's good for u. So what u do with it is non of my business. Enjoy ur inflation for now since u truely believe in ur Messiah I wish u more hardship in advance 😂😂😂🏃🏃🏃🏃
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by grandstar(m): 9:39pm On Oct 02, 2023
Tinubu should come clean about the severity of the mess the country is in.

Unfortunately, he won't as it was an APC government( All hail; Mohammad Buhari) that brought about this mess.

A solution that would have worked in 2010 won't work today. If Tinubu had removed the oil subsidy 10 years earlier for instance, it would have been more manageable. Then the Naira wouldn't have fallen in value but might even strengthened it. He would have had no need to unify the exchange rates then as they were already unified. The foreign reserves were also fat with dollars. I am sure debt servicing was less than 20% of government revenue. Now its 73%.

Now the foreign reserves are empty. I doubt they can cover up to 2 months of imports.

By the 6 month, the government should bring out an economic blueprint that would stare the country out of its present malaise. This government needs to restore confidence

1 Like

Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by fineberry(m): 9:40pm On Oct 02, 2023
NavasBit:
This man like saying rubbish.
what is the rubbish in what he said. Sufferness no dey tire Una abi, carry on.
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2023
IconicR:
Everything will be normal, please Nigerians should excercise patience and by December things will start changing for good.

Anybody that promised you an overnight change is the biggest thief in Nigeria

Asiwaju is not a magician so it's a gradual process.

But same una told us he has a magic wand na
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by edungene7: 9:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
I really wish this country can be spilted let everyone go their separate ways it's a shame that after all this damage some imbeciles are still touring the lines of tribalism and nepotism itz a big shame thank God for Awolowo who made western education free in the west but it's looking like an effort in fruitity
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by favor914: 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

I like the words of encouragement u r giving urself it's good for u. So what u do with it is non of my business. Enjoy ur inflation for now since u truely believe in ur Messiah I wish u more hardship in advance 😂😂😂🏃🏃🏃🏃
Dr ABC Orjiako is the Boss, we are down with Bola Ahmed Tinubu no shaking, we are anti inflation in return to innocence.
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by tuoyoojo(m): 9:48pm On Oct 02, 2023
rezy15:

I for kukuma say yes I am ok.with 250 naira to a dollar sef

If only we knew back then

Now, them don clear our doubts
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by ofwest47(m): 9:50pm On Oct 02, 2023
Dollar Dollar Dollar ,in Nigeria you get everything imported __ from 🪰 covered to Television __B BC radio during __ ẹran Muritala ẹran. ( imported cow meat ẹran.)
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by favor914: 9:52pm On Oct 02, 2023
grandstar:
Tinubu should come clean about the severity of the mess the country is in.

Unfortunately, he won't as it was an APC government( All hail; Mohammad Buhari) that brought about this mess.

A solution that would have worked in 2010 won't work today. If Tinubu had removed the oil subsidy 10 years earlier for instance, it would have been more manageable. Then the Naira wouldn't have fallen in value but might even strengthened it. He would have had no need to unify the exchange rates then as they were already unified. The foreign reserves were also fat with dollars. I am sure debt servicing was less than 20% of government revenue. Now its 73%.

Now the foreign reserves are empty. I doubt they can cover up to 2 months of imports.

By the 6 month, the government should bring out an economic blueprint that would stare the country out of its present malaise. This government needs to restore confidence
Almijiri what of your state government? Only the lazy minded ones will be using Abuja as an alibi for their laziness.

Nonsense each state within the Federal Republic of Nigeria based on their comparative advantage, must export $1 billion dollars worth of commodities every year, who cares about the Federal Government?

Commodities is on the concurrent list no excuses.
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by Quebec91(m): 9:54pm On Oct 02, 2023
undecided i pity you 😒🙄
IconicR:
Everything will be normal, please Nigerians should excercise patience and by December things will start changing for good.

Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by Cantonese: 10:00pm On Oct 02, 2023
IconicR:

Everything will be normal and Buhari wasted eight years.

Be patient with Buhari. That’s what Tinubu said for eight years. Now you ask Nigerians to be patient. Bros, is your name Patience? Abi is your name suffering?

1 Like

Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by JasonScoolari: 10:00pm On Oct 02, 2023
favor914:
Na Oluwole certificate Asiwaju take work for Mobil Oil in the 1980’s? Na em your papa no be Billionaire today, since you fit Use Oluwole certificate become The Treasury for an American Oil company in Nigeria, with fake Oluwole American certificate?

You Poor minded people never seize to amaze me, that is why you still remain in the pit, the destruction of the poor, is their poverty.
Keep mistaking me for the miserable thing that birthed you. 😂
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by Gentlelox: 10:03pm On Oct 02, 2023
yarimo:
Foolish man instead of you to apologize to the people of Anambra state, for defrauding them as governor for 8 years
chai... U nor sabi this work at all. You are just fooling apc online aswear.
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:12pm On Oct 02, 2023
IconicR:

So is now you know Tinubu is not a Magician
Do you know that his Government is a comtinum to that of Buhari's Government as APC party?

Are you saying that APC party under Buhari is different from under TINUBU??

People are just shitty in life .......APC and their generations of lies and fake certificate and promises since 2015....
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by grandstar(m): 10:13pm On Oct 02, 2023
favor914:
Almijiri what of your state government? Only the lazy minded ones will be using Abuja as an alibi for their laziness.

Nonsense each state within the Federal Republic of Nigeria based on their comparative advantage, must export $1 billion dollars worth of commodities every year, who cares about the Federal Government?

