Stats: 3,155,619 members, 7,827,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers (20682 Views)

David Hundeyin Accuses Tinubu Of Submitting Fake Certificate To INEC (Photos) / Copy And Paste’ — Dele Momodu Accuses Tinubu Of Repackaging Abiola’s Manifesto / Adamu, APC Accuses Tinubu Of Breaching Agreements On Campaign Council (2) (3) (4)

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by theophorus(m): 6:04am On Oct 09, 2023
Don't worry, Mr. Dalung.

Just wait and see the things we would do. Just wait, you will understand when we change gear.
Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by BoldBrainz(m): 6:12am On Oct 09, 2023
When others were going to school, Tinubu was busy selling cocaine in the streets of Chicago and forging certificates.

Very stupid fellow!

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by Godsonkemz(m): 6:16am On Oct 09, 2023
He will not end up like Buhari but worse than him.

Under Buhari the economy though was bad but it was better than Tinubu. Buhari's first tenure was fairly good unlike Tinubu whose first tenure is hell.

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by Abagworo(m): 6:17am On Oct 09, 2023
Subsidy removal was successful at first but things went sore following the floating of Naira. He should have left the floating of Naira for a while. 2ndly the cashless policy and reduction of Naira notes in circulation started by Emefiele CBN should have been completed to curb liquidity and inflation before the implementation of these policies. Finally government should ban so called FDIs cause they serve as avenue for leakage of foreign exchange and instead encourage domestic investments by funding home grown companies.

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by okoroemeka(m): 6:17am On Oct 09, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
No.

PDP was wretched. That party and the governments it produced laid the foundation for some of the horrors we are dealing with today. The APC is worse no doubt, but truth be told, the PDP was a disaster.

The truth will make us free.
what evidence and truth do we need to set us free when the picture posted above your comment clearly stated fuel at #87 naira per litre and one dollar is #216 naira when pdp handed over,in 8 years APC pushed fuel to #600+ /ltr and dollar is #1000+/dollar,I wonder which one is worse,the truth will set us free

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by Helgreenluv(m): 6:30am On Oct 09, 2023
Taylor92:
Our darling princess Tinubu doesn’t have sense

You know females are weaker vessels

What do you expect from a female president

Bloody thief
Say no to drugs. That's my candid advice to you
Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by gaddafe(m): 6:34am On Oct 09, 2023
dre11:

‘You Goofed’, Ex-Minister Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers

Former Minister of Sports and Youth, Solomon Dalung, has accused President Bola Tinubu of falling prey to fuel subsidy criminals. Dalung…

https://dailytrust.com/you-goofed-ex-minister-dalung-accuses-tinubu-of-falling-into-trap-of-subsidy-racketeers/

I want to believe this is fake News, otherwise Solomon Dalung that helped destroy the Buhari regime is also accusing Buhari of failure. Nigeria is a comedy series.
Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by Fujiyama: 6:38am On Oct 09, 2023
okoroemeka:
what evidence and truth do we need to set us free when the picture posted above your comment clearly stated fuel at #87 naira per litre and one dollar is #216 naira when pdp handed over,in 8 years APC pushed fuel to #600+ /ltr and dollar is #1000+/dollar,I wonder which one is worse,the truth will set us free

^^^
The PDP did not clean up the rot in the fuel subsidy programme. We were all here when bigwigs in PDP governments were doing incredible things with international oil traders. We were all here when the turn around maintenance (TAM) racket became a guaranteed money spinner if you were well connected enough. We were all here when the NNPC did not have audited accounts for over 5 years. We were all here when the money from high oil prices was wasted under PDP governments instead of saving for the rainy day.

You do not have to take my word for it. The threads are here on this very platform.

