Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,178 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank (12455 Views)

Naira Makes List Of 15 Worst Currencies Against The US Dollar - Statisense / Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% –w’bank / How The Naira Measures Against The Worlds Worst Currencies Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by ukpahu(m): 6:00am On Oct 05, 2023
Amadioha kill all apc supporters

1 Like

Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by Vifx: 6:00am On Oct 05, 2023
Lol
Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by jahsharon: 6:01am On Oct 05, 2023
ukpahu:
Amadioha kill all apc supporters

After Ogun, Sango, Obatala, Osun, Aiyelala, and Esu Odara wipe out your whole generation
Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 6:04am On Oct 05, 2023
Thiéfnubu is a useless and the most sophisticated criminal drug kingpin on earth. See what tribalism has caused. How can people collect money to do the drugs lord's biddings.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by nymphomaniac(m): 6:04am On Oct 05, 2023
eldoradoxx:
In our lifetime and within a span of 8 years, Nigeria 's currency went from 3rd or 4th best currency in Africa to amongst the worst. Ghana Cedis has more value than Naira today.
It has nothing to do with global anything as some paid agents of disinformation would have u believe, Nigerian set their nation on a reverse gear the day Satan blinded them into voting incompetent Government of APC 8 years ago. Those of us that warned Nigerians to be wary of Buhari and Tinubu are being hounded as IPOB and called all sorts of names but the truth is that at the end, everyone who knows the truth and is not prejudiced by ethnicity and religion knows that things changed badly for Nigeria immediately Buhari and now Tinubu assumed power as Presidents.
I agree with your submission except that the naira is still better than the Ghanaian cedi
Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by kushme: 6:08am On Oct 05, 2023
They keep saying its short term. Few years from now,by the time you know it, it would be the Venezuela experience.. angry

Since last year November, I knew 1 dollar would hit a thousand naira in 2023. The naira would only continue to go down,it would only make Lil correction by defending for a while and the down trend would resume again for as long as they(the gov) continue in their crooked, olodo and unpatriotic ways...

3 Likes

Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by FRANKOSKI(m): 6:09am On Oct 05, 2023
WHEN THE LAND IS IN CHAOS , SOMEONE IS BENEFITING FROM IT.
THE WAY THINGS ARE GOING NOW, I DE ENJOY THE NAIRA FALL.
Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by nedekid: 6:13am On Oct 05, 2023
HenryThegreat1:
Tell me why Mr. Tinubu wouldn't take number one worse President in the history of Nigeria.
They told us that he built Lagos, but we responded back to them that; first, Lagos is not Nigeria.
Second, Tinubu wasn't the top 5 best governors Lagos ever produced.
Highly over rated.

1 Like

Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by egbeocha(m): 6:19am On Oct 05, 2023
World Bank told us to remove subsidy and see our economy grow but the reverse is the case now. They should go and sit down biko. We don't want them again undecided kiss undecided

2 Likes

Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by KIDfurniture(m): 6:21am On Oct 05, 2023
Apc mopped up all the $ in the market and waited until they destroyed Nigeria so they can rule over the poor masses. It will all end here on earth. Mark my word , the day tinubu exit this world his empire will crash world wide. They will be like that one called MKO. Some fools tot he was the messiah. Lol evil men

Deltafirstson:

https://punchng.com/naira-among-africas-worst-currencies-falls-by-40-wbank/
Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by paskal16: 6:23am On Oct 05, 2023
But yorubas and apshit pathetic urchins would still tell you to keep voting apc for a better Nigeria
Almost a decade of apc rule
We’ve never had it this bad

1 Like

Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by victorclean(f): 6:23am On Oct 05, 2023
Tecnophone:
Yorubas are the real problems of this country.

