Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,793 members, 7,841,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

Why Do People Dislike Buying The Last Snacks? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Do People Dislike Buying The Last Snacks? (584 Views)

Why Do People Eat This Kind Of Egg / See Benin ( Eatries Where You Queue To Buy Snacks) / Order Your Cake, special bread, small chop, snacks At A Very Affordable Price... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Dislike Buying The Last Snacks? by lovediehatelive(m): 9:54am On Oct 09, 2023
I observed that people don't like buying the last akara or buns, or meat pie, or fufu, you name it!

They don't just like buying the last item in a show glass or transparent bucket in a shop.

Like before, as I passed one shop in the morning, the show glass was full of buns and meat pie.

People were rushing and buying.

Towards evening, I noticed that only one buns was remaining, and I was like

'how comes?'

What shocked me more is that someone came to buy buns, but had to leave because that is the last one remaining.

Sometimes, it could remain like 5 pieces, but a customer would take only 4 and leave the "last one. "

Why is it so?
Re: Why Do People Dislike Buying The Last Snacks? by Zonefree(m): 9:59am On Oct 09, 2023
Nobody wan carry last.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Dislike Buying The Last Snacks? by Cassandraloius: 10:00am On Oct 09, 2023
The last snack belongs to the owner. I do that alot. cheesy
Re: Why Do People Dislike Buying The Last Snacks? by Sirmwill: 10:03am On Oct 09, 2023
It is seen as being old and not fresh

And there's a psychology in amount giving the impression of quality

Same reason you would prefer going to a stall that is fully stocked instead of a poorly stocked one beside it

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Dislike Buying The Last Snacks? by mariahAngel(f): 10:03am On Oct 09, 2023
That's because by then, ha hogbuola ya.

Also, why didn't the seller use the last one to mmeshi for the last buyer?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Dislike Buying The Last Snacks? by Bliss52: 10:04am On Oct 09, 2023
grin

Dey play

For Akara joint for my Area, even pieces and particles get rushed not to talk of the last

People actually wait for the mama Akara

Re: Why Do People Dislike Buying The Last Snacks? by Premiumbuy(m): 10:59am On Oct 09, 2023
Premium Be Unto You
It is normal for everyone to feel that way, how would you expect me to pay for something that is probably cold, gone through a lot of checking, touching and all sort, no naw!
Re: Why Do People Dislike Buying The Last Snacks? by lovediehatelive(m): 9:24am On Oct 11, 2023
Zonefree:
Nobody wan carry last.

Na wa o. Na them dey carry last for class
Re: Why Do People Dislike Buying The Last Snacks? by lovediehatelive(m): 9:25am On Oct 11, 2023
Cassandraloius:
The last snack belongs to the owner. I do that alot. cheesy

Hunger never hold you na. That's why
Re: Why Do People Dislike Buying The Last Snacks? by lovediehatelive(m): 9:26am On Oct 11, 2023
Sirmwill:
It is seen as being old and not fresh

And there's a psychology in amount giving the impression of quality

Same reason you would prefer going to a stall that is fully stocked instead of a poorly stocked one beside it

Well, this holds some explanation.

But someone will pack the whole 8 out of 9 remaining buns and leave the last one.

How do you explain this?
Re: Why Do People Dislike Buying The Last Snacks? by lovediehatelive(m): 9:28am On Oct 11, 2023
mariahAngel:
That's because by then, ha hogbuola ya.

Also, why didn't the seller use the last one to mmeshi for the last buyer?

The seller wants profit na.

What from your first statement, what if it's something in show glass that can't be touched?

And how do you explain packing like 7 out of 8 and leaving the last one?
Re: Why Do People Dislike Buying The Last Snacks? by lovediehatelive(m): 9:29am On Oct 11, 2023
Bliss52:
grin

Dey play

For Akara joint for my Area, even pieces and particles get rushed not to talk of the last

People actually wait for the mama Akara

Really?

What about other Snacks?
Re: Why Do People Dislike Buying The Last Snacks? by lovediehatelive(m): 9:31am On Oct 11, 2023
Premiumbuy:
Premium Be Unto You
It is normal for everyone to feel that way, how would you expect me to pay for something that is probably cold, gone through a lot of checking, touching and all sort, no naw!

What if it's something inside show glass that can't be touched?

And concerning freshness, how do you explain packing all at once and leaving just one, since they all probably have same freshness?
Re: Why Do People Dislike Buying The Last Snacks? by Golden057(m): 10:21am On Oct 14, 2023
I hate to buy the last smoked fish 🤣
Re: Why Do People Dislike Buying The Last Snacks? by lovediehatelive(m): 11:40am On Oct 14, 2023
Golden057:
I hate to buy the last smoked fish 🤣

Why na

(1) (Reply)

Anjie 4 Cakes / Please Help Decide... / Fresh Golden Yolk Eggs In Ibadan Medium Size=n570 And Large Size=n620

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.