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by bewla(m): 6:53am On Oct 09, 2023
Taylor92:

Bloody thief
E no CHOKE
Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by paskal16: 6:58am On Oct 09, 2023
pandoragirigory:
My parents will bow before thiefnubuuu because he is their God he is the alpha and omega of my wretched destiny
Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by Fujiyama: 6:59am On Oct 09, 2023
Kukutente23:

That's a lie. PDP managed our diversity better
PDP managed our economy better
PDP never played divisive politics at the centre like 97-5% or Muslim- Muslim.
PDP is in no way comparable to the mess APC are and have made of Nigerians

^^^
You do have a point with the diversity management part. Although one part of me believes this "diversity management programme" was nothing but a cynical "equal opportunity" scheme for Nigeria's criminal political elite to exclusively plunder at will - I'll reluctantly give you that: the PDP did manage the cracks in this union better. The politics of that era was less divisive. However, that is no longer the case today - and that cruel, wicked old man who led the previous APC government (and his equally cruel and wicked successor) are fully to blame. The Buhari administration was singularly bad at managing the centrifugal forces that have always bedeviled this union - and BAT has continued in the same vein.

On the economic front the answer is "No". The PDP was is a corrupt, venal political party, and a bad tree cannot produce good fruit. That party was so secure in its belief that there would be no consequences for its maladministration - that Vincent Ogbulafor ignored the warning signs and said the party would rule for 60 years. We all saw how that turned out.

No need for too much talk. The threads of how Jonathan's PDP government laid the groundwork for running the economy into the ground are all here on this platform. Sure enough, the APC has built on that evil legacy with even more shocking mismanagement of its own but the PDP is not what you claim it is. Thank God that no one can ever accuse me of being an APC shill - I have been (and will continue to be) one of the most virulent critics of APC misrule. You can be absolutely sure of that. What I will not do is come here and pretend the PDP was full of angels of light.
Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by duduade: 7:02am On Oct 09, 2023
Remi have said her husband isn't a magician

But when it was time for elections earlier this year, him and all his foot soldiers were magicians back then o

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by just2endowed: 7:09am On Oct 09, 2023
Jestin:
I never for once envisaged that there will be a more worse President after Buhari. Tinubu is not actually smart as some people thought

I keep saying this too. He is not smart as people thought.

You have not form your economic team or set up a cabinet that will give you concrete advise base on data, he quickly jump on the stage and told the whole world that subsidy is gone and naira, which is now the worst currency in the world, is floating nakedly.

Now the emilokan is paying subsidy again. Who is the liar here.

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by frankyychiji(f): 7:15am On Oct 09, 2023
pandoragirigory:
God bless jagaban the Eze-chukwu of Igbo land
Tinubu is greater than awolowo and every yellows man dead or alive. But over here, we don't know him.
Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by frankyychiji(f): 7:17am On Oct 09, 2023
Farooq kperogi has been vindicated.

APC is just plain evil. An evil gang of strange bedfellows who birthed the politics of hatred and bitterness in Nigeria.

See what they did to Jonathan, but today they don't want us to call out the fraudulent imposter with mouth odor.

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by jubrilcastle(m): 7:21am On Oct 09, 2023
Jestin:
I never for once envisaged that there will be a more worse President after Buhari. Tinubu is not actually smart as some people thought
Honestly you just spoke my mind. I'm truly disappointed

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by NaijaCrusader: 7:21am On Oct 09, 2023
This is the most articulate submission that I have read this morning. Well done

Godada:

When you look at comments on nairaland, you get a glimpse of what's wrong with Nigeria.

✓ Unnecessary arguments
✓ Tribalism and religious sentiments
✓ Apathy
✓ Hate
✓ Denial
✓ Confusion
✓ senseless posts

The list is countless.

But the matter on ground regardless of which side you seat remains that Nigeria is in a mess.

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by odimbannamdi(m): 7:22am On Oct 09, 2023
Balistic4:
Tinubu's body language clearly shows that he got no plans. He behaves like student that copied first class classmate and got an A. Like, how can you announce that subsidy is gone on your very first day in the office?? What plans did you make to put forward such important announcement? It's obviously your first day in the office and you can't tell me that you have already evaluated everything and put necessary plans in place. Nigerians started suffering from your day 1 in the office and has continued so till this moment.

