Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution (9976 Views)

LASEPA Shuts Churches, Mosques, Bars & Hotels In Alimosho For Noise Pollution / Churches, Mosques: Buhari, Governors Strike 5-Point Deal / Coronavirus: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Warns Churches, Mosques, Markets Over Gathering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by lexylaw40: 6:29pm On Oct 09, 2023
Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA) has urged churches, mosques nightclubs, bars and event centres to adhere to the recommended sound levels to prevent noise pollution.

In a statement on LASEPA’s X handle, the agency pointed out that excessive noise poses a significant threat to the tranquility and well-being of the communities.

It stated that it is crucial for everyone to act as responsible custodians in the environment.

Ensure that sound levels are maintained within acceptable limits as a gesture of consideration for our neighborhoods.

“Together, we can enjoy our spaces without causing undue disturbance, foster a quieter and a more peaceful environment.”

Also, the agency quoted section of the law in relation to noise pollution.

“Section 199 Sub-section k, l and m the agency shall have power to make regulations on: (k) Noise standard for any product or class which emits noise capable of adversely affecting the public health or welfare; (l) Noise standard for any product or class which is sold wholly or in part on the basis of it’s effectiveness in reducing noise; (m) The agency shall have power to make regulations on noise pollution standards in any residential, religious, commercial, industrial or any other premises with a view to controlling the psychological and physiological effects of noise on human and the effects of noise on domestic animals, wildlife and property.“

https://guardian.ng/news/lagos-warns-churches-mosques-clubs-against-noise-pollution/amp/

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by Ezehillary(m): 6:33pm On Oct 09, 2023
Good

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by accordadoga26(f): 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2023
Hehehe

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by lexylaw40: 6:41pm On Oct 09, 2023
Good one

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by peteradoga3(m): 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2023
accordadoga26:
Hehehe
You are just on every post ADOGA
Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by Antoeni(m): 6:51pm On Oct 09, 2023
This is a Right Step in The Right Direction, Especially in Mushin & Ago Palace

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by DevilishMan: 6:52pm On Oct 09, 2023
Warn my neighbours too. Every night.

27 Likes

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by Shinjawest: 6:52pm On Oct 09, 2023
HappyPagan:
Good. Jesus took his people to the mountains to preach. These modern day mumus called Christians no go let person rest. They will be loud, noisy, and recalcitrant when asked to respect the community they exist in.

Bunch of miseducated motherfuckers.

Good Christians wet get sense, help your mumu brethren. Don't use Bible to cover up obvious stupidity.

Stupid pagan na only for Christians matter u get mouth go illorin go celebrate Ur festival mk dem cut that Ur small prick

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by Godfullsam(m): 6:54pm On Oct 09, 2023
HappyPagan:
Good. Jesus took his people to the mountains to preach. These modern day mumus called Christians no go let person rest. They will be loud, noisy, and recalcitrant when asked to respect the community they exist in.

Bunch of miseducated motherfuckers.

Good Christians wet get sense, help your mumu brethren. Don't use Bible to cover up obvious stupidity.

Why D thing con pain you laidis

Is there any church located just behind your window

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by Godfullsam(m): 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2023
Nice movement

1 Like

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by HappyPagan: 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
Godfullsam:

Why D thing con pain you laidis

Is there any church located just behind your window
14. And they are all quiet because I showed them hell. My area is quiet on Sundays. The most stubborn was one Winner's chapel wey come the area new. I change am for them for one of their silly morning devotions.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by HappyPagan: 7:05pm On Oct 09, 2023
Shinjawest:

Stupid pagan na only for Christians matter u get mouth go illorin go celebrate Ur festival mk dem cut that Ur small prick
How is this a Christian matter? Did the dead carpenter tell you to make noise in PH because he died for you? Did he tell you to worry your neighbors?

Did dead J not tell you to pray in your cupboard, not loudly on the streets so everybody hears you? Why you go dey talk to God dey involve me? E concern me? When last pagans disturb you with any of their activities?

Na for pagans head una wan shine. I will call Muslim for you. Fool.

21 Likes

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by Shinjawest: 7:16pm On Oct 09, 2023
HappyPagan:

How is this a Christian matter? Did the dead carpenter tell you to make noise in PH because he died for you? Did he tell you to worry your neighbors?

Did dead J not tell you to pray in your cupboard, not loudly on the streets so everybody hears you? Why you go dey talk to God dey involve me? E concern me? When last pagans disturb you with any of their activities?

Small prick dey shake o...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by HappyPagan: 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2023
Shinjawest:

Small prick dey shake o...
Thanks for this intellectual contribution. Go troll someone else.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by lexylaw40kuti: 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2023
HappyPagan:

no b small thing

1 Like

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by Shinjawest: 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2023
HappyPagan:

Thanks for this intellectual contribution. Go troll someone else.

Thank u too small prick pagan

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by HappyPagan: 8:37am On Oct 10, 2023
@nlfpmod
Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by Pwettylinda(f): 9:54am On Oct 10, 2023
grin grin
Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by akmaw: 9:54am On Oct 10, 2023
Please give us link for whistle blowing abeg

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by floatinszx6: 9:55am On Oct 10, 2023
Finally. E don too much abeg. angry

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by id4sho(m): 9:55am On Oct 10, 2023
tongue
Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by benuejosh: 9:55am On Oct 10, 2023
Sanity will return to Lagos after Sanwo Olu is done this last tenure.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by Starships4u(m): 9:56am On Oct 10, 2023
Nor be only LAGOS oh...

These days, I'd be turning off their generators if the noise becomes too much around... Cos this is madness from these churches....
Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by Wisereborn: 9:57am On Oct 10, 2023
Again with these their crap undecided

To make law dey very easy for Nigeria, to enforce am, them no fit undecided

You don't need anyone to tell you that they want to clamp down on churches

Misplaced priorities

This APshit government is just clueless undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by supermz7: 9:57am On Oct 10, 2023
Hope they gave exact decibel values oh to monitor the noise undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by BabaOfLagos: 9:57am On Oct 10, 2023
Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by money121(m): 9:57am On Oct 10, 2023
Ok
Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by Onogiede(m): 9:58am On Oct 10, 2023
Yet them wouldn't stop collecting money from them..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Warns Churches, Mosques, Clubs Against Noise Pollution by delpee(f): 9:58am On Oct 10, 2023
This is so necessary. It's so frustrating when you want to sleep and others decide to do a noisy night vigil or patrol the environment with loudspeakers. Ightclubs too with heavy sound equipment all night in residential areas. Even calls to prayer doesn't have to be very loud.
Do unto others as you would want them do to you.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Countdown Begins For Innoson Vehicles / 194 Eminent Elders Declare.......north Prepared For SNC / Lawyer Offers To Prosecute Otedola For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.