Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam (14973 Views)

My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / My Experience At A Scam Interview Company. / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by IyaTola: 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2023
Fun Friday,

Share with us how you found out an Interview Invite was from Scammers.

Mine was a very awkward experience in my early years of job hunting, as far as I get an interview invite I will go.

So these particular scammers have mastered their art of sending invites, they had a website, they had a phone number, and an official email so I didn't suspect much. On the day of the interview, I didn't bother to do due diligence so I took bolt ride to the venue, around Oba Akran but when I got there the kind of building I was seeing.

Immediately I entered I saw some candidates too, when it was time for interview they were interviewing 7 persons at a time🤨🤨🤨, asking questions as if we were having lecture in a classroom🤔🤔🤔.

Next they told the ladies to move one side and the men one side, from here I started suspecting something was off. When I knew I had entered one chance was when they gave us a pass mark based on how we looked🤥🤥🤥🤥. They announced to all of us that we would do registration with 25k🤨🤨🤨, me that is looking for a job when I saw the money, and one of them came to where I was and said I would be the head of marketing because I had to look and the body of a marketer🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄..... What did I just hear...... I carried myself and ran out of the building.

Since then before I go for any interview I must ensure due diligence before I fall into the wrong hands.

Kindly share your scam interview experience and how you found out they were scammers.

Happy Customer Service Week.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by xpd154(m): 7:18pm On Oct 06, 2023
Bro, I had had a similar experience
I just graduated from the department of History and International Studies Akwa Ibom state University. So I return from school last month being September to Eket L.G.A where I stay with my aunt. As a guy wey be newbie for labor market I join group wey be 2023 job vacancy for Eket.
Sharp Sharp I post am in need of a good paying job in Eket . Na so one Emma Smith drop commot make I dm am say job dey.
I dm my guy he ask me to come with my CV, passport and 500h for application form. I hurryly collect money form my aunt process the said document.
I dress codedly to the location at Grace bill road Eket. Note: the guy refused to tell me the nature of the job still I arrive the venue.
As I reached Grace bill I couldn't locate d place na so them snd person to pick me up.
My dear nairalander, as I enta na so I see chairs and white board . Them carry me go meet one young guy with another lady wey been dey there . They say interview don start na so so preaching about a rich man and poor man mind set of making money. Them do jotting for paper. See me I been no even chop sef.
Las las them talk say their company na TASLY n na network marketing them dey do make I pay 8k for registration say them go give me health care product to sell to recover my money n if I refer more people I go win mansion, car and a tourist trip.
E pain me ehnn as I no even chop commot 4 huz only to waste my precious time to hear nonsense. Na who go fit spare 10k-20k to buy just one product on top dis balalalaboooo economy. Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwww disperatness no good sha.
Am still in Eket Akwa Ibom State in case any one can help me on a legit job. My Whatsapp number na 080.7544.1500[color=#000000][/color]

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by businessgirl(f): 9:21pm On Oct 06, 2023
Thats neolife. I had an experience with them. My first time calling the police because I already planned my life with the mouth watering offer, did all the mental calculations, thinking I'd gotten something.

I sat through the "interview" trying to catch myself from strangling someone.

The journey to-- was a long bloody mess. I remember slightly cursing under my breath, that this better be worth it.

I excused myself close to the end and located the nearest station.

Today, I'm glad to assist people in dire need of jobs so they don't have to go through these frustrations. Yet, I still advice close examination of every job offer you get.

Now, If you are in need of a job, check my signature. If you can't view my signature, click on my monicker and scroll down. If you can't follow these steps, Lol don't bother you might not be able to handle any of our jobs.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by IyaTola: 12:50pm On Oct 15, 2023
undecided
businessgirl:
Thats neolife. I had an experience with them. My first time calling the police because I already planned my life with the mouth watering offer, did all the mental calculations, thinking I'd gotten something.

The journey to-- was a long bloody mess. I remember slightly cursing under my breath, that this better be worth it.

Today, I'm glad to assist people in dire need of jobs so they don't have to go through these frustrations. Yet, I still advice close examination of every job offer you get.

Now, If you are in need of a job, check my signature. If you can't view my signature, click on my monicker and scroll down. If you can't follow these steps, Lol don't bother you might not be able to handle any of our jobs.
Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2023
If anyone ask you to come for a job farm job in ibadan, pls don't go and if you must go make sure you have enough money to transport yourself back or sorry na your name.

