Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans (1454 Views)

Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents. / Obasanjo Hands Over Report On Strategic Devt Plan To Buhari / Fashola Beats Jonathan In Railway Devt —group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by rasputinn(m): 7:06am On Oct 21, 2011
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by rasputinn(m): 7:06am On Oct 21, 2011
Just shut up and drive;talk is way too cheap
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by hooged: 7:18am On Oct 21, 2011
Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun State has said
his rural transformation agenda cannot be
compared with the moribund Directorate of Food,
Roads and Rural Infrastructure (DFFRI), which was
set up by the administration of General Ibrahim
Babangida, during the military era.
Speaking during a meeting with officials of the
World Bank and representatives
of the National Planning Commission (NPC) at the
Government House, Aregbesola cautioned the
officials never to use DFFRI as a basis to examine
his administration’s development plan for the
rural areas.
Aregbesola’s clarification came on the heels of a
remark by the leader of the team, Mr. Nicholas
Peters, while also commending Aregbesola’s
commitment to the development of agriculture.
He said DFFRI in conception and execution, was a
scam that had no interest of the people at heart.
DFRRI was established by Babangida ostensibly to
fast-track development in the rural areas by
opening up roads to rural areas as a way of
helping farmers and other dwellers.
However, the governor told the Joint World Bank
French Development Agency Mission on Rural
Access and Mobility Project that because his
administration was poised to use agriculture as a
catalyst for rapid transformation of the state’s
economy, DFRRI could not be used as a yardstick
to compare both policies.
He said: “Don’t use DFFRI as a standard for my
rural development plan. DFFRI was ill-conceived
and badly implemented. It was an avenue to rip
off our people. It was a scam; a disaster which left
people poorer than it met them. You cannot then
use such a scam to measure our own rural
development plan in Osun.”
The governor also explained that it was for this
determination that his government had
embarked on opening up of roads that lead to
vast areas of farmlands in the state, adding that
with such projects, farmers would not be able to
transport their farm produce to ready markets in
urban areas of the state.
He listed some of the farm settlements where his
administration had acquired about 30,000
hectares of lands for agricultural purposes as
Mokore, Patara, Oyere-Aborisade, Oke Osun, Esa
–Oke and Iwo farm settlements.
The governor assured farmers that roads leading
to all these rural farm settlements would be
completed to accelerate the process of
transporting foods items.
“This is the only way for us to banish hunger. This
is the only way to banish poverty. Importation of
food items to us is unacceptable and if God has
blessed us with fertile lands, why cann’t we use
agriculture to catalyse development here?” the
governor asked, What a good move , keep it on OGBENI
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by Akanbiedu(m): 7:30am On Oct 21, 2011
Tell them Rauf.
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by rasputinn(m): 7:58am On Oct 21, 2011
^^^
Talk is cheap,we're watching
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by Akanbiedu(m): 9:08am On Oct 21, 2011
Kindly supply the following data

(1) Total amount budgeted for the operations of DFRRI
(2) List the achievements of DFRRI

since its inception.

Thank you sir.

rasputinn:

^^^
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by Gbawe: 9:19am On Oct 21, 2011
rasputinn:

^^^

"Watching" for what? Is it not Osun folks , first and foremost, who should be "watching"? in any case,
did Mohammed Alli , at the peak of his power, not talk and deliver? Would you not prefer a leader is assured and confident in his ability than gain a defeatist who , without trying, tells you "leaner Government not possible" or is always wimpering about "plots"? Please let Aregbesola talk.

Several of his initiatives and efforts have now begun to gain recognition and commendation , even internationally, so abeg fashi the bobo and face your own Governor. I don't even get why everyone, especially those not from the region, are so focused on the SW these days to the extent of neglecting their own States and region ? Kilode ? Wetin we do Una? Are we the only region in Nigeria because a non-Nigerian would assume so if Nairaland is their only source of news about Nigeria !!!!! It is beginning to get annoying !!! Haba !!!
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by KayB: 9:36am On Oct 21, 2011
I know u r a performer, no doubt
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by Gbawe: 9:47am On Oct 21, 2011
KayB:

I know u r a performer, no doubt

Don't mind some people. Aregbesola's history of performance is there for all to see unlike some of those Nigerians voted in , at the highest level, who were total mediocrities and "underwhelming" personalities.
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by Akanbiedu(m): 10:15am On Oct 21, 2011
Gbawe:

Don't mind some people. Aregbesola's history of performance is there for all to see unlike some of those Nigerians voted in , at the highest level, who were total mediocrities and "underwhelming" personalities.