Commodities is on the concurrent list no excuses.

Oga,
Monetary stability is necessary for economic growth or you end up like present day Turkey with 85m people. Turkey exports over $260b worth of good but its economy is in shambles because of the loose monetary policy. Inflations is over 50%.

Argentina 46m people exports over $85bn worth of good but has inflation of 100%.

Since 1986, Nigeria has tried to boost non-oil export since 1986 and has failed miserably. It is not for want of trying. Why the failure? I would like you to provide me an answer.

What would create an export boom? Educate me. It is easier said than done.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2023
Cantonese:

Everything will be normal and Buhari wasted eight years.

Be patient with Buhari. That’s what Tinubu said for eight years. Now you ask Nigerians to be patient. Bros, is your name Patience? Abi is your name suffering?

That's APC for you... .they made sure that their ideology is rooted deep in Religion and Tribalism..
So non of their supporters can have sense of common belonging with other Nigerians.
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2023
accordadoga30:
Hehehehe

Coming from a failure who increased the rate of poverty in Alambla from less than 25% to 53%.

Assuming he was never a governor before, one would think he would have performed better if he was the one elected as the president

Let 1 dollar be 1 million naira, what we know is that no pig will ever become president.

Iya.Miri will never rule Nigeria.

I feel very happy whenever I read your post and see this.....

Well, Nigeria will continue to be cursed and downgraded by other countries even in Africa as far as Iya.Miri won't rule Nigeria....

If you win this side,.... remember you can't win that side too....lols
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by Gandrova: 10:26pm On Oct 02, 2023
Landowner101:
This man keep spilling the truth
What truth is he talking about?
He should explain to Nigeria the funds he looted first in Anambra treasury.
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by cococandy(f): 10:30pm On Oct 02, 2023
The one that astonishes me is when you are trying to buy something from someone based in Nigeria and they are telling you how much they want to charge you for it IN DOLLARS. Erm excuse me!

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by Funkyswagzz(m): 10:33pm On Oct 02, 2023
favor914:
Dr ABC Orjiako is the Boss, we are down with Bola Ahmed Tinubu no shaking, we are anti inflation in return to innocence.

Good for u enjoy
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
Gandrova:
What truth is he talking about?
He should explain to Nigeria the funds he looted first in Anambra treasury.

This same man you are saying that looted Anambra Treasury refused to take a land the former FCT minster gave him as a Gift in Abuja....

This man does not collect Governorship pension from Anambra State till date...he rather willed it to the development of Anambra State....

This man , has no house or land to his name after becoming Governor of Anambra State for 8 years...I mean , there is no land in Anambra State that one can say belongs to Peter Obi or his son or daughters or Wife....

This man does not have his sister , Wife , or relations in any of the Treasury pocket of Anambra State as we speak today....

But wait......

Why can't you face Tinibu who secured so many lands to his name when he was Governor in Lagos State

Why can't you face Tinibu who does not only collect pension in Lagos State as Governor but changed the benefits of Past Governors in Lagos State in such a way that Lagos State pays billions to house such demands??

Why can't you tackle Tinubu whose daughter is the Caretaker of all the markets in Lagos State ...or is it his Son who is the overseer of all the bill boards and logos anyone drops in Lagos State.....or his son in law who is in the State Assembly

See, I don't know how myopic you all sound , but in all, Tinubu is now President of NIGERIA....

Let him fix what he boasted he can fix ....I trust him as you trust him....abi no be so

Soon 4 years will pass, I will remind you that $1 is now #1,750....

This is no longer campaign times , let's be focused and see what TINIBU will over us....
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by BabaIbo: 11:02pm On Oct 02, 2023
IconicR:
Tribalistic man

I have prophesied into your life that you'll marry from that tribe you hate most.
Mark this down

Go and do something meaningful with your own life and leave other people's lives.

Anuohia!
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by Emola12(m): 11:18pm On Oct 02, 2023
A good name is better than silver and gold thank God say he give us tinubu so that we gonna understand wetin dey sup afefe ti fe a ti ri furo adiye
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by Benwallt(m): 11:24pm On Oct 02, 2023
Oponu no Peter Obi sha
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by SenatePresdo(m): 11:49pm On Oct 02, 2023
IconicR:

When things doesn't change by December, you people would remind us PDP ruled Nigeria for 100 years, and it would take a thousand years for Tinubu to repair it.
Abegii...
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by Ifogift007: 12:00am On Oct 03, 2023
IconicR:

shame on u and all ur paid cronies... supporting dis evil government... shame on all nairaland Yoruba mods supporting Evil...by removing the truth... shame on any body supporting dis evil government... Spits
Re: Dollar Now Underground Currency Of Nigeria’s Economy — Peter Obi by themanderon: 12:14am On Oct 03, 2023
Nazgul:
I was just discussing this with someone earlier today, and I was asking him this same question. Why Nigeria is so dependant on the dollar as though it's our currency?

We can choose to sell our crude and conduct international trade in naira. A lot of countries like India, Brazil, Russia, China... etc, have already started conducting international trades in their own currency. It's a means of strengthing their local currency, and increasing it's demand globally.

I don't understand this Dollar dependance we're practicing here.

The Russians did same and that is why their currency never fell against international expectations when sanctions was imposed on them. Europeans were made to buy the Russian rouble before they could buy oil and gas and this made the rouble to have a high value.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Media Giving Oxygen To Boko Haram, Says Lai / This Is The Most Beautiful And Hottest Nigerian Newscaster Ever / Security advisory: Elevated risk of terror attacks in Abuja - US warns citizens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.