Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,454 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months (14263 Views)

FG Implements 7.5% VAT On Diesel, Nigerians Kick / Nigerian Customs To Start Charging VAT On Diesel Imports / FG Removes VAT From Cooking Gas. Price To Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by Nahunger(m): 7:52am On Oct 06, 2023
Who e epp?
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by Skyehigher1: 7:56am On Oct 06, 2023
Nteogwuija:

I thought the CNG was different from the normal cooking gas?
yes LPG is the cooking gas while CNG is also a cooking but CNG is cheaper than LPG .... CNG price is 150 naira per kg
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by BoldBrainz(m): 8:02am On Oct 06, 2023
naijaboy756:
Beer go add money from Monday

Behave yourself! Stop this nonsense play!
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by Funkyswagzz(m): 8:02am On Oct 06, 2023
Up till now I've not seen any permanent measures from tinubu.. I really don't think this man has any solution for our economy
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by Skillsnigeria: 8:07am On Oct 06, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by Nteogwuija(m): 8:10am On Oct 06, 2023
Skyehigher1:
yes LPG is the cooking gas while CNG is also a cooking but CNG is cheaper than LPG .... CNG price is 150 naira per kg

Okay, thanks for clarifying
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by badoh(m): 8:11am On Oct 06, 2023
NewDea4:

CNG that the morons are shouting about is now more expensive than diesel and it has lower energy-density in fact

These APC guys are very useless people they don't know what they are doing. I pity stupid Nigerians who cannot think for themselves and understand how useless these fools actually are
You called them slowpoke, was it not some of you that were shouting that they should key into the deployment of CNG buses to alleviate the suffering of the masses, you've come again now telling us CNG is now expensive to diesel, what do you people actually want? May be you should provide alternatives.
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by Truths9ja: 8:12am On Oct 06, 2023
NutritionGuru:
Great NEWS! One of the things that was revealed during the meeting of youngest Abuja Politicians at Apo Legislative Quaters 3 Days ago is the Presidential Plan to make Nigerian-Grown Foods unprecedentedly Surplus and Government Provision for Exportation of the Excess. Watch out for More Agriculture Great NEWS on the Billion Naira Incentives to massively Pull Nigerian Youths Population into Lucrative Farming, it is on the way.
More on this was revealed in a section here: https://www.nairaland.com/7866920/let-tinubu-breathe-allow-tinubu#126227545

Please, repent from your Negativity Spreading for once! By that 6 Month, Fuel price would have reduced drastically with the Plans that Government is currently implementing and the wicked Artificial FOREX Scarcity intentionally orchestrated by enemies of this Administration to make Naira useless would have been dealt with. Nigeria and Nigerians shall soon Celebrate!

clueless evil campaign promises you and the clueless certificate forger and clueless deceiver Tinubu has been deceiving Nigerians for the last month. Keep on deceiving yourself here and not me. The clueless drug baron Tinubu destroyed Nigeria economy more by his evil policies.
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by NewDea4: 8:14am On Oct 06, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:
So after six months, what next? Tinubu has missed d whole ting. So dis is d best Tinubu can do as a president? Master strategist in d midst of Yoruba mugus bcs Yorubas are easily deceived that's why they sees him as Lord and master

Yoruba people too like to worship human being na the agbero/twaile mentality

And once Yoruba man gets small change for pocket he expects people to worship him too. Na the opportunity wey Tinubu get be that...just throw small cash around and the average Yoruba will fall flat and sing your praises

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by vaveyi6222: 8:21am On Oct 06, 2023
Better
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by zico419(m): 8:24am On Oct 06, 2023
Abeg oo good people of nairaland no let ulcer kill a brother pls anything for drugs and food just lost my job. Acct number 0056602937 access bank Nwagwu stanley alex
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by emmanuelbrown26: 8:25am On Oct 06, 2023
NewDea4:

Yoruba people too like to worship human being na the agbero/twaile mentality

And once Yoruba man gets small change for pocket he expects people to worship him too. Na the opportunity wey Tinubu get be that...just throw small cash around and the average Yoruba will fall flat and sing your praises
U hv really studied them very well. Just drop small change around Yoruba people and see dem sing songs of praise and that's where Tinubu capitalized on

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by chemicool: 8:27am On Oct 06, 2023
NewDea4:

CNG that the morons are shouting about is now more expensive than diesel and it has lower energy-density in fact

These APC guys are very useless people they don't know what they are doing. I pity stupid Nigerians who cannot think for themselves and understand how useless these fools actually are

Your papa and mama are stupid, IPOB pig.
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by KingGeedorah(m): 8:27am On Oct 06, 2023
Most business use diesel to run their operations and also most goods are transported via diesel powered trucks.

So, to poor men like us, that should see us buy foodstuff at cheaper prices as the prices of commodities come down, due to removal of VAT on diesel.

But we all know that in Nigeria what goes up hardly comes down.

Machinegun91:
How is diesel important to a poor man like me?