Everytime I see GEJ on TV, I feel a deep sense of shame.

Because whether we like it or not, he is a representation of our aggregate/average/collective intelligence.
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by Demdem(m): 4:38pm On Oct 21, 2011
Strange, Beaf isnt here yet.
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by PointB: 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2011
Gbawe:

"Watching" for what? Is it not Osun folks , first and foremost, who should be "watching"? in any case,
did Mohammed Alli , at the peak of his power, not talk and deliver? Would you not prefer a leader is assured and confident in his ability than gain a defeatist who , without trying, tells you "leaner Government not possible" or is always wimpering about "plots"? Please let Aregbesola talk.

Several of his initiatives and efforts have now begun to gain recognition and commendation , even internationally, so abeg fashi the bobo and face your own Governor. I don't even get why everyone, especially those not from the region, are so focused on the SW these days to the extent of neglecting their own States and region ? Kilode ? Wetin we do Una? Are we the only region in Nigeria because a non-Nigerian would assume so if Nairaland is their only source of news about Nigeria !!!!! It is beginning to get annoying !!! Haba !!!

Quit this bigotry! People are free to comment on whatever they like. What is your problem? Are you the only SWner on this forum? Or are you indeed paid to defend AregbeRascal et al.

For the avoidance of doubt, anything posted online is fair game! Whoever wants to comment, will! Tribe, creed, region, religion, race, ethnicity is not a barrier to free speech (at least on NL). If you spill your bile, develop high blood pressure, or become hypertensive because non-SWners  are commenting on SW affairs, tough luck! It wont stop people from expressing their minds. And they would not always agree with you, your design or schemes!

And you are such are pathetic hypocrite! You rave and rant, and attack GEJ every day on every thread, but you rather no one touch your anointed, because they are flawless, they are gods? Such hypocrisy is very appalling, and portrays you as number 1 bigot on this forum, despite how much you try to mask it with your long boring false tirades (from Osundefender and Sahara misreporters).

@Topic,

Talk is cheap, AregbeRascal.
When you quit living in Lagos state, and start doing something tangible in Osun state, then we might start to take you serious. Until then, you are just a loud mouthed clueless, strolling vagabond in power!
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by Gbawe: 5:59pm On Oct 21, 2011
PointB:

Quit this bigotry! People are free to comment on whatever they like. What is your problem? Are you the only SWner on this forum? Or are you indeed paid to defend AregbeRascal et al.

For the avoidance of doubt, anything posted online is fair game! Whoever wants to comment, will! Tribe, creed, region, religion, race, ethnicity is not a barrier to free speech (at least on NL). If you spill your bile, develop high blood pressure, or become hypertensive because non-SWners  are commenting on SW affairs, tough luck! It wont stop people from expressing their minds. And they would not always agree with you, your design or schemes!

And you are such are pathetic hypocrite! You rave and rant, and attack GEJ every day on every thread. but you rather no one touch your anointed, because they are flawless? Such hypocrisy is very appalling, and portrays you as number 1 bigot on this forum, despiter how much your try to mask it with lyour long boring tirades (from Osundefender and Sahara misreporters).

@Topic,

Talk is cheap, AregbeRascal.
When you quit living in Lagos state, and start doing something tangible in Osun state, then we might start to take you serious. Until then, you are just a loud mouthed clueless, strolling vagabond in power!

Hit a nerve did I? Naturally , as one of those focused obdurately on the SW 24/7 , one would expect you to respond as you do above. The point is very simple. why , for example, does Beaf focus obdurately on SW Governors while ignoring the Governor running his own State into the ground i.e Uduaghan? Same goes for most of you . Even an Abian, like Ezeuche, despite having the "worst Governor in Nigeria" prefers to talk SW affairs 24/7 and non-stop while his home state goes to the dogs . Does that make sense to you ? Such actions , if I have to spell it out to you, goes against the notion of civic responsibility that has built great Nation.

