Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Soyinka Invites EFCC, ICPC To Probe Him Over Accusation Of Fraudulent Academic C - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Invites EFCC, ICPC To Probe Him Over Accusation Of Fraudulent Academic C (226 Views)

Incitement: Dickson Replies Sylva, Senator Degi Over Accusation / Governor Abdulrazaq Invites EFCC To Probe Funds Disbursed To LG / Shehu Sani Tackles Buhari Over Accusation Against World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Soyinka Invites EFCC, ICPC To Probe Him Over Accusation Of Fraudulent Academic C by Karemarealty288(m): 4:22am On Oct 07, 2023
Soyinka invites EFCC, ICPC to probe him over accusation of fraudulent academic claims

Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka has called on those accusing him of fraudulent academic claims to submit all evidence to the EFCC, ICPC and the Directorate of Prosecutions within 30 days so that they can probe him.

Soyinka spoke after an online publication disputed his academic claims and attributed it to the scholastic industry of a Bristol schoolteacher.

Soyinka in a statement titled: “A Moral Call to Amoral Conscripts,” on Friday, sai he would voluntarily waive all protection under the statute of limitations, and insisted that the laws that govern fraudulent academic claims be invoked and applied to these allegations against him to the uttermost limit.

He declared in advance that, if found culpable, he shall strip himself of any titles and honours he might have garnered in his entire career, from the most obscure to the most coveted.

According to Soyinka, “A document of unmatchable scurrility, last encountered during General Sani Abacha’s global campaign of calumny against opponents of his despotic, infernally venal and homicidal reign, is back in circulation.

“Duly modified to suit a debased internet culture, it is making its grimy rounds ironically under the auspices of a democratic political party, supposedly dedicated to an ethos of freedom of opinion and expression. The contents of that script are attributed, as before, to the scholastic industry of a Bristol schoolteacher.”

He added that “While awaiting a decision from my lawyers whether or not to dignify the current sponsors of this mouldy tract with legal action, I wish to state in advance that I voluntarily waive all protection under the statute of limitations, and insist that the laws that govern fraudulent academic claims be invoked and applied to these allegations to the uttermost limit. I also declare, in advance that, if found culpable, I shall strip myself of any titles and honours I may have garnered in my entire career, from the most obscure to the most coveted.

“In return, I expect the purveyors of this sordid material to submit all evidence, however minuscule, to the nation’s investigative agencies – Directorates of Prosecutions, EFCC, ICPC, plus affected institutions and others – within the next thirty days.

“Failing this elementary service in public interest within the stated time, and/or If such allegations are yet again proven baseless, thus indicating that their sponsors can boast of neither honours to their careers nor honour to their births and origins, then, as a token of moral recompense, they should undertake to jump off the bridge of the symbolic River Niger, provided with life jackets to ensure a life of remorse after this ritual purgation, but chained to one another in a commendable unity of purpose.”

The Nobel Laureate said he had copied his statement to the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Pan-African Writers Association, Accra; Nigeran Association of Authors, the Nobel Foundation, Stockholm, the University of Leeds, the alleged Bristol Primary Source and his school, and the infested media.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2023/10/06/soyinka-invites-efcc-icpc-to-probe-him-over-accusation-of-fraudulent-academic-claims/

Re: Soyinka Invites EFCC, ICPC To Probe Him Over Accusation Of Fraudulent Academic C by Advancedpenis: 4:23am On Oct 07, 2023
You are a grandpa cultist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Invites EFCC, ICPC To Probe Him Over Accusation Of Fraudulent Academic C by AllenSpencer: 4:23am On Oct 07, 2023
Obedients have become nuisances!
Re: Soyinka Invites EFCC, ICPC To Probe Him Over Accusation Of Fraudulent Academic C by Whalis: 4:26am On Oct 07, 2023
Egbon Soyinka with all due respect, do not divert our attention with your verbosity. The only comment Nigerians are looking up to you is that of the CSU certificate of our darling president Tinubu.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Invites EFCC, ICPC To Probe Him Over Accusation Of Fraudulent Academic C by Ms202310: 4:27am On Oct 07, 2023
I like how Professor Wole Soyinka handles Obi and his supporters
Re: Soyinka Invites EFCC, ICPC To Probe Him Over Accusation Of Fraudulent Academic C by vincijr(m): 4:28am On Oct 07, 2023
Wole just avoiding the main issues troubling as a nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Invites EFCC, ICPC To Probe Him Over Accusation Of Fraudulent Academic C by Iamanoited: 4:31am On Oct 07, 2023
"soyinka-invites-efcc-icpc-to-probe-him-over-accusation-of-fraudulent-academic-claims".

Has NIGERIA degenerated to that Level?
Please come and probe me too.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Invites EFCC, ICPC To Probe Him Over Accusation Of Fraudulent Academic C by CooldipoMPS: 4:33am On Oct 07, 2023
Sadly these young bloods will stop at nothing, they have too much energy and they are idle. Best thing will be to ignore them or take a few to court for defamation of character!
Re: Soyinka Invites EFCC, ICPC To Probe Him Over Accusation Of Fraudulent Academic C by Advancedpenis: 4:44am On Oct 07, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Obedients have become nuisances!

Na Milo dey talk no be you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Invites EFCC, ICPC To Probe Him Over Accusation Of Fraudulent Academic C by Gucciblog: 4:45am On Oct 07, 2023
CooldipoMPS:
Sadly these young bloods will stop at nothing, they have too much energy and they are idle. Best thing will be to ignore them or take a few to court for defamation of character!

Nobody is defaming anyone. Founder of cultism in Nigeria is deflecting from the main issue. Nobody wants to see his so called certificate. Make en use am wrap weed.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Invites EFCC, ICPC To Probe Him Over Accusation Of Fraudulent Academic C by Mynd44: 5:05am On Oct 07, 2023

(1)

Mischief Makers Dragging Dgss Into Supreme Court Presidential Election Appeal Ju / Offa Township Stadium Has Become A Dam - Comrade Salaudeen To Gov Abdulrahman / 10 facts about Ola Olukayode new EFCC chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.