Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,730 members, 7,813,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student (23568 Views)

Yisa Usman Arraigned For Threatening Oloyede’s Wife To Blackmail Her Husband / Student Beats Teacher To Death For Flogging His Younger Sister In Delta (Photo) / Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by Johnken1234: 9:17pm On Oct 10, 2023
Iron rod Honestly I don't believe this, the parents of the girl are very influential reason why they alleged that their child was flagged with iron rod. And those of us who have concluded that the teacher is at fault, can't we wait until the hearing of this case on November 6 to hear from the teacher before conclusion.

As for the Magistrate who granted 2m for a bail, nawa oo. Is this how are judiciary has reduced to. Our judiciary has been compromised, the Magistrate wants to please the parents of the girl because they are influential.

Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by easytig(m): 9:17pm On Oct 10, 2023
No matter what ,a male teacher has no right to flog a 16 years old girl, the teacher should report the erring student to the principal for discipline or suspension, rather than using cane on a sweet sixteen body,it is barbaric and a crime to mother nature,girls wey their body soft before,the mumu come dey flog am.idiotic teacher
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by easytig(m): 9:26pm On Oct 10, 2023
If the teacher was smart , highest was to tell the girl to serve punishment like kneeling down and raising her hands up,but the fool went violent with flogging,what if the girl can't endure the pain nko,he is lucky that na naija sha,if na abroad ehn he will definitely be behind bars
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by easytig(m): 9:30pm On Oct 10, 2023
I object to the bolded,when you hear a girl has a bright future behind her ,it means she is well shaped,the bumbum is a very delicate material property that must not be messed up
Monaboo:
He is not a trained Teacher.

No trained Teacher who passed through an Education program bagging either an NCE, B.ED or PGDE would use IRON to discipline a child

As a teacher, you make use of a cane.

And u should flog on only 2 parts of the body.

Hand and bumbum.
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by indigenous234(f): 10:20pm On Oct 10, 2023
I have a deal to sell Aso Rock to you, I bet it's an opportunity you'll not want to miss. That you find it remotely logical that a teacher will flog a 16yr old with IRON ROD even after reading that the same teacher pleaded not guilty mean you can believe anything... You're unconsciously not different from the police. That someone is accused of something doesn't make them guilty. Is there no reasonable doubt, perhaps this teacher may just be innocent?

Metrofox:

When you have children submit them to be flogged with IRON rods you hear? Stupid people everywhere. What happened to normal cane like in the olden days?
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by funkemary(f): 10:40pm On Oct 10, 2023
Prior to now who born you to take a teacher to court for discipling your child. They will even tell you that if you know you can't accept your child being beaten it's best to withdraw your ward. I remember during PTA my mom was even telling my teacher to beat me very well if I disobey her... The world has really changed

Meanwhile if there's a teacher my parents should sue it would be my SS2 maths teacher Mr Momoh cry how can he tell a class of 70 students to go out, lie on the ground with eyes facing the sun and flogged each persons five strokes on the back without you scratching or touching it, if you do he starts afresh just because he gave assignment and everybody failed except one. Uncle Momoh, wherever you are I have forgiven you o smiley
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by OlujobaSamuel: 10:41pm On Oct 10, 2023
princeade86:
Hmmm. Chai and u want better country and good youths. Even the judge that will sit on this case received lashes when he was in sch. Imagine 2m bail for just trained a child. Same amount of bail fund that people still billions got.
I'm sure iron rod wasn't use, it's more of a case I do you know who I am, I will show you.
When I saw the bail bond, I confirmed my doubt
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by Metrofox(m): 10:42pm On Oct 10, 2023
indigenous234:
I have a deal to sell Aso Rock to you, I bet it's an opportunity you'll not want to miss. That you find it remotely logical that a teacher will flog a 16yr old with IRON ROD even after reading that the same teacher pleaded not guilty mean you can believe anything... You're unconsciously not different from the police. That someone is accused of something doesn't make them guilty. Is there no reasonable doubt, perhaps this teacher may just be innocent?

You must be a baby to not know or not have seen teachers or even parents who overreach reasonable boundaries and inflict harm in children in the name of punishment.