28 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by IyaTola: 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2023
Iceybama:
If anyone ask you to come for a job farm job in ibadan, pls don't go and if you must go make sure you have enough money to transport yourself back or sorry na your name.
State it clearly from the get go if you will be refunded for your tfare, simple sturv
Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2023
I don't understand what you wrote

IyaTola:
State it clearly from the get go if you will be refunded for your tfare, simple sturv

12 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by IyaTola: 1:30pm On Oct 15, 2023
Iceybama:
I don't understand what you wrote

when invited for an interview state it to them if you will be refunded for your tfare before stepping out.
Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 15, 2023
You're right, a mistake i will never make in my life again. I learnt the hard way.

IyaTola:
when invited for an interview state it to them if you will be refunded for your tfare before stepping out.

4 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by Damidave1124(m): 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2023
When I was in Lokoja in year 2020, I was invited for a job interview not knowing it was all these Neolife people.

Woke up early, ironed my cloth, dressed up and set out early so I will not be late, immediately I got to the location I saw the red flags here and there because we were to many, both young and old.

They gathered all of us under one tree and gave us one mumu lecture about why it's not good to depend on salary, why we should work for them, and stories of those who worked for them and are already outside the country and so on.

When they told us that we'd have to register with the sun of #16500, na that time I vex stand up begging dey trek go my house, some of their people tried persuading me to stop and finish the program, but the way I looked at them and started walking away, no one dares touch me again, I was ready to go physical with them for wasting my time and TP.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by emmabest2000(m): 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2023
Iceybama:

Your last comment is not correct,
May i help you correct am

IF YOU MUST GO
WEAR HELMET ⛑️ TO SECURE YOUR SKULL 💀 OR ......

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by paymentvoucher: 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2023
grin
Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by Dexy4yah(m): 2:31pm On Oct 27, 2023
Naija now.....if you no use your head... someone else will use it for you.

You gas tear eyes front and back this days

6 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by Dailymice: 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2023
I posted this on my profile but it never made FP last week.

I watched a video on Facebook where "tech" millionaire BLord said you can buy followers and likes on his app once you download it.

I proceeded to download the app before reading reviews, *first mistake* and bought followers for my Instagram business second mistake where I paid 8500 for 2000 followers. Followers I no see, my money gone!

I now went to read the reviews on PlayStore and Instagram and saw that soo many people were complaining. It was then I knew the app was a scam.

There is no costumer care service on the app and it's just an app for siphoning monies of customers. Please BEWARE..

WILL INCLUDE SCREENSHOTS to explain my ordeal

13 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by Kcfresh2103(m): 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2023
cool Some of these job sites in Naija are not helping matters. You go report job scam to them to save innocent job seekers...they will start asking useless questions because the job scammers must have certainly paid for the fake job advert.
As for the job scam, we can get rid of them fake job if we want to, with the police playing a major role.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by bestman09(m): 2:32pm On Oct 27, 2023
Here to learn something for my children
Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by Atheistan: 2:33pm On Oct 27, 2023
Lol
Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by DesChyko: 2:34pm On Oct 27, 2023
GNLD.. The GOAT of Scam Interviews

I saw their vacancy advert and applied. Got their message inviting me for an interview due to my impressive CV. I'm just fresh into the Labour market and my grades were not on the CV but WTH.. They said impressive, so nothing else mattered. I was in cloud 8 😌

So I approached Henry, who joyfully lent me the same suit he gave me during my project defence. Henry is broader at the shoulders so the suit was supposed to be bigger at the shoulders. However, I think the impressive praise I got expanded my shoulders to angle 90 to fit the suit so I no wan hear say e no match.😑

I spent about 90% of my muscle mass and the energy from the food I ate that day ironing razor sharp gators into the suit trousers. Hopefully, they will clear the path for me 😎. That's how son of man prepared o, thinking my breakthrough was finally here. The LUDE polish saw depreciation that night as I generously applied it to the brogues to hide the age of the shoes. They always said then that how you dressed is how you want to be addressed.

5 A.M., and I was on the way to Yaba, to meet up with this high profile, Fortune 500 Company with a Potential to Empower The Youths of Tomorrow, as per their description in the SMS. I navigated the alleys with a chip on my shoulder (bro, I'm wearing suit and brogues, what do you expect?), and finally arrived at the venue. 😌

The venue? I remember thinking. This is just like an empty space with all these benches in football centre and tarpaulin demarcation here and there. Even the people there, the way they were dressed, I kuku concluded that if this was the place, we are not here for the same thing. After all, one brilliant man said 'Don't judge a book by its covers' (Ogun later kee this man sha).🔥

