Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Stay Away From Sin, Its Poisonous - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stay Away From Sin, Its Poisonous (238 Views)

How Can I Be Free From Sin Completely? / The Right Prayer For Repentance From Sin / Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stay Away From Sin, Its Poisonous by sexyteeola(f): 12:58pm On Oct 07, 2023
You can live your life without sin. Embrace Holiness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stay Away From Sin, Its Poisonous by Kobojunkie: 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2023
sexyteeola:
....[The message in the picture]
lies! undecided
Re: Stay Away From Sin, Its Poisonous by AntiChristian: 10:07am On Oct 08, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Stay Away From Sin, Its Poisonous by Kei144(m): 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2023
Sin is living contrary to words of God, which is rebellion towards God, whereas holiness is living in accordance with words of God.

Ph. 2:13 For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

No one can live in accordance with words of God by the exercise of will power, rather a person can live in accordance with words of God if God works in the person to will and to act according to His good purpose. Therefore, being sinful or holy is only a matter of whether God works in a person or not. Should we then say that a sinner is not to blame since her/his sinfulness is due to God choosing not to work in her/him? No. A human being determines whether God will work in her/him.

Re. 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

If any person hears words of God and opens the door, God goes in and works in that person to will and act according to His good will.

How does one open the door for God to come in? It is through pledge of allegiance. Just like in the case of pledge of allegiance to a country like Nigeria, pledge of allegiance to God is only a matter of speaking the right words, God's words.

Is. 55:10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
Is. 55:11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

God guarantees that if we return His word to Him, the word will accomplish the purpose for which He sent it. Therefore, as we return God's word to Him as a pledge of allegiance, God works in us to will and act in accordance with that word.

Jn. 3:34 For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.

The Lord Jesus Christ confirms that if one speaks words of God, God gives the Spirit without limit. The Spirit works in the person to make the person to will and act according to the words of God.

Mt. 5:48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Mt. 22:37 Jesus replied: “`Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
Mt. 22:38 This is the first and greatest commandment.
Mt. 22:39 And the second is like it: `Love your neighbour as yourself.’
Mt. 22:40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Lk. 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.

By your grace, Holy Father God Almighty, I shall be perfect, even as you, our heavenly father are perfect. I shall be holy and blameless. In the name of Jesus Christ.

By your grace, glorious Father God, I will always love you with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my mind and with all my strength. I shall love my neighbor as I love myself. In the name of Jesus Christ.

By your grace everlasting Father God, I shall do to others as I would have them do to me.

Above is an example of how I return specific words of God to Him. I do this every morning and evening. As I continually return God’s words to Him, I see my heart becoming cleaner and cleaner. God’s righteousness is increasing in me. This is not mere theory; practice this example continually and see yourself becoming free from sin.

sexyteeola:
Re: Stay Away From Sin, Its Poisonous by xproducer: 8:36pm On Oct 08, 2023
One need only look at the cross and ask oneself why it was necessary for the holy SON of GOD, the WORD... the Lord YESHUA HIMSELF to under-go all that HE did in suffering and dying (and resurrecting) for all whom HE came to stand as the Substitute for... to know that, but for GOD's mercies:

sin is deadly serious!!!

"But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” - Revelation 21:8

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 6:23
Re: Stay Away From Sin, Its Poisonous by petra1(m): 6:21am On Oct 09, 2023
sexyteeola:
What baffles me is that your moniker doesn’t tally with your message . Sexy Teola
Re: Stay Away From Sin, Its Poisonous by sexyteeola(f): 12:39pm On Oct 11, 2023
petra1:

What baffles me is that your moniker doesn’t tally with your message . Sexy Teola

Remain baffled My Oga
Re: Stay Away From Sin, Its Poisonous by Dtruthspeaker: 2:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
sexyteeola:

Yet your name is sintee. Any way, we get your message

(1) (Reply)

Should Christians Celebrate Halloween? What Does The Bible Say? / Was Jesus An Israeli Or A Palestinian Jew / Snow Miracle: Daddy Freeze Shades Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.