Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre (20900 Views)

Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1000 Per Liter Mark / Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis / Forex Crisis: Marketers Propose ₦‎720/Litre, Suspend Fuel Imports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by Paulinnews: 8:44pm On Oct 06, 2023
Bella Shmurda Drop Tribute Song & Customized Diamond Pendant for Mohbad, as Naira Marley Look alike Spotted

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ-TFQIuk2U
Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by mrdharkchild(m): 8:44pm On Oct 06, 2023
mrvitalis:

I own a manufacturing factory has never ans would never be connected to nepa

In fact it's cheaper to produce your own power as a factory than using Nepa

Most ICT companies can easily get solar and inverter

Power is not our issue access to credit is that's what's killing Nigeria

Selfish mofo.
Power is not your problem, you are rich and don't consider others.

All those information about factory and not connecting to NEPA are unnecessary boiler plates.

Regards.

Why are you even here? To show yourself or what?

4 Likes

Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by osazsky(m): 8:44pm On Oct 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Nigerians are not too poor to afford constant electricity. Homes and businesses run on petrol generators, if you provide that electricity, Nigerians won't need those generators and will channel those resources to paying light bills.

Create the stable electricity first. Don't put the cart before the horse.
do they put on d gen for 24hrs..the guy said d thruth oga we are too poor to afford 24 hrs supply of electricity
Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by Eneye4me: 8:45pm On Oct 06, 2023
mrvitalis:

"If we stabilize power supply "

Nigerians are too poor for constant power supply... Anyone who can afford constant power supply have it... It's just fact that you guys don't want to accept

Average Nigeria needs to pay $100 monthly per house for us to have power 24/7

Fuel would sale for 1000 there is nothing anyone can do about it ... You need about $100 to fuel your car monthly

The issue should be focusing on your people earning more than focusing on the impossible of reducing cost
is dollar Ur currency?

3 Likes

Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by Funkyswagzz(m): 8:45pm On Oct 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Nigerians are not too poor to afford constant electricity. Homes and businesses run on petrol generators, if you provide that electricity, Nigerians won't need those generators and will channel those resources to paying light bills.

Create the stable electricity first. Don't put the cart before the horse.

The inflation they are suffering is not enough they want to make it worse.
Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by joseph1832(m): 8:45pm On Oct 06, 2023
Ishilove:

What will someone not read on this internet bayi 😱😱😱
as in, the sheer ignorance in that post is enough to give a person with a functioning brain a lobotomy.

Like seriously, most businesses rarely run on Gen, or I didn't read that part? I'm even confuse sef. 😩

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by Ishilove: 8:46pm On Oct 06, 2023
joseph1832:
as in, the sheer ignorance in that post is enough to give a person with a functioning brain a lobotomy.

Like seriously, most businesses rarely run on Gen, or I didn't read that part? I'm even confuse sef. 😩
My confusion is confused 😕

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by odimbannamdi(m): 8:47pm On Oct 06, 2023
creativehubb:

We need to utilize both import ceilings and domestic production, so we achieve quick results. There are so many things we are importing that we do not need, I can not mention all right now, but believe me, if we place import ceilings on some of those things we will live well without them. Especially forcing companies to build production units in Nigeria, companies like Benz, Toyota, Honda, should be producing from Nigeria.

Boldbrainz have presented superior arguments. Import ceilings is a pseudo-solution - an easy route but won't solve anything. Our leaders have always chosen the easy way out which leads us to nowhere. They just cut off the branches without taking off the roots.

It is time for our leaders to do the hard things. These include reducing the cost of governance by a least 70%, using the savings to fastrack the revamping of our refineries, improving security, providing credit access to SMEs, improving power, etc.

Our leaders know what to do, but they lack the courage and moral justification to do the right thing. The manner with which Tinubu became President and the countless controversies that have trailed him makes it all the more difficult.

Such a sad situation, if you as me

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by shegzee43: 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2023
creativehubb:
Government should impose import ceilings on goods we don't really need, we must drastically reduce our imports. If we don't demand dollars, it's value will drop. QED.

