Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,629 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol (19147 Views)

Marketers Raise Alarm As Diesel Price Hits ₦‎1,100/Litre / Hoodlums Return To Lagos-Ibadan Long Bridge, Residents Raise The Alarm / Insecurity: FG Raises The Alarm Over Chemical, Nuclear Attacks, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by oneman2k7: 6:00pm On Oct 07, 2023
Ole ni everybody

1 Like

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by yesloaded: 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2023
Truly, the quality is very poor

Despite buying at expensive price we end getting poor fuel

If your car supposed to do 30MPG, you will be lucky to get 22MPG these days which is very bad

My vehicle with 17MPG city driving now giving me 10-12MPG city driving

4 Likes

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by LordAdam16: 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2023
Can confirm!

-Lord
Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by FxExpo(m): 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2023
Wahala too much in Nigeria, everyday you hear different wahala because of our corrupt mind, everybody sees opportunity to cash out even when it wrong

3 Likes

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by Skillsnigeria: 6:04pm On Oct 07, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by yesloaded: 6:05pm On Oct 07, 2023
Rilwayne001:
The way oil marketers have been whining and bring like little babies since the oil subsidy has been removed is serious.

Interesting.

If you own a car or generating set, you will never make this post

12 Likes

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by FireUpNow(m): 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2023
May the day and those who voted and supported this evil government be cursed.

4 Likes

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by NewDea4: 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2023
Islie:

https://thenationonlineng.net/marketers-raise-the-alarm-over-lightness-of-petrol/

Nigeria is basically an assemblage of the most evil and unscrupulous human beings on earth

1 Like

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2023
imported fuel has been very bad for a long time, but because all of them had their hand in the cookie jar, no one complained.

Now emilokan has reduced the number of hands that can enter the jar and some clowns are now complaining about quality? cheesy

This matter, all of us go collect till we get sense for this country.

6 Likes

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by Theunbothered: 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2023
Nigerians are still calm, maybe they don't understand how deep the shit they are in is. We are one oil price shift away from severe economic collapse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by Jlow2: 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2023
Oluwole everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by Theunbothered: 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2023
Rilwayne001:
The way oil marketers have been whining and bring like little babies since the oil subsidy has been removed is serious.

Interesting.

That's because the average Nigerian can not afford to pay the global price of fuel, it is not possible. We import almost all fuel we consume, when subsidy was removed marketers had to charge higher prices to make a profit, prices Nigerians can't afford.

This combined with the stupid float experiment that weakened the naira made fuel even more expensive. Without fuel almost every major business in Nigeria will fail, nairaland included.

GAZZUZZ:
imported fuel has been very bad for a long time, but because all of them had their hand in the cookie jar, no one complained.

Now emilokan has reduced the number of hands that can enter the jar and some clowns are now complaining about quality? cheesy

This matter, all of us go collect till we get sense for this country.

You have it all wrong read my above post.
Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by TheMensch(m): 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2023
#JUSTICE FOR THE KIDNAPPED CORPS MEMBERS IN ZAMFARA!!
Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by oglalasioux(m): 6:12pm On Oct 07, 2023
Almost all petrol stations are selling condensate.

3 Likes

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by socialmediaman: 6:15pm On Oct 07, 2023
ecolime:
True,

Our petrol is like coloured water now.

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. We always want to make money at the expense of others.

Our businessmen tell Chinese firms to produce inferior products for us. Now, fuel importers don dey tell foreign refineries to produce diluted fuel.

What the heck is NMDPRA doing?

People do it in other countries also and get sent to jail. Hold your leaders accountable who are corrupt and can’t clean up the system

1 Like

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by tnerro1(m): 6:19pm On Oct 07, 2023
True, that’s why I only buy from R………. Oil
Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:19pm On Oct 07, 2023
Theunbothered:

Unbothered

1 Like

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by goody234: 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2023
why in the nigerian govt so useless for gods sake !! just cant get anything right ...why this continued importation of fuel ...and you are a major producer make it make sense ,

Its a greedy useless govt official bringing in this adulterated petrol ...god will punish them and their family !!