We've heard cases of students collapsing after being flogged extensively and most parents will not even bother to take up a case with a teacher unless they have seen serious harm inflicted on their child. A16 year old child is not a baby that cannot tell the difference between a cane and iron rod but you can go ask for pictures if that's what turns you on. If they don't speak up and he continues one day a student will end up dead. Better they handle it now so we know if the teacher is mentally stable or is bringing frustration from his personal life to the classroom
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by CJStarz: 2:10am On Oct 11, 2023
Pootle:
spare the the rod and what.......oloshos everywhere cool

Oloshos too were flogged in the school back in the day,yet e no stop them from venturing into oloshoism
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by CJStarz: 2:13am On Oct 11, 2023
It's called corporal punishment.
Capital punishment is a death sentence.
It has no place in child development
[quote author=alphaconde post=126320835]Times really have changed.

But it's a good thing.

This generation think capital punishment has no place in children formation.
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by dinero101(m): 4:12am On Oct 11, 2023
Using iron rod is bad but truth be told, an indisciplined child would end up as a nuisance to this country
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by eldoradoxx: 4:41am On Oct 11, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:
No wonder we churning out hook-up girls and yahoo fraudsters in millions

Discipline has been eliminated!

Some parents will even tell you that, no one can touch their child even if he is injecting Fentanyl into his body!
Rubbish, when you give birth to your own child, allow a mentally deranged teacher to use iron rods to flog them. Subject an average teacher in Nigeria to a proper psychological evaluation, many of them wont pass the test of remaining a teacher. That was how one mad woman i called teacher gave me (then a primary 2 kid) 10 strokes of cane for doing nothing other than chewing gum in class.
As a kid then, i knew that the flogging was too much for my crime. Try that kind of discipline on my kid now and I will ensure that teacher goes to jail, they cannot be transferring their aggression on innocent kids.
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by CoronaVirusPro: 4:54am On Oct 11, 2023
eldoradoxx:

Rubbish, when you give birth to your own child, allow a mentally deranged teacher to use iron rods to flog them. Subject an average teacher in Nigeria to a proper psychological evaluation, many of them wont pass the test of remaining a teacher. That was how one mad woman i called teacher gave me (then a primary 2 kid) 10 strokes of cane for doing nothing other than chewing gum in class.
As a kid then, i knew that the flogging was too much for my crime. Try that kind of discipline on my kid now and I will ensure that teacher goes to jail, they cannot be transferring their aggression on innocent kids.

People like you are the reason why the world is churning out large number of cultist, drug addicts and prostitutes!

Is the moral of capacity of kids declining or increasing? From Europe, North America, to Africa, it is rapidly declining, because people like you have chosen to pamper kids instead of flogging them when due.

Take a walk through the streets of Lagos, Ogun, New York, Pennsylvania, and California , and see what your ideology has caused the world. All in the name of “Don’t touch my child “

I pray your kids won’t blame you for the life they will later find themselves. Keep celebrating rubbish!
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by Drsmartphilips: 5:45am On Oct 11, 2023
geoworldedu:
Whose person's lord and saviour? Do I look like a sheep to you? undecided
you are denying your lord and saviour like peter did you are a coward
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by eldoradoxx: 6:05am On Oct 11, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

People like you are the reason why the world is churning out large number of cultist, drug addicts and prostitutes!

Is the moral of capacity of kids declining or increasing? From Europe, North America, to Africa, it is rapidly declining, because people like you have chosen to pamper kids instead of flogging them when due.

Take a walk through the streets of Lagos, Ogun, New York, Pennsylvania, and California , and see what your ideology has caused the world. All in the name of “Don’t touch my child “

I pray your kids won’t blame you for the life they will later find themselves. Keep celebrating rubbish!
Only a smart person can properly exercise discipline over a child. There is no reason i teacher should pounce on a child in the name of discipline, a lot of them are just transferring their frustration on the innocent kid. I know what is proper discipline. Allow me discipline mine in the way i deem fit, but no teacher is allowed to turn my child to a punching bag
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by CoronaVirusPro: 6:10am On Oct 11, 2023
eldoradoxx:

Only a smart person can properly exercise discipline over a child. There is no reason i teacher should pounce on a child in the name of discipline, a lot of them are just transferring their frustration on the innocent kid. I know what is proper discipline. Allow me discipline mine in the way i deem fit, but no teacher is allowed to turn my child to a punching bag

That’s the doctrine of the West!