You want to reduce importation, you don't have good roads, no electricity, no security, your economic and social environment is inconducive for investment. How will you survive if you place a ban on import?
Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by Amonijosh1: 8:49pm On Oct 06, 2023
why cant we produce petroleum product with all the crude we claim to have in this country
we only sabi share excess crude reserve
Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by Amonijosh1: 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2023
we just dey speak big big grammar for simple problem, produce the fucking product locally, finish...

1 Like

Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by Amonijosh1: 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2023
government should channel same energy exerted in rigging elections into the quest for local production of petroleum products...
Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by Theunbothered: 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2023
Renewed shege loading. grin

1 Like

Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by achi4u(m): 8:54pm On Oct 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

This is naivety speaking.

All those items you mentioned are luxuries whose imports don't even contribute up to 4 percent of the pressure on the FX market.

Why?
Those are items that are comfortably affordable to Nigerians that don't number up to 10 million, at this very instant. Taking them off the import list or taxing them heavily is going to have an infinitesimal effect on the current naira/dollar quagmire. And humans have a way of sourcing for things that are out of reach, even if they have to circumvent the system. The moment you raise taxes on those things or ban their importation, they automatically become twice as expensive as cocaine. Importers will put more money into smuggling them in, and those willing consumers will only be too happy to spend even more to acquire them. You have solved nothing.

You people keep prescribing paracetamol for acute malaria. Fuel, food, health care and education are the major drains on our FX right now. Fix the basic rots in those four places with local production, and you have automatically eased pressure on the naira by 50 percent. Those are the things every ordinary Nigerian sweats to afford. If those things are domestically produced in the right quantity and quality, importers will no longer make profits from bringing them in, cause people will opt for what is home and affordable.
you hit the nail on the head

2 Likes

Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by silvoclaira: 8:54pm On Oct 06, 2023
mrvitalis:

Nigerians are too poor for constant power supply... Anyone who can afford constant power supply have it... It's just fact that you guys don't want to accept

Fuel would sale for 1000 there is nothing anyone can do about it ... You need about $100 to fuel your car monthly

The issue should be focusing on your people earning more than focusing on the impossible of reducing cost

Yeye..
I buy electricity token of 100,000 every week and I ain't a factory house. When my home is running out of diesel fuel, because of lack of stable electricity, I used up 40-60liters of diesel a day. Many Nigerians will pay for constant power supply. Stop generalizing niggar cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by ezechi242: 8:54pm On Oct 06, 2023
mrvitalis:

where did you get this agbado analysis from......even the poorest cities in Ghana has 24 hours electricity.

4 Likes

Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by silvoclaira: 8:55pm On Oct 06, 2023
ezechi242:

where did you get this agbado analysis from......even the poorest cities in Ghana has 24 hours electricity.

The guy is wack with his analysisssssss wink

5 Likes

Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by Theunbothered: 8:56pm On Oct 06, 2023
creativehubb:
Government should impose import ceilings on goods we don't really need, we must drastically reduce our imports. If we don't demand dollars, it's value will drop. QED.

Who defines the goods we don't really need? If you look at our trade figures one of the largest items imported are REFINED OIL PRODUCTS.

1 Like

Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by Slynation(m): 8:56pm On Oct 06, 2023
The problem still boils down to one thing, Nigeria desperately need a working refinery...when that is done, there will be nothing like landing cost and exchange rate affecting the price of PMS. But the politics in this country is just too much and the useless leaders prioritize frivolities over pressing issues.

3 Likes

Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by garriAndsugar: 8:56pm On Oct 06, 2023
check 1st page. so many analysis grin
according to the certificate forger I quote, na statistics we go chop?
Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by Sonfethopia: 8:56pm On Oct 06, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol you just spoke like a typical Nigeria

What's the percentage of people that run on gen? Most business barely use their gen

90% of Nigerians who can afford constant power have constant power.... If you know you want constant power dont you know an estate in your city with constant or near constant power?

Power is not important to Nigeria now as a president I won't even invest too much into its

The guy is right,people who want constant power have it. There is what we call industrial line ,it has 24/7 power, its supposed to be for industries , since there r no industries, private individuals pay high amounts to be on that power line and have 24/7 power.

