Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,156 members, 7,821,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

God: The Source Of Your Confidence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God: The Source Of Your Confidence (72 Views)

Is It Proper For A Church To Ask A Member The Source Of His Tithe? / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration / ChitChat on GOD, The Architecture of Life & its Universe (Derailing Encouraged) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God: The Source Of Your Confidence by Btruth: 4:20am On Oct 09, 2023
God: the source of your confidence

Mon, 9 Oct 2023

‘Those who trust in the LORD … cannot be shaken ...’ Psalm 125:1

People are naturally attracted to leaders who convey poise and self-assurance; they won’t follow one who lacks self-confidence. An excellent illustration of this is an incident that took place in Russia during an attempted coup. Army tanks encircled the government building that held President Boris Yeltsin and his pro-democracy supporters. As the army moved into position, Yeltsin strode from the building, climbed up on a tank, stared the commander in the eye, and thanked him for turning to the side of democracy. Later the commander admitted that although he hadn’t intended to go over to Yeltsin’s side, the Russian leader appeared so confident, the soldiers decided to join him. Great achievers exhibit confidence regardless of circumstances. But true confidence doesn’t come from having the approval of people around you. The Bible says, ‘The LORD will be your confidence …’ (Proverbs 3:26 NKJV); it’s about knowing He has called you and equipped you to do the job. Paul wrote, ‘Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God ... but our sufficiency is from God,’ (2 Corinthians 3:4-5 ESV). Even though others may not believe in you, knowing God believes in you enables you to believe in yourself. David wrote, ‘Many are saying of me, “God will not deliver him.” But you, LORD, are a shield around me … the One who lifts my head high’ (Psalm 3:2-3 NIV). A confident leader can say to those who follow him or her, ‘I have confidence in the God who called me. I have confidence in you. I believe that together we can accomplish what God wants done.’

(1) (Reply)

Do You Wonder If You Have What It Takes To Pull It Off... One More Day?... / Characteristics Of Evil Seeds / Recommend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.