Can’t you see what they churning out? Nigerians will get there too.

We are still yet to have 14 years olds gunning down each other, and under age pregnancy is still a big deal.

We will get there! Let’s allow the kids have their freedom, they are humans and not animals.
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by eldoradoxx: 6:14am On Oct 11, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

That’s the doctrine of the West!

Can’t you see what they churning out? Nigerians will get there too.

We are still yet to have 14 years olds gunning down each other, and under age pregnancy is still a big deal.

We will get there! Let’s allow the kids have their freedom, they are humans and not animals.
The West is still 0ne million years far better and ahead criminals in Africa. With all our discipline and that our leaders got, where have they led the country. It is not about discipline, it is about getting a society that works. Society does not work by psychologically damaged adults turning kids into punching bags in the name of discipline
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by CoronaVirusPro: 6:20am On Oct 11, 2023
eldoradoxx:

The West is still 0ne million years far better and ahead criminals in Africa. With all our discipline and that our leaders got, where have they led the country. It is not about discipline, it is about getting a society that works. Society does not work by psychologically damaged adults turning kids into punching bags in the name of discipline

Nigerian kids are learners and not bad. They are far better than their counterparts in the west.

No matter how bad you are in Nigeria, you will still have “BASIC” etiquettes and morals. That cannot be said in the West. Have you witnessed how elementary school talk yo their teachers, and all they get is a note back home, or at worst, invite you the parent.

Have seen under age drug peddler or gun runner? All this are no big deals in the West. The society has all the vices to make them go nut.

And when they now get to the age of 16, they become gods backed by the law.

Nigerian kids that are still collecting slaps at that age.
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by Absuchat(m): 6:33am On Oct 11, 2023
Judolisco:
even 4 secondary school?
Even from primary 4.... some of these stupid paedophiles have started disturbing the female students
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by Kennytopp55(m): 7:13am On Oct 11, 2023
Paraman:
The police on Tuesday arraigned a 43-year-old teacher, David Yusuf, in a Wuse Zone II Magistrates’ Court in Abuja for allegedly flogging a student of the Government Girls College, Kuje, FCT.

The defendant, who is said to be a casual staff of the college is charged with two counts of causing grievous harm without provocation and assault.

He pleaded not guilty.

The police prosecutor, Mr Edwin Inegbenoise, told the court that the case was transferred from the Kuje Divisional Police Headquarters to the Criminal Investigation Department, FCT, for further investigation.

Inegbenoise alleged that the nominal complainant, Henry Iortim, of Union Homes Estate, Kuje, reported the case at the police station.

The prosecutor said the complainant alleged that his 16-year-old daughter who is a student of the college was assaulted by the defendant on June 2.

He added that the defendant during night prep flogged the victim with an iron rod and inflicted injuries on her palm and other parts of her body.

He further said that the offences charged with contravened the provision of sections 241 and 326 of the Penal Code.

Magistrate Abdulmajid Oniyangi admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N2 million with two sureties in likes sum that must be residing within the jurisdiction of the court.

He ordered that the addresses of the sureties should be verified by the court’s registrar before the defendant would be released.

He adjourned the case until November 6 for a hearing and presentation of witnesses by the prosecuting counsel.

(NAN)

https://punchng.com/teacher-arraigned-for-flogging-female-student/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social
What is morhine u you this Igbo bou.
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by Paraman: 7:21am On Oct 11, 2023
Kennytopp55:
What is morhine u you this Igbo bou.
I don't get you?
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by geoworldedu: 9:50am On Oct 11, 2023
Drsmartphilips:
you are denying your lord and saviour like peter did you are a coward

grin cheesy
My lord and saviour is Amadioha. There was a day when thunder struck down a tree beside my house. I screamed "Amadioha save me o!" The thunder bypassed me and struck another tree beside me. This is my testimony.
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by princeade86(m): 10:05am On Oct 11, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

I'm sure iron rod wasn't use, it's more of a case I do you know who I am, I will show you.
When I saw the bail bond, I confirmed my doubt
the bail bond is suspicious
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by indigenous234(f): 10:16am On Oct 11, 2023
Now you sound like an adult baby. I'm not saying it's not remotely possible to be true, I'm saying it's also remotely possible the allegations against the teacher may be false after all. For this reason, i refuse to crucify the teacher on the basis of mere allegation. Especially when he infact, pleaded not guilty. True a 16yr old can tell the difference between a cane and an iron rod. Also true is that a 16yr old can lie to exaggerate the true picture/incidence. What i find unjust is the steep bail condition. The judge should have plainly remanded the teacher instead😒.

