Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe (17218 Views)

Corper & Her Husband Arrested For Chaining & Maltreating Their Househelp / Herdsmen Kill 65-Year-Old Man In Imo (Disturbing Photos) / Zimbabwean Man Falls Asleep After Raping 65-year-old Woman In Her Bedroom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by grandstar(m): 2:05pm On Oct 06, 2023
This is how semi-illiterate and illiterate people treat mental health challenges.

1 Like

Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 2:06pm On Oct 06, 2023
LOL grin grin..Lies upon lies.I live in yobe and specifically in potiskum but never heard anything like this.people should stop promoting useless propaganda just because they want to tarnish the image of the northern nigeria.
Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by grandstar(m): 2:08pm On Oct 06, 2023
Ibrahimlagosian:
LOL grin grin..Lies upon lies.I live in yobe and specifically in potiskum but never heard anything like this.people should stop promoting useless propaganda just because they want to tarnish the image of the northern nigeria.

Why can't it be true.

Even some well educated people have done worse.

By the way, are there indigenous Hausas in Yobe?
Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by nairalanda1(m): 2:08pm On Oct 06, 2023
IbrahimSkiba:
It's always the Northern part of Nigeria with this kind of news

No, you have the same issue in other parts of Nigeria...like this case from Arochukwu, and another one from Enugu, and even from other parts of the country.

It is all over. And it reflects limited resources to handle mentally ill people in Nigeria.

Infact the first time I heard they were chaining mentally ill people was in Ghana, which at the time only had 4 psychiatrists in the whole country.
Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 06, 2023
Toks2008, this is you in few years time... grin grin grin
Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by ojun50(m): 2:12pm On Oct 06, 2023
Alchemy528:
Have you had from the 2 sides
Werey Omo
Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by jonex2000: 2:24pm On Oct 06, 2023
Seems that 65 yrs old man knows how to cook
I sell furnitures in port harcourt and electrical services whatsapp 07063150372
Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by sulakishop(m): 2:30pm On Oct 06, 2023
Same thing should be done to him
Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 2:52pm On Oct 06, 2023
Yep maybe kiss
grandstar:

Why can't it be true.

Even some well educated people have done worse.

By the way, are there indigenous Hausas in Yobe?
Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by kevwemike: 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2023
Another question: dose it mean that the woman's family didn't ask after her for a whole one year?
Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by IbrahimSkiba(f): 3:22pm On Oct 06, 2023
nairalanda1:

No, you have the same issue in other parts of Nigeria...like this case from Arochukwu, and another one from Enugu, and even from other parts of the country.

It is all over. And it reflects limited resources to handle mentally ill people in Nigeria.

Infact the first time I heard they were chaining mentally ill people was in Ghana, which at the time only had 4 psychiatrists in the whole country.

Got it
Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by Nmezor(f): 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2023
What a husband undecided angry sad shocked
Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by ObaaOfYorubaLan: 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2023
Backwards tribe, harboring infants as a wife na their trademark

Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by Chochovini: 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2023
Jeon:
Your wife again.
You will definitely kill her if she was a girlfriend.

Well, men have no heart and feelings.
. Did you mean all men? I want to check something.
Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by Toks2008(m): 5:18pm On Oct 06, 2023
Samantha124:
Toks2008, this is you in few years time... grin grin grin

If you know me you will never want to leave me.

Im too sweet to do such.
Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 06, 2023
But you like it when your woman is in chains...😂😂😂
Toks2008:

If you know me you will never want to leave me.

Im too sweet to do such.
Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by Taiwo20(m): 8:09pm On Oct 06, 2023
Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:40pm On Oct 06, 2023
Na North get A1 for this crime
Re: 65-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Chaining, Starving Wife One Year In Yobe by Nnetriplet: 7:41am On Oct 07, 2023
nairalanda1:
Thoths on the matter

1.The man's wife is probably mentally challenged.

2.This is Nigeria. In the land of the whites, facilites for mentally ill people are limited (one American boy took his life in the US two years ago, and his mom believes that the lack of an emergency bed space for her son...all were taken up...contributed). Imagine Nigeria.

(And we are even better than Ghana that at one time had 4 psychiatrists for 20 million people. One who had retired officially, but was still working for obvious reasons).

3.In a state where the nearest psych hospital is miles away (there is one in Maiduguri, but travelling in Boko country...where your life is not safe even if you are a Muslim self)....and where there is no consultant psychiatirst even in Potiskum...all they probably gat is a GP who might know enough to give her some psych drugs for a few weeks....yeah, you get the picutre.

4.So man chains her up.

5.Yes, he was barbaric. But at the end, Nigeria needs more money and funding for mental health in this country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Molest Daughters, 15-month-old Granddaughter / KKK Sets Afro-american Woman On Fire / Gas Explosion In Ilorin Destroys Goods Worth Millions Of Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.