This is why I promote the tenet of civic duty in my signature. With everyone taking Panadol for the SW's headache the region will only get far more sophisticated than others as per being under the microscope always. My free advice is that you and others should discuss the politics of your State and region more robustly instead of obssessing over the SW distractively.

As per GEJ, lest it is not obvious to you, he is the President of Nigeria , which includes the SW, and not that of the SS or SE. Aregbesola, however, is the Governor of Osun State and not Imo, Anambra or wherever it is you come from.

The substantive point is that, for a politically sophisticated nation to emerge, with an informed voting class,  debate should be robust and wide-ranging. Instead, all we get on NL these days is a 100% focus on the SW to the extent a non-Nigerian reading this forum can be forgiven for thinking Tinubu, Fashola, Aregbesola, fayemi, Amosun et al run Nigeria.
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 21, 2011
Where is Beaf jare tongue grin
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by chy101: 8:10pm On Oct 21, 2011
This Yoruba mediocre again. Was it not the same gov who said that he will build a dual carriage all the way to lagos via ogun? Has he even cleared the land, he is at it again talking like a mad dog, poor state. I heard the gov is busy slapping his commissioners and even lagos gov. lol. Rascals
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by PointB: 8:56pm On Oct 21, 2011
Gbawe:

Hit a nerve did I? Naturally , as one of those focused obdurately on the SW 24/7 , one would expect you to respond as you do above. The point is very simple. why , for example, does Beaf focus obdurately on SW Governors while ignoring the Governor running his own State into the ground i.e Uduaghan? Same goes for most of you . Even an Abian, like Ezeuche, despite having the "worst Governor in Nigeria" prefers to talk SW affairs 24/7 and non-stop while his home state goes to the dogs . Does that make sense to you ? Such actions , if I have to spell it out to you, goes against the notion of civic responsibility that has built great Nation.

This is why I promote the tenet of civic duty in my signature. With everyone taking Panadol for the SW's headache the region will only get far more sophisticated than others as per being under the microscope always. My free advice is that you and others should discuss the politics of your State and region more robustly instead of obssessing over the SW distractively.

As per GEJ, lest it is not obvious to you, he is the President of Nigeria , which includes the SW, and not that of the SS or SE. Aregbesola, however, is the Governor of Osun State and not Imo, Anambra or wherever it is you come from.

The substantive point is that, for a politically sophisticated nation to emerge, with an informed voting class,  debate should be robust and wide-ranging. Instead, all we get on NL these days is a 100% focus on the SW to the extent a non-Nigerian reading this forum can be forgiven for thinking Tinubu, Fashola, Aregbesola, fayemi, Amosun et al run Nigeria.

The more you try do defend the indefensible, the more foolish you sound. Why should Beaf, EzeUche, and co focus on their own state/regions alone? Are they not Nigerians? Is SW not part of Nigeria? Even if SW is not part of NIgeria, so what? Is US not focusing on Pakistan? Did France not spearhead the assault on Gbogbo's Ivory Coast? Didn't NATO bomb Libya?

By the way, have you give those you silly suggestion to the many minions of yours, who are busy focusing on other 'state/regions as you put it? Have you ask them to face their own state? You are a very big hypocrite, and a very pathetic one at that!

So your free advice should be shoved down your throat, or up you stinking a$$. Who needs advice from a bigot like you? Nigeria is my country, all the 36 state governors are my leaders. I am free to choose and pick the ones to discuss. If my freedom of speech raises your blood pressure, how is that my business? If I break forum rules, that is for the mod to determine. But one thing, I will not accept is for clowns, and glorified bigots to pop up and tell me what to do (or not) online! What state to discus and which to avoid? What gave you the audacity for such petulance?

The world is so interconnected, so much so that it borders on either sheer ignorance or malicious mischief for you to ask someone to focus on his state or region. It defies logic, and very childish to put it mildly. Do you use your brain at all before you post? These little minds and their numerous ish! My friend you are a disgrace to this forum for this childish rants of yours!

