Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Who Developed This Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Who Developed This Site (1392 Views)

Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers / Who Developed Konga.com / Who Developed Oou.recordsoft.org. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Developed This Site by Ayd: 6:12pm On Sep 12, 2007
I need to know who developed this site

www.waeconline.org.ng
Re: Who Developed This Site by Ayd: 6:15pm On Sep 12, 2007
i thought it should be WAEC and not WEAC,
Re: Who Developed This Site by my2cents(m): 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2007
From the home page, it appears to be powered by: http://www.sidmach.com/

I hope this helps.
Re: Who Developed This Site by Ayd: 7:21pm On Sep 12, 2007
thanks how do i delete this thread
Re: Who Developed This Site by my2cents(m): 8:29pm On Sep 12, 2007
I don't think you can. At best, u can either, via "modify" delete the text or apply a strikethrough on your text to denote that the post no longer applies. Why bother doing that anyways? wink
Re: Who Developed This Site by opensource(m): 11:19pm On Sep 12, 2007
the site sucks

takes time to load , animated text are lame and unprofessional and I am sure they were made from switch Max

picture marquee on right hand side of screen makes no sence.

I think web masters to try and be more creative , just make it real rather than a flashy trash
Re: Who Developed This Site by Kobojunkie: 3:12am On Sep 13, 2007
If you ever find out who developed the site, please refer the person to me. I can help with

1) Better Looking interface

2) and even more information on how to better the site as a whole,

Heck, if it is not heavy work, I could work pro bono

KoboJunkie
Re: Who Developed This Site by my2cents(m): 6:34am On Sep 13, 2007
Kobojunkie,

you think say you go fit pass muster so? According to their "about us" page, "The company was incorporated by a group of qualified and highly experienced Nigerians who are committed to providing quality, professional, customised and timely service to clients. We have to our professional credit several successfully executed projects in Nigeria".

Also, according to their "founding directors" page, one of the directors has over 23 years of experience in, "system analysis, design, programming, system software support/management, project management and consulting services". He has even studied overseas.

You go fit?

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Who Developed This Site by Ayd: 7:30am On Sep 13, 2007
thanks guys i think waec needs help immediately.
Re: Who Developed This Site by Tokorie: 1:05pm On Sep 13, 2007
Look My2Cents,

Let me break it down like this to you. I know a couple of high school students who can design and build a website 100 times better than that one. I am sorry that those "Professionals" have over 23 years under their belt and all but that site SUCKS and worse for WAEC site, it is HORRIBLE and you can quote me on that anyday. Claiming you have so many years of experience and giving me that and even the companies own site for show of all that so called experience is just not selling anything good. I am sorry but it is the truth. Infact I can make the same claim for majority of the Nigerian government sites.

KoboJunkie
.Net Developer /Engineer
Re: Who Developed This Site by my2cents(m): 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2007
Kobojunkie (abi na Tokorie? I am a bit confused, based on how you signed off in the last post tongue):
That is what you get when nepotism trumps know-how. Also, as long as no one holds people's feet to the fire and in this case, students don't protest (not violently of course grin), you can expect more of this, unfortunately.
Re: Who Developed This Site by Ayd: 5:47pm On Sep 13, 2007
who are we to complain to its in the radio and possibly in the papers already, Candidates unable to check centres 2 days to the exam,
Re: Who Developed This Site by Afam(m): 6:53pm On Sep 13, 2007
This is really shocking and after the exams everyone will forget about this and wait till the problem comes around again and again.
Re: Who Developed This Site by Kobojunkie: 2:30am On Sep 14, 2007
I have two accounts on here. Just found the place yesterday and signed up for an account at work but got home and decided to change to the other UserID, hence the reason why I signed up for the second.

Anywho, I mean I am serious about helping these people build a better and more functional site cause I believe it is extremely ridiculous that an institution like WAEC would settle for such a silly looking and functioning application. No offense to whomever worked on this but I have to be honest, that site is a horrible site to behold and it barely does anything I would expect it is designed for. There comes a time when one has to give the job to people who can do it better.

AND again, this is not me trying to insult persons or claim to know better. Just a developer hoping that at least an institution such as that one would at least own a site that WORKS

KoboJunkie
Re: Who Developed This Site by Afam(m): 12:30pm On Sep 14, 2007
Kobojunkie:

Anywho, I mean I am serious about helping these people build a better and more functional site cause I believe it is extremely ridiculous that an institution like WAEC would settle for such a silly looking and functioning application. No offense to whomever worked on this but I have to be honest, that site is a horrible site to behold and it barely does anything I would expect it is designed for. There comes a time when one has to give the job to people who can do it better.

