Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,251 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me (18176 Views)

86 Rooms Where Tenants Paid ₦250,000 A Year Found Under Dolphin Estate Bridge / My Tenants Will Not Pay House Rent / Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 11:01am On Oct 04, 2023
Ooh
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by Exceed15: 11:01am On Oct 04, 2023
It is your right we know but please exercise a little patient with them. May God add u another house in Jesus name.
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by SmartyPants(m): 11:03am On Oct 04, 2023
Preservedfish:
As a landlord, these are tough times for me.

My tenants are pushing for a rent reduction in October, with some even suggesting late payments.

I urged them to submit the full rent upfront before October to avoid story that touches the heart, but they decline.

This is my livelihood!

How am I supposed to weather this storm without their full cooperation?

Serve them quit notices asap.
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by Hamachi(f): 11:05am On Oct 04, 2023
AIRTEL 1540476233399555
MTN 49844970079801651
GLO 426897693586123
9MOBILE 461473202875686

FASTES FINGERS
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by darkmarky(m): 11:06am On Oct 04, 2023
AskProf:

lmao. God bless you. Trolls deserve to be flogged
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by Hamachi(f): 11:06am On Oct 04, 2023
yOU OBVIOUSLY A CHILD TUEH
TemplarLandry:
That's your investment and you have the final say over it. Make sure you show no sign of desperation for money. Then declare unto them that any of them who isn't cool with paying up should vacate your property. And another thing, stop giving room for too much familiarity with them. And make sure there's a tenancy agreement/receipt stating the amount paid, the duration and the type of house, signed by both parties.

1 Like

Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by juman(m): 11:06am On Oct 04, 2023
Tenants are always problems particularly third world countries.
I don't wish for one.
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by enemyofprogress: 11:07am On Oct 04, 2023
Please tell tell them to move to my house at banana eyeland
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by grandstar(m): 11:08am On Oct 04, 2023
4KNGOATS:

You're must the type of useless landlord they're talking about this days

This is completely uncalled for. Why the insult?

5 Likes

Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by barakah(m): 11:09am On Oct 04, 2023
Its your property, your only means of livelihood.
The economy is hard on them but also on you.

Meanwhile, they're feeling entitled and taking advantage of your gentle nature.
Send them packing and get a new set of tenants with a new rent/agreement package.

1 Like

Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by Nokio2: 11:12am On Oct 04, 2023
TemplarLandry:
That's your investment and you have the final say over it. Make sure you show no sign of desperation for money. Then declare unto them that any of them who isn't cool with paying up should vacate your property. And another thing, stop giving room for too much familiarity with them. And make sure there's a tenancy agreement/receipt stating the amount paid, the duration and the type of house, signed by both parties.
Na did kain thin u go write epistle ...use your balablu allowance to pay the rent for them...town hall lawyer
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by Minjim: 11:15am On Oct 04, 2023
Preservedfish:

My tenants are pushing for a rent reduction in October, with some even suggesting late payments.

I urged them to submit the full rent upfront before October to avoid story that touches the heart, but they decline.

This is my livelihood!

If they had never owe you before, you should be patient with them.

Time are really tough. Even I, haven't made payment on my rent. I promised my landlord half the rent by end of September, but those that owe me just didn't pay and the little I planned to add to make it half had been spent on feeding my family.
Unlike before, I was surprised my landlord didn't bothered much he just frequently ask if the man owing had paid. He's even the preaching to me to take thing easy. That once there life there is hope..

Just bear with them if you know they're truly struggling. Things must surely improve. This time too must pass

3 Likes

Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by LikeAking: 11:16am On Oct 04, 2023
Preservedfish:

This is my livelihood!

Kick them out ..