I tell you. Who even brought us together to be in one country. You can't call the Christian, Muslim or pegans.
Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by Bigchristo: 6:26am On Oct 05, 2023
Hendrixky:
Tinubu go kill us...just wait and see how they will start quoting me and with insult
look at all of una
Tribalism just dey divide us
Instead of us to unite against these our common enemies called politicians

We go suffer for this country o
Because politicians are already aware that it will be difficult for the people to unite and protest against any president from the three major tribe(igbo, hausa and yoruba)

That was why during endsars protest the north did not join because it will be seen as a fight against their son
Now see the suffering tinubu caused still no united protest because Yoruba will see it as fight against their son
The only time we will se a united protest is when a minority becomes the president just like we united and shut down Jonathan 2012 subsidy removal

We go suffer for the hands of politicians because of the Tribalism we the masses dey do

Look at what is going on in our federal roads. Imagine the number of people burned down in Benin-delta roaf about six days ago

See them
What is wrong with Nigerians?
And this one don't even know I have no connection with delta igbo not to talk of the main igbo
I'm from Edo state. Uhunmwode local government area to be precise

This whole election just concluded really brought out the tribalism in Nigeria especially the people of South west
So long as you do not support Tinubu you’re automatically an Igbo man regardless of your region, some Yoruba people lost it because of tribalism, this presidential election actually expose their tribalism

1 Like

Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by HenryThegreat1(m): 6:29am On Oct 05, 2023
meditator:
Because he will remain your President for at least next three years as you continue to wail in bitterness and acrimony. More wahala and pain for you and other IPOB terrorists
. Ok but naira is the worst performing currencies under Lagos builder. Agreed or not?
Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by GardenOfGod(m): 6:40am On Oct 05, 2023
World Bank is one of the organizations sucking the blood out of Nigeria's economy. Their useless loans to the crooks in government is a testimony. How u fortunate is this country!
Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by Allisgud: 6:43am On Oct 05, 2023
Mr oluwole the forger should leave aso rock

1 Like

Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by seunodediranivy: 6:45am On Oct 05, 2023
[b]Yorubas are the real problems of this country.

and it's the same Yoruba region that you and your parents are struggling to come and stay,

...... Yoruba people are the problem and you are selling your properties to relocate to their region, what an irony of life,

..... you had better not allow jealous to kill you.

Yorubas are the leaders, take it or leave it.
Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by ShenTeh(m): 6:49am On Oct 05, 2023
The same World Bank kept reiterating that the Naira was overvalued and that Emefiele wasn't allowing the market forces to determine its price.

Now we are objects of their ridicule.

Trust the IMF and World Bank at your own peril.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by Realguyman1(m): 6:51am On Oct 05, 2023
jahsharon:
Yes, this is true.

I know it is a conspiracy by those who were benefitting from the old order. But it is the duty of government to fish out and hang the economic saboteurs, and implement magical monetary and fiscal policies to keep the currency in a good position. If BAT team doesn't do this in time, it is the same energy that we are using to support him now that we will use to vigorously fight him. Time is tickling. I STAND WITH JAGABAN
At the bolded, oga u can't do anything, you will only end up wailing and nothing more. In fact u better start the wailing now because the Tinubu I'm seeing now has nothing to offer Nigeria or Nigerians even in 20yrs to come, he is only a Buhari pro max.

And make I burst ur head, after all the bad governance and nonsense Buhari did in his 8yrs as president, Tinubu is taking Nigeria and Nigerians again for another 8yrs run of another nonsense and bad governance, because after his 4yrs he will definitely win re-election again, not because he will get the masses vote, but because he will use his power as the current president to do that.

Tinubu is not a gentleman like Jonathan that put the country and the people first before himself, Tinubu will rather see Nigeria get burnt than to lose his presidential sit.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by Hezmatosky: 6:58am On Oct 05, 2023
bayelsaowei:
Let us enjoy our leaders even if they end up killing us...we chose them.

Shey we opened our eyes and voted for Buhari. Tinubu nkor?