Secondly, you brought back almost all the bad guys from Buhari's abysmal performing government that has serious criminal charges on their head back to government.

We don't need to wait for you to fail before we the intelligent citizens will start calling you a failure. We started calling Buhari a failure in his 1 year in the office, and he kept on compounding the failure till the end.

Truly, Buhari is better than Tinubu, I personally miss him cry cry cry

Very valid points here

And to add to the emboldened; the cost of governance has significantly increase under Tinubu. Few weeks after being sworn in, the legislature got 700b under phoney reasons, and they have since been sharing our commonwealth in the form of prayers.

Tinubu has now set the record of having the highest number of ministers in his cabinet since the inception of Nigeria's democracy. You can imagine the ripple effect this will have as these Ministers will have aides and even their aides will their own aides and so on. For a country that is currently bleeding, this is very insensitive

Tinubu's first plan would have been to cut the cost of governance first first.

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by Acidosis(m): 7:26am On Oct 09, 2023
jahsharon:
Pained idiots

The generational fraudulent fuel subsidy is gone forever

See this ignorant man. Your current president is paying subsidy.

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by emmanuelbrown26: 7:27am On Oct 09, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
No.

PDP was wretched. That party and the governments it produced laid the foundation for some of the horrors we are dealing with today. The APC is worse no doubt, but truth be told, the PDP was a disaster.

After 8 fucking years of APC, I don't think sensible human being should be comparing PDP and APC in all political ramifications.

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by TrumpDonald2: 7:28am On Oct 09, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
No.

The PDP is not the foundation of any problem here. Whatever we are facing now is caused by Tinubu and APC. Had Tinubu allowed Jonathan to remove the subsidy back then, i don't think this thread would have been created now.

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by tojahh(m): 7:30am On Oct 09, 2023
Taylor92:

Bloody thief

Where have you been Sir? I've missed your undiluted truths here.

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by emmanuelbrown26: 7:30am On Oct 09, 2023
Nats12:
Actually the president didn't start on a good note, it was obvious that the fuel subsidy benefited few individuals but then, there are better ways of solving this kind of problem.

50% reduction in subsidy and also making provisions for refineries would have been the best approach.

Proper planning wasn't done now we are all forced to operate in the realm of confusion..
That same 50% Obi said but u guys started attacking him instead of asking OBI questions on how to do it and ur master didn't even allow Nigerians to breath after bubu 8 useless years

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by emmanuelbrown26: 7:33am On Oct 09, 2023
jahsharon:

Tell us about your biological father who has sense.

What are his life achievements?

Has he ever headed a unit in your local church? Even in your street's tenants association, has your father been trusted with a position there? No be fight oooo, na just inquisitive questions
Somebody like has never managed a business before, so no need to argue wit rice bandits

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by Johncuppa(m): 7:37am On Oct 09, 2023
Ohislee:
The Agbado people that were saying we need to suffer to enjoy later, please when is the enjoyment coming?

The hand of God is not on Tinubu, no amount of his policies can move this country forward. If he likes let him assembly 100 havard professors, if God has rejected him there is nothing he can do.

We are witnessing his last days as president.
Yours is the reasonable comment I've seen since this administration commenced. Seriously, I've nothing against Asiwaju, I'm a Yoruba too but the point you highlighted is the fact I've always believed.
It's more or else, like a person who became a king against the chioce of Oracle, he would get there, but nothing will work no matter the number of intellectuals around because the god is not in support.

I'm scared 8 years is far.

Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by VinnyBaba: 7:38am On Oct 09, 2023
"Otherwise he will end up like Buhari'.

The same BUHARI they defended for 8Years!😒

This APC party and it's Supporters are Truly USELESS! 😏😕
Re: ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers by jumper524(m): 7:44am On Oct 09, 2023
When PH refinery and dango te refinery comes into play, we would know who goofed.

Physically Challenged Nigerian Citizen Campaigns For Buhari (photo) / Avengers: Security Agents Trail Togo’s Boys / Court Remands 32 Suspected IPOB Men In Prison Port Harcourt