Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,089 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up (13468 Views)

I Would Have Picked Obi Again As Running Mate – Atiku / Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim / US Ban Was Disinformation- Atiku Opens Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by GuruboiNaija: 4:29am On Oct 06, 2023
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the last election, Atiku Abubakar, has claimed he rejected the chance to be running mate to President Bola Tinubu.

Atiku also insisted he never betrayed Tinubu during their political alignment in 2007.

According to him, instead, he stood up to his then-principal, President Olusegun Obasanjo, to make sure Lagos State did not fall to the political tsunami of 2003.

Atiku then revealed he and Tinubu parted ways politically after the former Lagos State governor wanted to be his running mate in 2007.

He said, “I beg to disagree (on betrayal allegation) with Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Yes, it is true that in 2007, we came together to form an alliance in Lagos, and at the convention, I contested and got the ticket. After I got the ticket, he sent about 5 or 6 seniors – some of them are here – I can even name them, but I don’t want to embarrass them.

“They met me and said to me that Bola wanted to be my running mate. I said to them, gentlemen, you’re all old enough, and apparently, virtually all of you are Christians’ with the exception of one person. What will be your reaction to having a Muslim-Muslim ticket?

“All of them said we totally objected to it and I said why didn’t you tell him when he was giving you the message that look Mr Tinubu, the message you’re sending us, we don’t seem to agree with you on it (Muslim-Muslim ticket). Why are you coming then to me? And that was the end of our political relationship. We broke away, so what is the ground for him to say that I betrayed him?

“Till today, I won’t do a Muslim-Muslim ticket; I don’t have to be president; we are a multi-ethnic and multi-religious people, and our government must reflect our diversity, and our composition must reflect the same.”
https://.ng/2023/10/06/why-i-rejected-tinubu-as-my-running-mate-atiku-opens-up/

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by Iamanoited: 4:33am On Oct 06, 2023
TINUBU IS BETTER THAN YOU IN MANY WAYS. YOU JUST CAN'T COPE WITH THAT. REMEMBER THAT TINUBU RESCUE YOU FROM BEING ROASTED BY OBASANJO.

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by Advancedpenis: 4:34am On Oct 06, 2023
Hahahahahahaha

Kadan kaadan Tinubu na Thief

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by Advancedpenis: 4:34am On Oct 06, 2023
Elsudani come and cry me a river

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by ElSudani: 4:34am On Oct 06, 2023
Atiku just told the whole world he was working against his own party. Not only that, he basically admitted that the elections in the SW in particular were rigged in favor of himself and Obasanjo.
This is the kind of character who wanted to be the president of Nigeria. No wonder he was always rejected.

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by Advancedpenis: 4:35am On Oct 06, 2023
Iamanoited:
TINUBU IS BETTER THAN YOU IN MANY WAYS. YOU JUST CAN'T COPE WITH THAT

It is expected to wail.

So wail

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by Advancedpenis: 4:35am On Oct 06, 2023
ElSudani:
Atiku just told the whole world he was working against his own party. Not only that, he basically admitted that the elections in the SW in particular were rigged in favor of himself and Obasanjo.
This is the kind of character who wanted to be the president of Nigeria. No wonder he was always rejected.

As expected cry baby

7 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by ElSudani: 4:35am On Oct 06, 2023
Advancedpenis:
Elsudani come and cry me a river

Show me your president. Should I say your gbajue president.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by Advancedpenis: 4:38am On Oct 06, 2023
ElSudani:

Show me your president. Should I say your gbajue president.

God created tears for a reason.

Cry son don't hold back

7 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by ElSudani: 4:43am On Oct 06, 2023
Advancedpenis:

God created tears for a reason.

Cry son don't hold back

I understand your pain. It is not easy to labor in vain. May I never labor in vain like Obidients. Amen!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by Advancedpenis: 4:45am On Oct 06, 2023
ElSudani:

I understand your pain. It is not easy to labor in vain. May I never labor in vain like Obidients. Amen!

Ok but

6 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by Jservice(f): 6:09am On Oct 06, 2023
Nice one
Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by kokoA(m): 6:14am On Oct 06, 2023
Atiku is a sore loser. His fight is a fight of revenge not for good of the Nigeria. He refused BAT from being his running mate so BAT worked for Late. Umaru Yaradua instead and he felt betrayed, now he wants to get back at him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by MrsTwrite(f): 6:53am On Oct 06, 2023
Keep rejecting I don't care!

1 Like

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by Parydelegate: 6:53am On Oct 06, 2023
Lol
Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by yjgm(m): 6:54am On Oct 06, 2023
This is a shame actually. Never knew someone could be this petty?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by Fuji30: 6:54am On Oct 06, 2023
F
Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by kehinde1588(m): 6:55am On Oct 06, 2023
F
Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by Propsvillamedia: 6:57am On Oct 06, 2023
Ok
Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by kaywhy09(m): 6:57am On Oct 06, 2023
Oh, alright
Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by lapo(m): 6:57am On Oct 06, 2023
Desperado and lies. It's over!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by Godjone(m): 6:58am On Oct 06, 2023
Na only Atiku digging we dey enjoy soooo wait a little because in the coming days, FBI will unveil 2,500 documents on the criminal activities of amoda Ebola

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by fmlala: 6:59am On Oct 06, 2023
OK
Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by propsad2: 6:59am On Oct 06, 2023
Ok
Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by sukkot: 7:00am On Oct 06, 2023
this dubai nigga

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by CursedOsuPigs: 7:03am On Oct 06, 2023
Yobabad:
Tinubu just like most Yoruba Muslims is a croak

Croak ko, croaker ni.

Olodo rabata.

Go back to your Obiezi primary school

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by Dcaliphate(m): 7:05am On Oct 06, 2023
Atiku even has more conscience than the imposter some ppl here are calling their president

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by ResidentSnitch(f): 7:05am On Oct 06, 2023
Atiku is a gentleman. He's just restraining himself from outrightly calling the druggie a crook with heavy baggage.
But watch as the senseless and shameless druggie's pigs twist this to be about Obi. Bunch of perpetual slaves who would never stand up to their masters up north.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by NutritionGuru: 7:10am On Oct 06, 2023
Godjone:
Na only Atiku digging we dey enjoy soooo wait a little because in the coming days, FBI will unveil 2,500 documents on the criminal activities of amoda Ebola
Yes o!
shocked BREAKING NEWS: https://www.nairaland.com/7866920/let-tinubu-breathe-allow-tinubu#126227545

2 Likes

Re: Why I Rejected Tinubu As My Running Mate – Atiku Opens Up by Sannisege: 7:12am On Oct 06, 2023
And the same Atiku wanted to be MKO Abiola’s running mate. Atiku the perennial loser. Tinubu will make sure you leave no inheritance for your children.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oba Oladele Olashore Of Iloko Ijesha Is Dead / Buhari Can Nominate Ambassadors Anyway He Deems Fit: SGF / Enugu Completes Abakpa Nike/Nkwor Nike Junction Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.