For the avoidance of doubt, I'll restate that I dont care how you feel or what you think (I am sure other posters will feel same way), but I will comment on whatever catches my fancy. If it is AregbeRascal, SW etc  24/7 as you put it, so be it! What you or several other foolish people think or say, is immaterial. So you can continue to lament all day like a rascally child!

At least you are honest enough to admit you don't even know where I am from, but your bigotry gave away your bias. But then again I couldn't care less where you think I am from. That is immaterial to you!

If you think there is a discussion gap in other zones that needs to be fill, fill it, and stop whining! It's is also very naive of you to come online to politics section to ask for pity, and understanding. What kind of person are you? For goodness sake are you a kid? Cos I wonder why a grown man will come online to ask people to nice, and fair to him. What kind of rubbish is that?

"The substantive point is that, for a politically sophisticated nation to emerge . . . blah bla bla" Who give a damn about your substantive point and your politically sophisticated nonsense talk? Who?

Why dont you hit the street with your placards as your mates will do, rather than try to achieve your 'substantive point' by burrowing through AregbeRascal a$$ while shouting 'leave SW alone!. Foolish man.

This forum is too sophisticated for your SW and feudalistic thinking. Your SW cannot exist in isolation. Nigeria owns SW, you this olodowa olodo! So when attention is turn to SW, face is like a man, and quit whining like a lily-livered kitten. If the kitchen is to0 hot, get the darn out! Your crocodiles is not appealing to anyone! Man up, you son of odelowo!
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by Yeske2(m): 9:06pm On Oct 21, 2011
Ok, he could do all that from Lagos i guess because that is his seat of power.
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by EkoIle1: 4:23am On Oct 22, 2011
chy101:

This Yoruba mediocre again. Was it not the same gov who said that he will build a dual carriage all the way to lagos via ogun? Has he even cleared the land, he is at it again talking like a mad dog, poor state. I heard the gov is busy slapping his commissioners and even lagos gov. lol. Rascals

When was the last time we heard anything about your village? You clowns don't even bleep on the radar, the only solid infrastructure in your towns and villages is the kidnapping and isi ewu infrastructure, well, apart from the roundabout of course.

Forgotten and left behind losers
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by Gbawe: 10:05am On Oct 22, 2011
PointB:

The more you try do defend the indefensible, the more foolish you sound. Why should Beaf, EzeUche, and co focus on their own state/regions alone? Are they not Nigerians? Is SW not part of Nigeria? Even if SW is not part of NIgeria, so what? Is US not focusing on Pakistan? Did France not spearhead the assault on Gbogbo's Ivory Coast? Didn't NATO bomb Libya?

By the way, have you give those you silly suggestion to the many minions of yours, who are busy focusing on other 'state/regions as you put it? Have you ask them to face their own state? You are a very big hypocrite, and a very pathetic one at that!

So your free advice should be shoved down your throat, or up you stinking a$$. Who needs advice from a bigot like you? Nigeria is my country, all the 36 state governors are my leaders. I am free to choose and pick the ones to discuss. If my freedom of speech raises your blood pressure, how is that my business? If I break forum rules, that is for the mod to determine. But one thing, I will not accept is for clowns, and glorified bigots to pop up and tell me what to do (or not) online! What state to discus and which to avoid? What gave you the audacity for such petulance?

The world is so interconnected, so much so that it borders on either sheer ignorance or malicious mischief for you to ask someone to focus on his state or region. It defies logic, and very childish to put it mildly. Do you use your brain at all before you post? These little minds and their numerous ish! My friend you are a disgrace to this forum for this childish rants of yours!

For the avoidance of doubt, I'll restate that I dont care how you feel or what you think (I am sure other posters will feel same way), but I will comment on whatever catches my fancy. If it is AregbeRascal, SW etc  24/7 as you put it, so be it! What you or several other foolish people think or say, is immaterial. So you can continue to lament all day like a rascally child!

At least you are honest enough to admit you don't even know where I am from, but your bigotry gave away your bias. But then again I couldn't care less where you think I am from. That is immaterial to you!

