Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Help: My System Eats Up All The Mb On My Modem - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help: My System Eats Up All The Mb On My Modem (1402 Views)

Windows 8 Eats Up Bandwidth/data unInformed , Solutions / How To Transfer MB On Glo Newtwork / How Will I Configure My Modem For Etisalat Sim. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: My System Eats Up All The Mb On My Modem by Temix(m): 7:10pm On Oct 21, 2011
I seriously need help, changed systems recently,
now anytime i connect my modem (Glo netpro) to it, i just see my mb's being sucked away! Even without opening my browser. And YES, i have turned off windows update! and anyoda update i could find,windows media, media center,windows defender, i even uninstalled my antivirus, but no changes! Today i suscribed to Always day package for glo which is 150mb, i didn't do any downloading, nothing, just normal browsing,checking my mail and stuff like dat, under 2hrs, the 150mb was finished. Abeg, if anyone has any idea on what i can do, is there any way to put off all auto updates
completely, so no update takes place, wether its adobe, or anyother software that needs updating. Is there a software that can do this?, Engineers abeg help me out! Thanks a bunch
Re: Help: My System Eats Up All The Mb On My Modem by Temix(m): 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2011
Forgot to add, †ђξ system is dell and it runs on windows vista
Re: Help: My System Eats Up All The Mb On My Modem by Digriz(m): 1:43pm On Oct 22, 2011
Temix:

I seriously need help, changed systems recently,
now anytime i connect my modem (Glo netpro) to it, i just see my mb's being sucked away! Even without opening my browser. And YES, i have turned off windows update! and anyoda update i could find,windows media, media center,windows defender, i even uninstalled my antivirus, but no changes! Today i suscribed to Always day package for glo which is 150mb, i didn't do any downloading, nothing, just normal browsing,checking my mail and stuff like dat, under 2hrs, the 150mb was finished. Abeg, if anyone has any idea on what i can do, is there any way to put off all auto updates
completely, so no update takes place, wether its adobe, or anyother software that needs updating. Is there a software that can do this?, Engineers abeg help me out! Thanks a bunch
if it is MTN i wld hv said its possible bt since its GLO i can tell.
Re: Help: My System Eats Up All The Mb On My Modem by koseepaaro(m): 5:28pm On Oct 22, 2011
@ poster, since you said that you've turned off major programs that you think may likely be consuming your MB, what I'll let you realise again is that the more speedy the network is, as in, the faster the speed of your browsing, the quicker your free MB will be consumed. But here is a trick for you as an advice - once you are connected and you have a web page(s) that might take you, say up to 5 minutes to read info that you have on it, just bring up your glo modem software and disconnect it. Then, reconnect again when you are through with the reading and need to click on a link or need to open another webpage. Don't forget to disconnect again if you need to read info on the new page that you have just opened and that will take you few minutes to read. NOTE: If I ask you to disconnect, I do not mean that you should remove your modem from your computer but I mean just click on 'disconnect' button from your glo modem software. Good luck to you.
Re: Help: My System Eats Up All The Mb On My Modem by Emmaxpaul(m): 3:04am On Oct 23, 2011
@poster, why use glo, why not mtn? You can browse for free with that glo modem with an MTN sim in it. If its not universal, then it can be cracked. Just visit www.learnerscrib..com and get answers to all your problems including the mtn free browsing, modem unlocking and all.

I hope this solves your problems.

Regards!

(1) (Reply)

How To Repair A HARD DRIVE / My Laptop Mouse Keeps Freezing / What Is The Best Antivirus To Use And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.