Let us enjoy them..
Try and locate a catholic church within your area and go for confessions. You have just accused children of God wrongly angry Who voted for Tinubu?
Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by HRMK: 7:04am On Oct 05, 2023
THE BILLIONAIRES MADE UP OF POLITICIANS AND BUSINESSMEN ARE TO BLAME!THEY KEPT ON COVERTING NIGERIAN NAIRA TO FOREIGN CURRENCIES FOR EASY TRANSFER ABROAD!GOVERNMENT WOULD ALWAYS TURN BLIND EYES TO THESE SABOTEURS!IT IS TOO BAD!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by nairalanda1(m): 7:04am On Oct 05, 2023
To be expected

We are not an exporter of industrial manufactured goods and services, so we cannot earn big dollars...so our currency is wack.

Till we become an industrialized nation, we would get nowhere.
Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by Kukutente23: 7:12am On Oct 05, 2023
jahsharon:
Yes, this is true.

I know it is a conspiracy by those who were benefitting from the old order. But it is the duty of government to fish out and hang the economic saboteurs, and implement magical monetary and fiscal policies to keep the currency in a good position. If BAT team doesn't do this in time, it is the same energy that we are using to support him now that we will use to vigorously fight him. Time is tickling. I STAND WITH JAGABAN
You can't fight him
You want the igbos to laugh at you

1 Like

Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by ican2020: 7:13am On Oct 05, 2023
Very poor leadership
Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by Brimstone77: 7:14am On Oct 05, 2023

My prayer during the last election was that,who ever that wins, should not give us any reason to miss buhari.

But seems like Nigerians have already started missing buhari even before tinubu clock one year in office..

Pathetic!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by nairalanda1(m): 7:15am On Oct 05, 2023
jahsharon:
Yes, this is true.

The only way forward really is simple.

Nigeria must be a producing country, and Nigeria must industrialize.
Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by ican2020: 7:15am On Oct 05, 2023
elujah1:
His defenders will tell you to give him time, he just came in, some will tell you its a global issue, and my question to them is; are all currencies failing globally the rate at which Nigeria's currency is failing?
But it did not take him time to destabilize the country

2 Likes

Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by BoldBrainz(m): 7:18am On Oct 05, 2023
Lol.

I'm unbothered. The dollar rise is to my advantage. The rest of una go dey alright.
Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by BoldBrainz(m): 7:23am On Oct 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

Nigeria must be producing. Nigeria must industrialise. How?

Even this report clearly stated that both policies are having contracting effects on the operational activities of existing industries, as input costs have considerably risen. So how is Nigeria supposed to produce when unfavourable government policies are thwarting investors' capacity to do business?

Na you wan open company for country wey cost of operations easily surpass net profits? Oya na! Make you and your village people start the company, then employ Nigerians put.

1 Like

Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by Kukutente23: 7:24am On Oct 05, 2023
while non-oil economic activity, particularly industry and services still supported growth, policy actions to remove fuel subsidies and unify the exchange rates might be weighing on these activities in the short term

grin cheesy
This right here is the summary of the removal of subsidy and naira devaluation.
It is killing the real economy and contracting the economy.
3.3 growth wey we dey manage under Bubu will now fall to 2.9 under Tinubu.
The Western propagandists and their puppet have tanked our economy.
The irony is that it's the same West that brought the suicidal ideas that will call them out when they are failing just as they are doing now
Anyone who listens to Western agencies after the experience of SAP which turned to SAPA and ruined our industries in the 80s is compound fool or just ignorant
Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by RepoMan007: 7:24am On Oct 05, 2023
nymphomaniac:
I agree with your submission except that the naira is still better than the Ghanaian cedi
currencies can be devalued. That's doesn't make them better. Even dollar weakens and strengthens so can vary against itself.
Re: Naira Among Africa’s Worst Currencies, Falls By 40% – World Bank by RepoMan007: 7:26am On Oct 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

after hitting the ground ruining, suddenly you remember production. Yeye.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Possible For One To Retire In His 40s / Bill Gates Donates $1Million To Borno As Food Aid / OPEC Sends Oil Prices Crashing – Oilprice Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.