Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,517 members, 7,861,491 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:11 PM

Help Me To Choose Between 4-cylinder And 6-cylinder Engine - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help Me To Choose Between 4-cylinder And 6-cylinder Engine (309 Views)

Car Lovers!,can You Help Me Choose Between These Two Cars? / SOLD...Tin-can Cleared 2007 Toyota Rav-4 Sport Silver + 6-cylinder Engine / Direct 2010 Toyota Camry SE 4 Cylinder Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Me To Choose Between 4-cylinder And 6-cylinder Engine by awoxalat(m): 12:10am On Oct 09, 2023
Hey everyone, I'm curious about the fuel consumption differences between 4-cylinder and 6-cylinder engines. Can anyone share their experiences or knowledge on this topic? I'm looking to understand the exact difference in their fuel consumption. Also, which one is easier to maintain and fix? Thanks in advance!
Re: Help Me To Choose Between 4-cylinder And 6-cylinder Engine by iyke4dbi: 6:56am On Oct 09, 2023
4 cylinder is more fuel efficient than 6 cylinder , especially in the regime of 610 per liter.A 6 cylinder engine has 6 spark plugs and 6 cylinders, which makes it to consume more fuel than 4 cylinder engine with 4 spark plugs and 4 cylinders. But there are some 4 cylinder engine that are almost as powerful as 6 cylinder engine. This is because it is turbo charged and example of such engines are FSI and TSI produced by Germany.
Re: Help Me To Choose Between 4-cylinder And 6-cylinder Engine by awoxalat(m): 8:03am On Oct 09, 2023
iyke4dbi:
4 cylinder is more fuel efficient than 6 cylinder , especially in the regime of 610 per liter.A 6 cylinder engine has 6 spark plugs and 6 cylinders, which makes it to consume more fuel than 4 cylinder engine with 4 spark plugs and 4 cylinders. But there are some 4 cylinder engine that are almost as powerful as 6 cylinder engine. This is because it is turbo charged and example of such engines are FSI and TSI produced by Germany.

Thank you so much. I just want to know how much is the difference in their fuel consumption.

(1) (Reply)

Used 2007 Toyota Camry Xle. SOLD / Uber Standard Registered 2004 Toyota Corolla Red SOLD OUT / Foreign Used 2018 Chevrolet Camaro Zl1 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.