1 Like

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by themanderon: 6:26pm On Oct 07, 2023
Petrol of those days were of 3 grades depending on the one you could afford. There was premium, super and regular. Today it seems the grade being imported is below regular. It cannot pass the standard supplied in civilized countries of the world but the importers somehow bribe their way through to bring in those rejects.

5 Likes

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by christoranky(m): 6:27pm On Oct 07, 2023
I was complaining to a friend about the 19k fuel I bought from total filling station this week Thursday... The way my fuel guage went down to reserved is still shocking to me... Really flabbergasted. This country is really something else ooo.
The organization called NMDPRA is not functional at all.... Bunch of criminals collecting bribe.

4 Likes

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by Taciturn1: 6:29pm On Oct 07, 2023
oglalasioux:
Almost all petrol stations are selling condensate.
This could be it. I was turning "PMS" into my Gen set today, it was extremely light and volatile almost like Spirit(ethanol) . Just a slight splash on the inside of the sizeable funnel, and the fuel would jump almost 15cm high. I knew something was wrong, especially since we aren't in winter where the excuse of lighter components in the blend could suffice

3 Likes

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by erniok(m): 6:29pm On Oct 07, 2023
ecolime:
True,

Our petrol is like coloured water now.

Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. We always want to make money at the expense of others.

Our businessmen tell Chinese firms to produce inferior products for us. Now, fuel importers don dey tell foreign refineries to produce diluted fuel.

What the heck is NMDPRA doing?
I blame rrgulatory agrncies for this whatbis SON, DPR doing? Just collecting salaries at month end?

1 Like

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by bluefilm: 6:48pm On Oct 07, 2023
What of the Dangote Refinery?

Is it still waiting to go into full operations in the year 1991 or should we continue to wait until year 1897?

2 Likes

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by Rilwayne001: 6:54pm On Oct 07, 2023
yesloaded:

If you own a car or generating set, you will never make this post

The number of people in the country without a car is much more than the number of people with one.

The country cannot continue to bleed at the expense of the rich.

It's illogical for the country to continue to amass huge loan to service something that only benefits those who ‘own a car or generating set’.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by easytig(m): 7:00pm On Oct 07, 2023
Na serious one chance be dis .wayo people for wayo nation
Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by just2endowed: 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2023
Theunbothered:

That's because the average Nigerian can not afford to pay the global price of fuel, it is not possible. We import almost all fuel we consume, when subsidy was removed marketers had to charge higher prices to make a profit, prices Nigerians can't afford.

This combined with the stupid float experiment that weakened the naira made fuel even more expensive. Without fuel almost every major business in Nigeria will fail, nairaland included.

Floating of the naira brought one of the most wicked spiral inflation on Nigeria economy. Emilokan that's boasting of first class in accounting can not understand spiral effect it will have on our economy. This childish move make naira the worst performing currency the whole of Africa
Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by youngrichnigga: 7:05pm On Oct 07, 2023
Back in time to 1996 when imported fuels had very high sulphur content; the fuel was reportedly sourced from a refinery owned in another Africa m country allegedly owned by the head of state at that time using the notorious Chagouri family angry angry angry

The current president is also rumored to have interests in some refineries in subsahara Africa through the same Chagouri's that fronted for the goggled one too. undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by Jamie1000: 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2023
This is very true. Buying a full tank to pack your car, you're bound to loose some fuel
Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by smartr: 7:19pm On Oct 07, 2023
I blame the obidients for this.

It’s because of them we don’t have any working refinery of global standard.

It’s because of them we’re buying substandard fuel without subsidy.
Re: Marketers Raise The Alarm Over Lightness Of Petrol by bhella10: 7:28pm On Oct 07, 2023
Alarmist!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibrahim Magu Ignores Question On Ganduje Bribery Video / Petrol Scarcity: Supply Challenge Will Last For Another 2 Weeks – IPMAN / 'Otedola Never Planned To Run Against Ambode’ - The Boss Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.