If you think there is a discussion gap in other zones that needs to be fill, fill it, and stop whining! It's is also very naive of you to come online to politics section to ask for pity, and understanding. What kind of person are you? For goodness sake are you a kid? Cos I wonder why a grown man will come online to ask people to nice, and fair to him. What kind of rubbish is that?

"The substantive point is that, for a politically sophisticated nation to emerge . . . blah bla bla" Who give a damn about your substantive point and your politically sophisticated nonsense talk? Who?

Why dont you hit the street with your placards as your mates will do, rather than try to achieve your 'substantive point' by burrowing through AregbeRascal a$$ while shouting 'leave SW alone!. Foolish man.

This forum is too sophisticated for your SW and feudalistic thinking. Your SW cannot exist in isolation. Nigeria owns SW, you this olodowa olodo! So when attention is turn to SW, face is like a man, and quit whining like a lily-livered kitten. If the kitchen is to0 hot, get the darn out! Your crocodiles is not appealing to anyone! Man up, you son of odelowo!

My friend, what is this epistle you wrote in aid of ? You should just admit that you and others can only get it up when talking about the SW. Sad really. Like incurably lost dogs looking enviously at the homes of others.
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by Gbawe: 10:15am On Oct 22, 2011
Eko Ile:

When was the last time we heard anything about your village? You clowns don't even bleep on the radar, the only solid infrastructure in your towns and villages is the kidnapping and isi ewu infrastructure, well, apart from the roundabout of course.

Nothing else comes to mind other than the part in bold above considering that their contribution on SW issues is never ever positive, objective or in good spirit. All they ever have to say, about the SW, is laced with negativity, bile and vitriol. That is what really gives their motivation of ethnic hatred away.
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by dayokanu(m): 10:28am On Oct 22, 2011
I think Delta State would kill to have Aregbesola as a governor for just 1 month given the way the state has turned out under the PDP rule of Uduaghan
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by chy101: 10:39am On Oct 22, 2011
Eko Ile:

I can bet that the most interior village in my place is more developed and advanced than the osogboa the state capital of oshun state. We know that Yorubas land is not liveable that is why Aregberascal has gone to live in lagos and also in an estate built by Igbo tycoon. You may not know that your people still live in the mud houses in their respective state capitals in the 21st century. Foolish and focuseless people
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by Gbawe: 10:41am On Oct 22, 2011
dayokanu:

I think Delta State would kill to have Aregbesola as a governor for just 1 month given the way the state has turned out under the PDP rule of Uduaghan

Certainly !! See what Proud-Igbo wrote below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-787107.0.html

Delta, Abia and Bayelsa are the states with the most useless governments in the se/ss. They've been hijacked by thugs in suits and agbada. Sad!!!

What on  earth , other than ethnic bigotry and wannabeeism, would make some folks (Beaf from Delta for example) focus on SW issues 24/7 while they ignore their own badly misruled states ? Does that not show the likes of Beaf and co to be cowards and traitors to their state? I mean, who does that? I.e focus on another mans house with total concentration to ignore his own house that is on fire? Just insane if you ask me. Its good to be liked, admired and even talked about but no one is comfortable with obsessed stalkers.
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by reindeer: 5:55pm On Oct 22, 2011
Really happy with what the man has done so far.
There will be many unhappy with him because of these achievements, but the headache isn't his, its theirs.
grin
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by Ufeolorun(m): 7:05pm On Oct 22, 2011
Omo Owa just know how to drive a stake into the hearts of his detractors cool cool cool.Rascally stated and thuggishly put out there for the pdp jegudujeras,the political okpes @ Aso rock and beyond.Big up to the commander in chief of Yorubaland  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Aregbesola:dffri Can’t Match My Rural Devt Plans by olawalebabs(m): 10:50am On Oct 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Where is Beaf jare tongue grin
PointB = Beaf = Reno Omokri.

Rauf, We dey behind you, keep the flag flying

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram JAMB Questions and Answers / The Police Inspector General Goes Into Retirement With Immediate Effect / Thisday Bombings: Elrufai Mocks Thisday/government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.