KoboJunkie

Let's say you are given an opportunity to redesign this site today how do you intend to convince them that you can deliver?

Do you have a website you have designed that can be used as a reference considering the fact that these days everybody claims to experts?
Re: Who Developed This Site by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2007
I have a list of websites I have worked on and am currently working on and can show proof of. Infact I have tons of references to offer them as well as a decent resume to back up my claim. I have a partner who happens to be a great web designer for the design and graphic works that maybe needed and able and willing to take on projects that may be available to improve our portfolio. If I be given the chance, I trust I am up to the task.

Sure claims can be made and the only way one can know for sure is to give that opportunity and then see what happens.

KoboJunkie
Re: Who Developed This Site by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2007
The site may be lame, but i know a guy who worked on the project as a database developer.

He sits pretty and gets an undisclosed amount of monies every year former Platinum Bank. I think the contract was with PBank and WAEC

I don't know about the web guys but i am sure they don't give a hoot. seeing all the monies coming in "free"
Re: Who Developed This Site by Kobojunkie: 11:35pm On Dec 02, 2007
lagerwhenindoubt:

The site may be lame, but i know a guy who worked on the project as a database developer.

He sits pretty and gets an undisclosed amount of monies every year former Platinum Bank. I think the contract was with PBank and WAEC

I don't know about the web guys but i am sure they don't give a hoot. seeing all the monies coming in "free"

Dude, hook me up. Tell the company I can do a better jobcheesy. ( just kidding) but seriously, that site is a shame to the country as a whole and if you can get me in so I can help, I would so appreciate it.
Re: Who Developed This Site by my2cents(m): 12:31pm On Dec 03, 2007
speaking of "free money":

There is a website managed by the akwa ibom property investment company, apicoltd.com. While the site was up, it was okay. Then it suddenly went off the air, so to speak. I asked a cousin of mine who works there and he told me that despite the site being offline and him not doing anything new to the site in at least a year, the "webmaster" still gets paid a salary.

Na wa for us nigerians o! cool
Re: Who Developed This Site by Kobojunkie: 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2007
WOW, someone hook me up with some of that free money please!! Heck, I will maintain the site even.
Re: Who Developed This Site by my2cents(m): 1:59pm On Dec 03, 2007
kobo,

apparently, the only way to get such access is to be "on ground". yet, when u r "on ground", u r being run around in circles. I can't tell u the number of people I have talked to in the last 72 hours regarding setting up shop in Nigeria. Pretty much everyone is discouraging. Only one person gave me a positive response. I will be following up with him when I return to the states.

I advertised www.webmastersofafrica.com (WOA) on COOL FM (lagos). I am currently looking at advertising the same site, as well as www.acewebdevelopment.net on AKBC radio. The rates are cheap (cool - N4000 for 30 secs, AKBC - 0 - 40 words for N550, up to 100 words for N1100). I hope and pray the adverts give me and members of WOA in general the exposure and business we deserve.

I will definitely keep you all posted.
Re: Who Developed This Site by TerrySoft(m): 4:12pm On Dec 03, 2007
Guys,

Though the look of a website is important to some extent, the functionality of a site is paramount. I would have forgiven the developers of the WAEC site if the site was at least functioning well, but both the design and the functions are zero. It is time for real webmasters to rise and break the horn on what they know how to do best rather than allow "quacks" mess up the field for us.

www.TerrySoft.net
Re: Who Developed This Site by Afam(m): 4:27pm On Dec 03, 2007
A highly functional site is far better than any site that does nothing but look beautiful.

People visit websites to complete tasks and if they cannot complete such tasks in reasonable times they will hit the back button fast.

I have seen very beautiful websites that devote all their time and energy on the look of the homepage and once you leave the homepage you will need to constantly look at the address bar to be certain you are still on the same website.

The best websites are websites that are readable (black text on white background the winner any day), have links that point to correct information and enable the user to complete whatever tasks he/she came to complete in the first place.

As more and more websites are taken down because the owners do not see any value in them many will begin to look for websites that work be it in the area of marketing, advertising, informing or branding.

Web designers on their own should learn programming as many business owners will want to have features and functionalities that the average web designer cannot implement.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Buy A Domain Name And Get Web Hosting / The Plot To Kill Php Mysql Extension / Dedicated Servers Starting From $99/month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.