1 Like

Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by Minjim: 11:16am On Oct 04, 2023
TemplarLandry:

Well done, Sharlock
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by Vision101(m): 11:19am On Oct 04, 2023
They build house for you?
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by Trustmea: 11:24am On Oct 04, 2023
AskProf:

Hahahahaha one thing I like about this platform is that anything u say here someone must dig out ur previous messages to counter it.
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by Dronedude(m): 11:24am On Oct 04, 2023
deewhydoski:

If they have been your old tenant and they never for once owe you before I think maybe you should help them out. The country is hard now, everybody is facing the storm. I am not saying you should reduce the rent o but if they do not have the full rent for a year you can collect 6 months with the agreement that they will balance up before the end of the 6 months

But the landlord is in the same country however this is his only means of livelyhood.
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by hssd8nland: 11:26am On Oct 04, 2023
Preservedfish:

This is my livelihood!

My honest advice get a property managing firm saves you all the stress
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by lsoul: 11:29am On Oct 04, 2023
grin Tenants are always funny, why didnt they ask govt to give them reduction in price of fuel, landlords go to the market too, everyone is feeling the heat of the economy. God help us all its not easy anywhere but then understanding between landlords and tenants can resolve the issue. its not their right to hold you with reductions

1 Like

Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by Blacktruth: 11:30am On Oct 04, 2023
Country hard , bare with am small , me sef go soon beat my landlord soon 🤣😅😂
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by Dshocker(m): 11:32am On Oct 04, 2023
Preservedfish:

This is my livelihood!

A young man like you is solely depending on house rent for survival?

For you to be dependent of rent for survival proofs 100% that the house was inherited.

Young man, go out and hustle.

2 Likes

Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by Juniorangel(m): 11:40am On Oct 04, 2023
Landlord that can't collect his money is not a landlord.... Oga use one tenant as scapegoat others will fall in line.

2 Likes

Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by Way4orward: 11:40am On Oct 04, 2023
I guess you are too soft.
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by Hezzyluv: 11:42am On Oct 04, 2023
AskProf:

U no even pity the man small grin
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by PierreAbutu(m): 11:43am On Oct 04, 2023
Preservedfish:

This is my livelihood!

If you reside in Abuja, I can help
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by tellwisdom: 11:45am On Oct 04, 2023
Leave them. Don’t forget you won’t take the house to heaven. By then u will be needing to pay rent to God too
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by wunmi590(m): 11:59am On Oct 04, 2023
deewhydoski:

If they have been your old tenant and they never for once owe you before I think maybe you should help them out. The country is hard now, everybody is facing the storm. I am not saying you should reduce the rent o but if they do not have the full rent for a year you can collect 6 months with the agreement that they will balance up before the end of the 6 months

@OP, please follow the write ✍️ up...

Honestly, you have captured the whole things happening to average Nigerian, I work as a facility manager, believe me, things are hard, sales are not really coming to our tenants, so what we did is to let them pay 2-3times since all of them pay millions..

Though there are some that pay immediately, but some who couldn't pay all at once, we gave them grace to split the money into 3, and life has been easy for everybody...

1 Like

Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by Chizigreat(m): 12:00pm On Oct 04, 2023
You Will Struggle In Life If You Lack This Understanding.

Apostle Joshua Selman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaE71HYNJ-o?si=GjZfXK0eu58_O9Yv
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by Mosba: 12:00pm On Oct 04, 2023
Preservedfish:

This is my livelihood!

Did you increased the rent because of subsidy removal knowing fully well that state governments and federal government have not been paying them well enough to meet skyrocketed expenses? If so it's not going to be easy for no one o
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by Akwaibom1stlady(f): 12:01pm On Oct 04, 2023
AskProf:

He has: looking for a hotel to lodge with his mistress.

C'mon now! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Tenants Refuse To Pay Me by lomprico(m): 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2023
gift2xl:
Outside the house u don't have any sources of income?

He does o!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Urgent Sale: A Brand New 5 Bedroom Duplex With 2 Rooms BQ At Chevron Drive / Preventive Measures When Buying Land In Nigeria. / best,unique &perfect architectural design,house design & construction in nig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.