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by emorse(m): 8:29am On Oct 06, 2023
NutritionGuru:
Great NEWS! One of the things that was revealed during the meeting of youngest Abuja Politicians at Apo Legislative Quaters 3 Days ago is the Presidential Plan to make Nigerian-Grown Foods unprecedentedly Surplus and Government Provision for Exportation of the Excess. Watch out for More Agriculture Great NEWS on the Billion Naira Incentives to massively Pull Nigerian Youths Population into Lucrative Farming, it is on the way.
More on this was revealed in a section here: https://www.nairaland.com/7866920/let-tinubu-breathe-allow-tinubu#126227545

Please, repent from your Negativity Spreading for once! By that 6 Month, Fuel price would have reduced drastically with the Plans that Government is currently implementing and the wicked Artificial FOREX Scarcity intentionally orchestrated by enemies of this Administration to make Naira useless would have been dealt with. Nigeria and Nigerians shall soon Celebrate!

I've saved a screenshot of this post. In six months I'll call you out hopefully to congratulate you for your foresight. Even though I don't see this happening, I hope it does because nobody benefits from leadership failure.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by pocom16: 8:29am On Oct 06, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

The VAT wasn't even there before BULABAA came and imposed it to further strangulate Nigerians.
VAT has always been on all imports Oga
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by NAC1666: 8:30am On Oct 06, 2023
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by pocom16: 8:31am On Oct 06, 2023
Funkyswagzz:
Up till now I've not seen any permanent measures from tinubu.. I really don't think this man has any solution for our economy
lol..

Sadly..The solution isn't to make things cheaper if that's what you are looking for.
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by NutritionGuru: 8:35am On Oct 06, 2023
emorse:

I've saved a screenshot of this post. In six months I'll call you out hopefully to congratulate you for your foresight. Even though I don't see this happening, I hope it does because nobody benefits from leadership failure.
May ALMIGHTY GOD Bless you and I my brother, nobody benefits from wishing Nigeria stagnancy. We shall all witness Better, Prosperous and Glorious Nigeria soon in Jesus' Name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:42am On Oct 06, 2023
pocom16:

VAT has always been on all imports Oga

Go and check.

7.5% VAT on diesel was imposed by this government.

Maybe it was there, but it was lower.
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by Administration1: 8:47am On Oct 06, 2023
I no understand Una moderators again. This news is fake, Labour rejected this and they deliberated on it again on the 1st of October 2023 and agreed on 35,000 for every federal government worker.

cc: seun, Mynd44, OAM4J. Please take note

https://www.arise.tv/nlc-tuc-reach-truce-with-fg-suspend-nationwide-strike-for-30-days/

https://www.nairaland.com/7863033/nlc-tuc-sign-15-point-agreement

Mynd44, OAM4J
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by PaulH07: 8:49am On Oct 06, 2023
NewDea4:

Please what does the lower energy density portend?
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by BeigJawnson(m): 8:54am On Oct 06, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:
So after six months, what next? Tinubu has missed d whole ting. So dis is d best Tinubu can do as a president? Master strategist in d midst of Yoruba mugus bcs Yorubas are easily deceived that's why they sees him as Lord and master

#YorubaPonu
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by BeigJawnson(m): 8:55am On Oct 06, 2023
ImoleNaija:
A sect of people would still condemn this.

They have traded their 8-year joy for criticism. grin

#YorubaPonu
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by BeigJawnson(m): 9:00am On Oct 06, 2023
NutritionGuru:

Nobody can celebrate when a devil and a drug lord rules... Soon celebrate in your own terms is not different from a town hall different from balablue, blue blue, bulaba... Osinwin celebrate kor, celebrant ni.... Ode. #YorubaPonu
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by bablon20(m): 9:09am On Oct 06, 2023
Why is it that good deeds are always premature in Nigeria, why 6 Months. Why can't they remove it indefinitely?
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by princenaira(m): 9:53am On Oct 06, 2023
Tum bom Tum bom government. Terrible people
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by mikeapollo: 10:13am On Oct 06, 2023
BrandSpurNG:

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2023/10/02/federal-government-removes-vat-on-diesel-for-six-months/

This is a clueless, incompetent and confused government.
Why six months? The useless government still wants to put VAT on diesel, which people buy primarily because the government has failed to provide electricity. The foolish government still wants to impose VAT on that.
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by Jlow2: 10:18am On Oct 06, 2023
Some times I wonder if these people re in Nigeria , diesel is 1000naira per liter, oluwole government
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by Tozocalamity: 10:34am On Oct 06, 2023
Quite comendable
Re: Federal Government Removes VAT On Diesel For Six Months by lawani: 10:40am On Oct 06, 2023
emmanuelbrown26:

To tell u how useless a tribe can be, supporting any spit from certificate forge. Removing Vat for six months, after that what next? Trial and error is not what Nigeria needs now. No blueprint for d public to know what to expect.
If you were Yoruba you would be the chief supporter of Tinubu. You don't support him only because he is not Igbo. Otherwise you would have supported him. On the surface, based on charisma, clout and achievement, Tinubu is the best of the top contestants and it is only if you dig deeper that you can know he is fake. There is no difference between Tinubu a man using the identity of a woman to operate and Peter Obi who claim to be a UNN graduate but submitted only O level to INEC. Is there any difference?. It is the same exact issue and Yorubas are not known for crimes more than Igbos because they are bedevilled by largely the same issues. Do you understand?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Supreme Court Upholds The Election Of Okorocha As Governor / 11 Killed In Benue Ailla And Adagbo Communal Clash, Herders Burn Down Houses / Military Kill 4 Voters At A Polling Unit In Kebbi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.