Metrofox:

You must be a baby to not know or not have seen teachers or even parents who overreach reasonable boundaries and inflict harm in children in the name of punishment.

We've heard cases of students collapsing after being flogged extensively and most parents will not even bother to take up a case with a teacher unless they have seen serious harm inflicted on their child. A16 year old child is not a baby that cannot tell the difference between a cane and iron rod but you can go ask for pictures if that's what turns you on. If they don't speak up and he continues one day a student will end up dead. Better they handle it now so we know if the teacher is mentally stable or is bringing frustration from his personal life to the classroom
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by Pootle: 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2023
CJStarz:

Oloshos too were flogged in the school back in the day,yet e no stop them from venturing into oloshoism

there is difference between olosho by birth and those that could have been curtailed. guy we for be thugs if not for community discipline that year, me na born aj boy na grace jus folo us

1 Like

Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by CJStarz: 1:32pm On Oct 11, 2023
True talk bro, true talk.
Me sef na ma Mama beating reset my brain. I for dey on kolos by now😂

Pootle:

there is difference between olosho by birth and those that could have been curtailed. guy we for be thugs if not for community discipline that year, me na born aj boy na grace jus folo us

1 Like

Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by Pootle: 1:36pm On Oct 11, 2023
CJStarz:
True talk bro, true talk.
Me sef na ma Mama beating reset my brain. I for dey on kolos by now😂

grin grin grin no be lie bro...kids this days dey spoilt and the society no even care na that one dey pain me pass

1 Like

Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by Drsmartphilips: 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2023
geoworldedu:

grin cheesy
My lord and saviour is Amadioha. There was a day when thunder struck down a tree beside my house. I screamed "Amadioha save me o!" The thunder bypassed me and struck another tree beside me. This is my testimony.
God punish amadioha
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by wandium: 2:57pm On Oct 11, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Seriously I marvel when I read stories like this. Even the bible for the christian fanatics said "Spare the rod and spoil the child" you can only tame the evil and madness in children via the rod. No amount of sweet talk or calm words can do that.
I pity the generation we are brewing
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by CoronaVirusPro: 3:00pm On Oct 11, 2023
wandium:

Seriously I marvel when I read stories like this. Even the bible for the christian fanatics said "Spare the rod and spoil the child" you can only tame the evil and madness in children via the rod. No amount of sweet talk or calm words can do that.
I pity the generation we are brewing

Exactly!

Most are trying to form western, forgetting that western kids are nothing to write good about.

You will be hearing them say, I communicate with my child and he listens. grin grin grin Many of those kids will end up killing them at old age with hypertension.
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by Smithwilliams826: 3:22pm On Oct 11, 2023
Sirmwill:
This is so inhumane

A law should be passed to make flogging students in school illegal. There are other ways to punish them

Cos

With all the flogging that has been going on for years, the country still constantly produces criminals even to the presidential level.

Some teachers , ion know, it's like they derive pleasure in flogging students

Flogging a child should be exclusive to ones parents at least

Before you quote me foolishly, read very well and see where it was alleged that he flogged the student with an IRON ROD
Easy to say.
Come teach in any school in Nigeria.
Inflicting injury on the children is a no.
Re: Teacher Arraigned For Flogging Female Student by Beuberry(f): 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2023
CoronaVirusPro:

Some parents will even tell you that, no one can touch their child even if he is injecting Fentanyl into his body!
When you still had good brain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2014/2015 Federal Polytechnic, Ede Admission Process / Fire Outbreak At Usman Dan-Fodio University Female Hostel, Sokoto (Video) / JAMB Proposes Mobile Phones For 2023 UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.