Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,875 members, 7,855,576 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 05:19 AM

Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being (330 Views)

There’s No Human Being Who Is 100% Clean, EFCC Chair Replies Matawalle / Davido Blasts Oyetola: 'You Are Actually Just A Bad Human Being' / EndSARS: Donald Duke On Looting In Calabar, 'When Human Being Steals Toilet' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by Yugoslavia247(m): 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
The way some religion kill people of other religions like goats and in the most bizarre way

Slaughter
Rape
Slavery
Death
Cutting limbs
Jihad
War
Pedophiles

They fight against Hindu in India
Jews in Israel
Christians in Pakistan

Amongst themselves too. Suni and shites

Saudis and Iranian Muslims have various ideologies.

Really.

Are they truly the religion of peace.

So even if other religions convert. War is still imminent.
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by tamonokare: 2:43pm On Oct 09, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
The way some religion kill people of other religions like goats and in the most bizarre way

Slaughter
Rape
Slavery
Death
Cutting limbs
Jihad
War
Pedophiles

They fight against Hindu in India
Jews in Israel
Christians in Pakistan

Amongst themselves too. Suni and shites

Saudis and Iranian Muslims have various ideologies.

Really.

Are they truly the religion of peace.

So even if other religions convert. War is still imminent.

Which of the bolded is not associated with your religion whether now or in the past? Do some research before you answer.

Note. I am neither a Christian nor a Muslim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by CodeTemplar: 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2023
tamonokare:

Which of the bolded is not associated with your religion whether now or in the past? Do some research before you answer.

show me where rape was used as war booty in the bible.
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by Gajagojo: 3:44pm On Oct 09, 2023
CodeTemplar:
This sentence has no meaning
How can rape be used as war booty

What exactly is the definition of "rape"
Once a woman is taken she is taken
What will she be used for? As a seamstress? or Nursery school teacher

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by tamonokare: 3:47pm On Oct 09, 2023
CodeTemplar:

Read numbers 31 anytime from 11pm to 4am.
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by Yugoslavia247(m): 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
tamonokare:

I never asked you
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by Gajagojo: 3:59pm On Oct 09, 2023
CodeTemplar:

10 So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11 “This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12 They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

13 Then the whole assembly sent an offer of peace to the Benjamites at the rock of Rimmon. 14 So the Benjamites returned at that time and were given the women of Jabesh Gilead who had been spared. But there were not enough for all of them.

15 The people grieved for Benjamin, because the Lord had made a gap in the tribes of Israel. 16 And the elders of the assembly said, “With the women of Benjamin destroyed, how shall we provide wives for the men who are left? 17 The Benjamite survivors must have heirs,” they said, “so that a tribe of Israel will not be wiped out. 18 We can’t give them our daughters as wives, since we Israelites have taken this oath: ‘Cursed be anyone who gives a wife to a Benjamite.’ 19 But look, there is the annual festival of the Lord in Shiloh, which lies north of Bethel, east of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem, and south of Lebonah.”

20 So they instructed the Benjamites, saying, “Go and hide in the vineyards 21 and watch. When the young women of Shiloh come out to join in the dancing, rush from the vineyards and each of you seize one of them to be your wife. Then return to the land of Benjamin. 22 When their fathers or brothers complain to us, we will say to them, ‘Do us the favor of helping them, because we did not get wives for them during the war. You will not be guilty of breaking your oath because you did not give your daughters to them.’”
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by CodeTemplar: 4:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
tamonokare:

Read numbers 31 anytime from 11pm to 4am.
lol...nowhere was rape endorsed. Stop looking for scriptures to twist and hang on to.
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by CodeTemplar: 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2023
Gajagojo:

10 So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11 “This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12 They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

13 Then the whole assembly sent an offer of peace to the Benjamites at the rock of Rimmon. 14 So the Benjamites returned at that time and were given the women of Jabesh Gilead who had been spared. But there were not enough for all of them.

15 The people grieved for Benjamin, because the Lord had made a gap in the tribes of Israel. 16 And the elders of the assembly said, “With the women of Benjamin destroyed, how shall we provide wives for the men who are left? 17 The Benjamite survivors must have heirs,” they said, “so that a tribe of Israel will not be wiped out. 18 We can’t give them our daughters as wives, since we Israelites have taken this oath: ‘Cursed be anyone who gives a wife to a Benjamite.’ 19 But look, there is the annual festival of the Lord in Shiloh, which lies north of Bethel, east of the road that goes from Bethel to Shechem, and south of Lebonah.”