When I was in sch, a big hotel who connected into the line gave my hostel power. It's 24/7 we pay 2k monthly as bill. I heard the landlord paid the hotel almost 300k to be put on the line.
Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by Akinwalecollins: 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2023
If not that Oluwole Certificate tampered with the FX, the landing cost would have been #300/litre.
Poor enomoman that remove fuel subsidy and destroy FX at the same time
Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by okoroemeka(m): 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2023
creativehubb:
the manner the subsidy was removed without contingency plan is the cause of all this,if the government repaired just one refinery it will make an impact and if the government is sincere and serious they can crash repair it in less than 3-4 months

4 Likes

Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by shegzee43: 8:59pm On Oct 06, 2023
mrvitalis:

You are very correct. The thorny question then is, how do you improve the purchasing power of an average Nigerian? The answer I believe is an industrial revolution. Think about what you just said, if the government put more monies in the pockets of the people, I believe the country will plunge itself into a mammoth inflation.

The country has reached that state that any economic decision which is not well thought about will result in much more problems. We need people who are able to think outside the box in positions of leadership.
Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by Theunbothered: 8:59pm On Oct 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

You cannot drastically reduce imports when you don't have locally produced alternatives to those import products you're cutting off.

Do you want to create chaos in a national dimension? What is even wrong with some of you?

Buhari border closure did irreparable harm to the Nigerian economy, now imagine a total import restriction. Do they even know the largest share of imported goods are essential items?

When Peter Obi was talking statistics some people's concern was what they will chop.

2 Likes

Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by cucumbar: 9:00pm On Oct 06, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol you just spoke like a typical Nigeria

What's the percentage of people that run on gen? Most business barely use their gen

90% of Nigerians who can afford constant power have constant power.... If you know you want constant power dont you know an estate in your city with constant or near constant power?

Power is not important to Nigeria now as a president I won't even invest too much into its
this one don mental o. Where is the constant power? You are not okay.

2 Likes

Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by Theunbothered: 9:00pm On Oct 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Omoh, nairaland is not for me abeg! I'm so over all of this right now.

The guy mumu shock you abi? grin
Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by okoroemeka(m): 9:05pm On Oct 06, 2023
mrvitalis:

Yes you read right... Nigeria don't need power right not it's not that important
power is the most critical factor in a Nations development, without power you have grounded industries,hospitals,low productivity,excess pressure on fuel for generators,no SMEs,infact poor electrity is a national security issue,like Egypt found out during the Arab spring revolts
Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by Rayban26: 9:06pm On Oct 06, 2023
Dennisochampa:
All these useless hoebi supporters always falsifyin news.....
Fuel never reach 720...
I bought today...
Useless things

You ronu miscreants dont have problem now. Shebi you people buy specially at 50 naira per liter. Oloriburuku somebody
Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by emorse(m): 9:11pm On Oct 06, 2023
osazsky:
do they put on d gen for 24hrs..the guy said d thruth oga we are too poor to afford 24 hrs supply of electricity
Who needs power for 24 hours? Dem no dey sleep? So neighbouring countries that have fairly constant power are richer than us? Na wa o.
Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by mrvitalis(m): 9:12pm On Oct 06, 2023
okoroemeka:
power is the most critical factor in a Nations development, without power you have grounded industries,hospitals,low productivity,excess pressure on fuel for generators,no SMEs,infact poor electrity is a national security issue,like Egypt found out during the Arab spring revolts
Yes but not centralized power sir
Re: Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre by mrvitalis(m): 9:13pm On Oct 06, 2023
cucumbar:
this one don mental o. Where is the constant power? You are not okay.
Go to lekki Abuja, ph many places have 24 hours

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

SSS Probes Sheriff Over Alleged Boko Haram Sponsorship / How I Was Put In Same Cage I Urinated In For 2 Days —man Detained By CCT Chair / Okada Riders' Fight: Police Restore Normalcy To Iyana Iba/Alaba Rago Axis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.