Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:23 AM

Favor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Favor (84 Views)

Five Times More Favor And Provision - Joseph Prince / Bishop Oyedepo Is Misleading Christians: You Don't Need To Pray For Favor Or Sow / Laws Of Favor, Keys To Activate Favour By Apostle Joshua Selman Nimmak. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Favor by Myer(m): 10:45am On Oct 05, 2023
Definitions; Favor can be defined as;
1. help; a thing that you do to help someone
2. approval: approval or support for someone or something
3. better treatment; treatment that is generous to one person or group in a way that seems unfair to others

Psalm 102:13
You will arise and have mercy on Zion;
For the time to favor her,
Yes, the set time, has come.

Esther 2: 16:17
So Esther was taken to King Ahasuerus, into his royal palace, in the tenth month, which is the month of Tebeth, in the seventh year of his reign. The king loved Esther more than all the other women, and she obtained grace and favor in his sight more than all the virgins; so he set the royal crown upon her head and made her queen instead of Vashti.

Psalm 119:58
I entreated Your favor with my whole heart;
Be merciful to me according to Your word.

Proverbs 8:34-36
Blessed is the man who listens to me, Watching daily at my gates, Waiting at the posts of my doors.
For whoever finds me finds life, And obtains favor from the Lord; But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul;
All those who hate me love death.”

Proverbs 3:2-4
But let your heart keep my commands;
2 For length of days and long life
And peace they will add to you.

3 My son, do not forget my law,
But let your heart keep my commands; For length of days and long life. And peace they will add to you.
Let not mercy and truth forsake you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart,
And so find favor and [a]high esteem In the sight of God and man.

Apostle Joshua Selman once listed all the things it takes to be successful. He closed by saying you can take every other thing away but just give him God's favor.
God's Favor is EVERYTHING that Matters.

God's Favor can be likened to a Father who knows it is His Joy and Responsibility to ensure his son or daughter enjoys the Best of Every Good Thing in Life to Be Successful and Prosperous simply because they are His children. Selah

When you are just favored by virtue of the Good Name your Father carries.
When everyone wants to treat you specially because they know your father and want to bless you with whatever it takes to make your dad know they value him.

God's favor is when you don't even have to play a part in being favored. People simply have to know the child of whom you are and they break protocols immediately for you.

It is like Jezz Bezos or Elon Musk or Dangote's child looking for a job.
Will any one bother to know whether he graduated with a 2.1 or First class? That will simply prove he is qualified for the job.
Even if they still pass his through their interview, the HR team will probably be the ones passing him their own CV to please give to his dad.
Now Imagine when YOU ARE THE CHILD OF GOD who has found favor in His sight? Selah

Psalm 32:1-2
Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no deceit.

When God decided that because of the Sacrifice and Blood of the Precious Lamb of God, Jesus Christ which was shed for your sin, He does not see your sin. Who can bring a charge against you? Selah

Simply for Believing God!
Simply for believing that Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God came to the Earth and was crucified for your sins and died. Only for Him to Rise/Resurrect from death on the Third Day!

This is too spiritual. It makes no sense!
That simply by this affirmation some thing extraordinary and supernatural and intergalactical happens im the life and spirit of a person which transcends Time and Space, Life and Death and all Principalities in heaven and on the earth put together!
This is the Greatest Miracle- the Salvation of the human soul.

Sadly, it is difficult/impossible for one who has not found favor in the sight of God to believe this.
If you do believe, oh how favored you are!
Please do not take your salvation for granted.

For a long time I became an atheist and very carnal (sensual) about life.
Spiritual things became ridiculous to me. I thought I had risen above ordinary people.
I celebrated and relished the joy of breaking free from religion.

For a Time, this was liberating.
Because there is a Grace that covers all creatures.
But I was no longer under the Saving Grace of God through Jesus Christ.

When life's challenges eventually came as they always do, I was empty. My strength was weak.
"Life/Nigeria happened to me."
Re: Favor by Myer(m): 10:45am On Oct 05, 2023
If you find favor in the sight of God, even in the midst of famine and drought, God supplies your needs.
In fact, if you're highly favored, the famine and drought is your season for abundance. Selah

2 Kings 3:17
For thus says the LORD: 'You shall not see wind, nor shall you see rain; yet that valley shall be filled with water, so that you, your cattle, and your animals may drink.

1. God's Favor is unmerited but requires our active cooperation with God.
2. God's favor must not be abused.
3. God's favor requires our active preparedness.
4. God's favor should not become an entitlement.
5. A grateful and humble heart will always enjoy God's favor.
6. God's favor is primarily for a Higher Purpose/Calling- to glorify the name of God and continue in God's business/work/Kingdom.

When we read the story of Jacob and Esau, we often critique Jabob.
And truly, on the surface, it is easy not to like Jacob.
Until we understand why God Loves Jacob but hates Esau.

Abraham and Isaac had secured God's Favor for their lineage. God had promised to bless the world through Abraham and his sons.
Esau by birth right was the lineage to carry the Best of God's Promises. He should be the lineage of the Spiritual Blessing- Jesus Christ.
But Esau did not value his birth right unlike Jacob who coveted the Spiritual Blessing.
And when the opportunity presented itself, Jacob wasted not time in bargaining with Esau to trade his birth right for food, in fact the bible called it just a morsel (Hebrew 12:16).

It must have been really been very disappointing to God that ALL the spiritual blessing and promises God made to Abraham and Isaac did not hold value to Esau.
Just because of a temporary/momentary hunger, he traded Jesus Christ. Selah

Before we judge him however, we should ask ourselves;
How many times have we also compromised/traded our Faith/Grace just for things that are temporal?
How much do we value our relationship with God over or material needs? Selah

Jacob inherited that Favor and Spiritual Blessings because he valued it.
And even though his father Isaac had pronounced the blessings on him, he still made sure he contended for it.
When the time came, he wrestled all night till day break with the angel of God till he obtained the blessing.
Then God gave him a new name. Selah

Amos 6:1 (AMP)
Woe (judgment is coming) to those who are at ease and carefree in Zion (Judah) And to those on the mountain of Samaria who feel secure, The distinguished men of the foremost of nations, To whom the house of Israel comes.

Matthew 11:12
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the violent take it by force.

God's Grace and Favor MUST be guarded jealously.
1. The devil is mad at you because he once had it but he lost it.
2. You never can tell who is secretly envious of God's favor on you. Especially whoever feels God has not favored them, like Cain went as far as murdering Abel and committing the first bloodshed. Because the heart of man is desperately wicked. When all they have to do is is simply entreat God's favor wholeheartedly too. Selah

Finally, Favor begets favor.
Recognize and honor God's Grace and Favor in the lives on others and Grace and favor keeps multiplying towards you and all around you. And by so doing we shall continue to obtain Favor before God and Man in Jesus name. Amen

Notable personalities who obtained God's favor;

1 Samuel 2:26
Samuel And the child Samuel grew in stature, and in favor both with the Lord and men.

Luke 1
28: And having come in, the angel said to her, “Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!”
30: Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.

This Word of God is full of so much Promises for a child of God;

Ephesians 1:3-7
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He [a]made us accepted in the Beloved.

2 Peter 2:1-4
Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have [a]obtained like[b] precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:
Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

1 Peter 2:9-12
But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy.
Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation.

God's Mercy, Grace and Favor multiplied to us. That we may both prosper on earth and in heaven in Jesus name. Amen and Amen.

(1) (Reply)

You Must Grow Spiritually I / Nigeria / Solution Encounters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.