20 So they instructed the Benjamites, saying, “Go and hide in the vineyards 21 and watch. When the young women of Shiloh come out to join in the dancing, rush from the vineyards and each of you seize one of them to be your wife. Then return to the land of Benjamin. 22 When their fathers or brothers complain to us, we will say to them, ‘Do us the favor of helping them, because we did not get wives for them during the war. You will not be guilty of breaking your oath because you did not give your daughters to them.’”
you need comprehension, understanding, and wisdom not facts or knowledge.
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by Gajagojo: 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2023
CodeTemplar:
lol...nowhere was rape endorsed. Stop looking for scriptures to twist and hang on to.
Define rape please

When you go to war to kidnap women for the purpose of making them wives

What is that?

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by Gajagojo: 4:08pm On Oct 09, 2023
CodeTemplar:
We all do
No one has them in surfeit

What is your point
You will soon find that you are out of your depth
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by Gajagojo: 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Don't talk too much

Provide a definition of "rape" for the purpose of discussion on this thread
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by BloomingDale(f): 4:11pm On Oct 09, 2023
A religious person like a Muslim or Christian is a human being without a brain, so yes, less human.

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by CodeTemplar: 4:11pm On Oct 09, 2023
Gajagojo:
We all do
No one has them in surfeit

What is your point
You will soon find that you are out of your depth
where is the rape in your argument?
Highest I see is kidnap/abduction. Point it out and stop recommending or sampling full chapters.
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by Gajagojo: 4:12pm On Oct 09, 2023
CodeTemplar:
where is the rape in your argument?
Highest I see is kidnap/abduction. Point it out and stop recommending or sampling full chapters.

Define rape please
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by CodeTemplar: 4:12pm On Oct 09, 2023
Gajagojo:
Don't talk too much

Provide a definition of "rape" for the purpose of discussion on this thread
op introduced rape so ask him for that no me.
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by Gajagojo: 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2023
CodeTemplar:
op introduced rape so ask him for that no me.
knew you would back down
Case closed
Empty barrel
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by CodeTemplar: 4:17pm On Oct 09, 2023
Gajagojo:
Define rape please

When you go to war to kidnap women for the purpose of making them wives

What is that?
after destroying the owner(s) of something in a contest over that thing, who owns it? Maybe war booty should be left for strangers then.
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by CodeTemplar: 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2023
Gajagojo:

knew you would back down
Case closed
Empty barrel
I referred you to OP for clarity sake. Whatever he means by rape he should clarify but turns out you are OP.
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by tamonokare: 4:25pm On Oct 09, 2023
CodeTemplar:

Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by Gajagojo: 4:26pm On Oct 09, 2023
CodeTemplar:
I referred you to OP for clarity sake. Whatever he means by rape he should clarify but turns out you are OP.
So you don't have a definition in your mind and are just arguing blindly
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by Gajagojo: 4:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
CodeTemplar:
after destroying the owner(s) of something in a contest over that thing, who owns it? Maybe war booty should be left for strangers then.
So women are chattels to be owned? And are indeed war booty

That arguments transcends the bible though and applies to all societies

So if I want a woman all I need do is destroy her current "owner"?

Makes sense

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by CodeTemplar: 4:45pm On Oct 09, 2023
Gajagojo:
So women are chattels to be owned? And are indeed war booty

That arguments transcends the bible though and applies to all societies

So if I want a woman all I need do is destroy her current "owner"?

Makes sense
you miss the bigger picture. The rift was triggered by God allocating his people certain land. Think about it, a god who says the earth is flat didn't create it and so doesn't know the design or details and cannot allocate that land to anyone. Just a local god of the land masquerading as creator of heaven and earth.

Can you imagine Honda laying claim onto Toyota product and printing a manual/blueprint that says the side mirrors are flat and not curvy or bulging out? That's what the Islamic god is. A trespasser.

So the issue of God giving land to the main seed of Abraham and being contested by the other seed is no big deal.
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by Gajagojo: 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2023
CodeTemplar:
you miss the bigger picture. The rift was triggered by God allocating his people certain land. Think about it, a god who says the earth is flat didn't create it and so doesn't know the design or details and cannot allocate that land to anyone. Just a local god of the land masquerading as creator of heaven and earth.

Can you imagine Honda laying claim onto Toyota product and printing a manual/blueprint that says the side mirrors are flat and not curvy or bulging out? That's what the Islamic god is. A trespasser.

So the issue of God giving land to the main seed of Abraham and being contested by the other seed is no big deal.

Define rape please
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by CodeTemplar: 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2023
Gajagojo:

Define rape please
carry your dictionary or try Google out. You have no point so approximate abduction/change of ownership to rape.
Re: Does Religion Make Someone Less Of A Human Being by Gajagojo: 5:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
CodeTemplar:
carry your dictionary or try Google out. You have no point so approximate abduction/change of ownership to rape.

Rape definition?

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Writing Tomorrow’s Judgement / Auctions Of Seized Goods Never Done On Social Media - Customs / UPDATED: Nigerian Lady Falls To Death With Infant Child In Bahrain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.