Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

My Late Son Had Passion For Education, Wanted To Be A DJ — Dapo Abiodun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Late Son Had Passion For Education, Wanted To Be A DJ — Dapo Abiodun (423 Views)

I Want To Donate My Late Dad's Church For PVC Registration And Collection Center / WTO: Okonjo-iweala Testament Of Buhari's Passion For Integrity - Kalu / Meet Dapo Abiodun, The Ogun APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Late Son Had Passion For Education, Wanted To Be A DJ — Dapo Abiodun by Karemarealty288(m): 2:52pm On Oct 08, 2023
My late son had passion for education, wanted to be a DJ — Dapo Abiodun

•Doles out N55m in scholarship in memory of the deceased

Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State has described education as the only light to the future of prosperity, development and peaceful co-existence of any nation.

Abiodun, who said this at the launch of a scholarship award scheme for 550 indigent students in Remo Federal Constituency of the state, in honour of his late son, Gbemiga Abiodun, who died six years ago, noted that the programme was conceived to celebrate the impactful and eventful life of Gbemiga Abiodun and all that he stood for while alive.

He added that the deceased lived a life of selflessness, consistency and scholarship.
According to Abiodun, the scholarships cover pupils in primary and secondary schools as well as those in vocational and tertiary institutions, stressing that it was spread across all schools in its coverage area.

Speaking at the launch of the Gbemiga Abiodun Education Scholarship Award held at Iperu, Ikenne Local Government Area, Abiodun said the scheme will ensure that brilliant students and those whose parents could not afford to educate them, have access to quality education.

According to him, the number of beneficiaries will increase to 1000 in the next 12 months, which will be the minimum at any given time.

He said: “It is against this backdrop that my family came up with a scholarship scheme called GBEMIGA ABIODUN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP AWARD, in memory of our son, Gbemiga Abiodun, which is strictly for indigent learners of Public Primary, Secondary Schools, Technical College and Tertiary Institutions, as well as Special Needs Learners within Ikenne, Remo North, and Sagamu Local Government Areas, to provide support to selected learners who are from the aforementioned local government areas of Ogun State.

“The award is in two phases. The first phase is to be a Scholarship Award, designed for indigent and brilliant students while its alternative form; the second phase will be a bursary award for in-need but not necessarily brilliant indigent students whose chances of upward socio-economic mobility are probable with bursary support.

“This scholarship award is designed for a period of three (3) years and within the age bracket of 6-25, and selection will be determined by the State Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, using the Cumulative Promotion Examination Result obtainable from the OGSERA platform while the beneficiaries for tertiary institutions were recommended by their respective institutions.”

“Olu, beyond his popular choosing career as a Disc Jockey, had an unwavering passion for sound education, which he pursued passionately till God called him to be with Him on that fateful day of 7th October, 2017.

“It is instructive to know that Olu’s choosing career as a Disc Jockey was a product of his innate passion for music and rhythms at a very tender age; the passion he consistently pursued to the apogee”.

In her opening remarks, wife of the governor, Mrs. Bamidele Abiodun, said the scheme is to impart on the lives of the beneficiaries and their parents, especially at these trying times, expressing the hope that the scheme would achieve it purpose of bringing succour to the benefiting families.

Giving a brief on the Scheme, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Education, Science and Technology, Prof. Abayomi Arigbabu, said scholarship is being sponsored entirely by the Dapo Abiodun family.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/my-late-son-had-passion-for-education-wanted-to-be-a-dj-dapo-abiodun/

Re: My Late Son Had Passion For Education, Wanted To Be A DJ — Dapo Abiodun by SMoh247: 2:58pm On Oct 08, 2023

DJ Olu RIP

Don't do drugs, don't move with people who do drugs

Alcohol is enough highness

MohBads father and Dapo abiodun must be counting their loss training their Sons through hardwork

Re: My Late Son Had Passion For Education, Wanted To Be A DJ — Dapo Abiodun by incandescentena: 3:02pm On Oct 08, 2023
SMoh247:
DJ Olu

Werey I know is tinlubu you are referring to as ''people who do drugs'' grin

2 Likes

Re: My Late Son Had Passion For Education, Wanted To Be A DJ — Dapo Abiodun by SMoh247: 3:05pm On Oct 08, 2023
incandescentena:

Werey I know is tinlubu you are referring to as ''people who do drugs'' grin

Mscheew why will I be referring to Tinubu Tinubu also lost his first son to drug related heart attack

Tinubu is a chain smoker and drinks too, no need for drug
Re: My Late Son Had Passion For Education, Wanted To Be A DJ — Dapo Abiodun by ahnie: 3:26pm On Oct 08, 2023
Was he the guy that was Davido's friend?
Or the fair handsome lanky sugar boy to Mrs Caroline ekanem danjuma?
SMoh247:

DJ Olul RIP

MohBads father and Dapo abiodun must be counting their loss training their Sons

Re: My Late Son Had Passion For Education, Wanted To Be A DJ — Dapo Abiodun by happney65: 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2023
ahnie:

He was also Davido's friend. Popularly called DJ Olu. Boyfriend to one of Ajimobi's Daughters.

Himself and his friend were found dead due to rumours of you know..
Re: My Late Son Had Passion For Education, Wanted To Be A DJ — Dapo Abiodun by LivingSage: 3:29pm On Oct 08, 2023
Nah, that's Tagbo.

This particular one is DJ olu
They're both friend to davido

ahnie:
Re: My Late Son Had Passion For Education, Wanted To Be A DJ — Dapo Abiodun by SMoh247: 3:29pm On Oct 08, 2023
ahnie:

Davido's friend , he was dating Governor Ajimobi's daughter when he died

Caroline's boy toy was Tagbo
Re: My Late Son Had Passion For Education, Wanted To Be A DJ — Dapo Abiodun by ahnie: 3:30pm On Oct 08, 2023
happney65:

He was also Davido's friend. Popularly called DJ Olu. Himself and his friend were found dead
sugar boy to Caroline danjuma .
Re: My Late Son Had Passion For Education, Wanted To Be A DJ — Dapo Abiodun by ahnie: 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2023
LivingSage:
Nah, that's Tagbo.

This particular one is DJ olu
They're both friend to davido

Oh!yes You're right.thanks

1 Like

Re: My Late Son Had Passion For Education, Wanted To Be A DJ — Dapo Abiodun by TemplarLandry: 3:32pm On Oct 08, 2023
cool
Re: My Late Son Had Passion For Education, Wanted To Be A DJ — Dapo Abiodun by tishbite42: 4:22pm On Oct 08, 2023
Pikin wey u take plus up for your govenorship ambition

(1) (Reply)

Only The Smartest Nairalander Can Answer This Question / Biafra Self Referendum Convention: WATCH LIVE / Peter Obi Asked To Submit Report On Campaign Revenue And Expenditure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.