I sha brought out my BIRD flip phone and dialled my boss (who later introduced himself as Line Manager, which is a term I found impressive (for about 2 hours)). This man came out, but he didn't dress like CEO with his SAMSUNG blue light phone (those business centre model) 😐. On the other side, Mark Zuckerberg sef dey wear one Kain shirt with trouser so make I chill. He said I should go with him and I did. That's how we passed different groups of people o, until we reached where this man kept his own army of recruits. I was given a seat and I nodded to all those other guys (some of whom dressed to kill too.). Okay, let's do this.😎

That's how this man began to talk long story o. From history of Golden Neolife Diamite and all those things, to how leg and leg will multiply to give more legs, to selling health products to buying starter pack.. Omo. Is this interview or training for the interview. At a point, I had to ask o and he started another story that described how 'Salary is slavery-something-something..'. Imagine telling me that came to chop your money with my impressive CV that what you are supposed to pay me is slavery.. In that case, enslave me abeg, that's what I'm here for. I didn't come for freedom nah 🥲

When I saw that ontop the heat dealing with me inside this borrowed suit, Oga was not ready to enslave anybody, instead, wanted to chook hand inside our pocket, I excused myself and left to take a serious decision. I had a serious decision to make between concocting a story on how the interview I dressed to kill for went or how God will punish GNLD. I later settled for the latter and told whoever cared to listen that once they see people sitting down in clutches in any interview center, they should leave immediately and send 'God Punish You' to the person that reached out to them. 🤬

Now that I think of it, God will still punish them 🤬

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by wittywriter: 2:34pm On Oct 27, 2023
Reading through comments...

Theunbothered:
There was a man I recently interviewed, he said he got a first class in America, worked for Deloitte accounting and owned three petrol stations in the UK.

He said we should give him a chance at our company as a manager and he will give us 30% profit every year.

After we hired him our expenditure has increased to 3 times the original operating costs. We can't jet him go because our shareholders think he just needs time to adjust. cry
No Pun intended.

Wittyness.
Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by Franknews1: 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2023
For the Pain Obedients caused me, Peter Obi will never be President- Reno Omokri
Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrApvvdIChQ
Watch Me Dance The Obito Continua. Peter Obi Will NEVER Be President of Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by Kcfresh2103(m): 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2023
businessgirl:

People should check your signature for a job? cool

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by Theunbothered: 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2023
There was a man I recently interviewed, he said he got a first class in America, worked for Deloitte accounting and owned three petrol stations in the UK.

He said we should give him a chance at our company as a manager and he will give us 30% profit every year.

After we hired him our expenditure has increased to 3 times the original operating costs. We can't let him go because our shareholders think he just needs time to adjust. cry

9 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by Primusinterpares(m): 2:36pm On Oct 27, 2023
When I heard just bring 2 persons

Then you can become a director with good downline the. Dubia trip fully sponsored .

4 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by LarryCork: 2:36pm On Oct 27, 2023
[quote author=IyaTola post=126234132][/quote]

well I was intavntaviwwwwing one babe for sexxc & she lie telling every woman I was too big..TRUE STORY!!(no oofencse) angry
Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by kennyz247(m): 2:37pm On Oct 27, 2023
Beautiful
Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by safarilove(m): 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2023
Na God save me from the hands of dis Qnet agent.. During interview, I was asked to cough out almost #500,000 for registration and afterwards I will be swimming in wealth all the days of my life..
Then, my heart was not at rest as I knew something was fishy..As I take japa from dat venue till today still amazes me like say dem wan jinx me..

4 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by TreasureHunter(m): 2:40pm On Oct 27, 2023
I provided funding for some projects only to discover later that the promoters had no idea about the business but were only looking for money they could divert to their pockets angry
Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by IyaTola: 2:40pm On Oct 27, 2023
undecided
LarryCork:

well I was intavntaviwwwwing one babe for sexxc & she lie telling every woman I was too big..TRUE STORY!!(no oofencse) angry
Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by Kobicove(m): 2:40pm On Oct 27, 2023
My own experience is not scam per sé, I came to the realisation that Nigerians are generally exploitative of a person who is too trusting undecided

8 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by princeemmma(m): 2:41pm On Oct 27, 2023
e shoke oo

experience were i was invited to interview on sunday, i went after church without eating anything (because as a choir you must fast on Sunday).. We got there behold it was scam and i wasted 4 good hours without eating anything....... all exit road blocked

At the end of the day we were asked to invest.... I just told them am not interested, i only want job

it was awesome experience as i almost die to suffocation at the place

4 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam by adesegun121(m): 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2023
Wahala

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You Cannot Login To Npower Volunteer Site! / Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria / Proven Strategies To Reduce Employees Absenteeism In The Workplace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.